NFL 2024-2025 Thread

Even without that punt return, all Stafford had to do was launch the ball 50 yards downfield and one of his receivers would make a play or one of our crappy corners would PI

These were 4 or 5 ranked receivers too. Smoked.

And ronnie bell, dude can't hold onto a ball if his life depended on it. Why is he out there???? Id rather see anyone else out there. Jacob Cowing can catch the ball AND he is a speedster. He would have eaten up what may be the slowest secondary in the league. That is all on kyle, cause everyone knows kyle hates playing rookies. Bell is a dump truck man.........

Last edited:
The offense has fallen off some, but the defense has fallen off worse.....49ers will be lucky to be 2 games above .500 with this terrible defense - the front office clowns drafted a rcvr and then overpaid Aiyuk.....Green was a horrble pick for the secondary, and LBs Folwes and Campbell are both average looking at best. while Yiadom and Brown both look poor. There's not one above average looking secondary player this season. This is on their front office, continuing to gamble on a poor draft strategy with D-Line the top focus bar-none. You neglect an aspect of your team long enough, and it'll come back to haunt you, and this year looks like that haunting. Teams are absolutely going to pick apart the 49ers this year. Purdy and the offense are going to have alot of pressure - pendulum has swung back - it used to be the defense carried their offense, and now it's gonna have to be the opposite .

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Game is on the defense being terrible.
This much I agree with. Injuries have played a role here, but the front seven we have right now is not getting it done and we're just not a Super Bowl caliber team without that defensive dominance at the line of scrimmage that has been the trademark of the Shanahan era so far. Bosa looks pretty ordinary without Armstead and a solid second edge rusher to play off of. Warner is still great but we're really missing Greenlaw and no one has stepped up to replace Azeez Al-Shaair yet either so our strongest position has become an area of weakness.

Heck of a game for Purdy and Jennings though. It's a shame the defense couldn't give them a better chance to win.

Cowboys: Check
Raiders: Check
Niners: Check

Also, way to show up for your fans, Raiders. Good laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd, was that game painful to watch (in person)???!!!

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
The offense has fallen off some, but the defense has fallen off worse.....49ers will be lucky to be 2 games above .500 with this terrible defense - the front office clowns drafted a rcvr and then overpaid Aiyuk.....Green was a horrble pick for the secondary, and LBs Folwes and Campbell are both average looking at best. while Yiadom and Brown both look poor. There's not one above average looking secondary player this season. This is on their front office, continuing to gamble on a poor draft strategy with D-Line the top focus bar-none. You neglect an aspect of your team long enough, and it'll come back to haunt you, and this year looks like that haunting. Teams are absolutely going to pick apart the 49ers this year. Purdy and the offense are going to have alot of pressure - pendulum has swung back - it used to be the defense carried their offense, and now it's gonna have to be the opposite .
With the injuries and Trent & Aiyuk re-signing so late I thought this had all the indications of a big let down season for the Niners. Still definitely time to turn things around, but I won't be surprised if this ends up being a really disappointing year where they miss the playoffs. If so, I wonder if Shanahan is let go. There seems to be some frustration among the Yorks with the current regime.