Collected Sacramento Kings 2024 Offseason News Links

• Thread starter NBC Sports Bay Area & California
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sacramento Kings On SI

The NBA is full of the world's top talent, but the point guard position seems to always stand out. Headlined by superstars like Dallas Mavericks' Luka Doncic and Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry, the point guard is easily the NBA's most loaded position group. The Sacramento Kings premier talent is their point guard, De'Aaron Fox.

Continue reading...

Y

Yahoo! Sports - NBA - Sacramento Kings News

Kings Sacramento Kings unveil their 2024-25 regular season schedule. Here are the key matchups. By Cecilio Padilla Updated on: August 15, 2024 / 12:53 PM PDT / CBS Sacramento CBS News Live CBS News Sacramento Live SACRAMENTO – The Sacramento Kings have released their 2024-25 NBA regular season schedule, and they'll kick things off right at home. Notably, it will be the Kings' 40th season in Sacramento. NBA Opening Night festivities will see the Kings taking on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Oct. 24 at the Golden 1 Center. Just a few days later, on Oct. 26, the Kings will head down to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers. As previously announced, the mid-season Emirates NBA Cup will kick off on Nov.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

After bringing home gold in exciting fashion, Team USA men's basketball will look to continue their expected success at home for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics. This year's Team USA squad was headlined by the superstar trio of Steph Curry, LeBron James, and Kevin Durant, but as the future Hall of Famers age, we have likely seen them play their last Olympics. Shaun Powell of NBA.com attempted to predict what the Team USA squad will look like for the 2028 Olympics, headlined by Minnesota Timberwolves rising superstar Anthony Edwards among other young talent.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

The acquisition of DeMar DeRozan and internal improvements should ignite a spark with this Kings squad and lead to a better playoff opportunity. The Kings are led by De'Aaron Fox, Domantas Sabonis, and veteran DeMar DeRozan, but it takes more than three guys to lead a team to the next level. Grant Hughes of Bleacher Report lists every NBA team's biggest "X-Factor" for the 2024-25 season, dubbing Keon Ellis as Sacramento's most important role player.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

The Sacramento Kings drafted Devin Carter with the 13th overall pick in the 2024 NBA Draft following a disappointing season that landed them a lottery selection. While Carter is expected to miss half the season following shoulder surgery, we can look at Sacramento's draft history to get a general idea of how their lottery selections typically pan out. Keegan Murray, 22, came into his draft as one of the older prospects at the top of the board, yet the Kings took the risk.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

The Sacramento Kings made the blockbuster trade of the offseason in a three-team deal that landed them six-time All-Star DeMar DeRozan. While acquiring a third star to put next to De'Aaron Fox and Domantas Sabonis is undoubtedly the correct move, many fans and media outlets are skewing the narrative. DeRozan is one of the best wing scorers of this generation and an underrated playmaker, but many have questioned how he will fit into Sacramento's system defensively. Last season, the Kings were heavily slept on in terms of their team defense.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

Domantas Sabonis Led 2023-24 NBA Season in Peculiar Stat The Sacramento Kings star big man topped his peers last season in a wild statistic. Logan Struck | 5 Hours Ago Apr 7, 2024; Brooklyn, New York, USA; Sacramento Kings forward Domantas Sabonis (10) dribbles up court during the first half against the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center. Mandatory Credit: Vincent Carchietta-USA TODAY Sports / Vincent Carchietta-USA TODAY Sports In this story: Sacramento Kings The Sacramento Kings missed out on the 2023-24 NBA Playoffs, but that did not stop their stars from mounting their peers. De'Aaron Fox led the league in steals per game (2.0), and Domantas Sabonis was the rebound (13.7 per game) champ by

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

The Sacramento Kings made a splash this offseason by acquiring six-time NBA All-Star DeMar DeRozan, but one of the more underrated moves was the signing of point guard Jordan McLaughlin. McLaughlin is one of the most slept-on guards in the NBA, coming off an incredible year with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Despite playing a limited role in Minnesota, McLaughlin posted the best defensive rating of any player in the league last season (100.1, minimum 40 games played), and improved in nearly every aspect of his game. McLaughlin knocked down nearly half of his 89 three-point attempts last season (47.2%), was a viable playmaker off the bench, and an overall tenacious defender.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

The Sacramento Kings have an open roster spot with training camp inching closer, and a few notable free agents on the market could be their ideal filler. It is not out of the question for Sacramento to go into the 2024-25 season with an open roster spot, but they could still be looking to upgrade their wing depth. Bleacher Report's Dan Favale named the top landing spot for the five best remaining free agents, giving Sacramento the nod for Justin Holiday.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

Shot Blocking Center Listed as 'Top Trade Target' for Kings Bleacher Report named Portland Trail Blazers center Robert Williams as a dream trade target for the Sacramento Kings. Sean Ackerman | Sep 3, 2024 May 11, 2023; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA; Boston Celtics center Robert Williams III (44) dribbles the ball up court against the Philadelphia 76ers during the third quarter in game six of the 2023 NBA playoffs at Wells Fargo Center. / Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports In this story: Sacramento Kings The Sacramento Kings have made a flurry of moves to bolster both the starting lineup and bench depth heading into 2024. Trading for NBA All-Star DeMar DeRozan and drafting Devin Carter should

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

The Sacramento Kings have had some incredible uniforms over the years, but the design team has also missed on a few. With the NBA introducing different types of uniforms for each team, such as the "City Edition" or "Classic Edition," new jerseys are being produced each year. The leaked uniforms are a revival of the early 2000's threads, that Bibby actually wore as a King. It can be assumed that the Kings are using Bibby, and possibly other retired Kings, to reveal the throwback uniforms, but Bibby just got too ahead of himself.

Continue reading...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The picture in the article is so cut off I can't really tell what the jersey is but from the shorts I'm assuming it's the classic purple road uni? If so, I'm all for it. That deep purple is our primary color, and definitely helps us to stand out from other teams. We seem to go back and forth on wearing it, but the years when purple is on the shelf, to me it's like if the Celtics decided to drop their green uniforms for a season. Makes no sense. With all teams having four different uniforms every year I don't understand why we can't have (1) White, (2) Purple, (3+4) Whatever Fun Things For This Year.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
The picture in the article is so cut off I can't really tell what the jersey is but from the shorts I'm assuming it's the classic purple road uni? If so, I'm all for it. That deep purple is our primary color, and definitely helps us to stand out from other teams. We seem to go back and forth on wearing it, but the years when purple is on the shelf, to me it's like if the Celtics decided to drop their green uniforms for a season. Makes no sense. With all teams having four different uniforms every year I don't understand why we can't have (1) White, (2) Purple, (3+4) Whatever Fun Things For This Year.
I thought it was just Mike putting on his old uniform but the Nike logo wasn’t prominent on those roadies and I think Reebok was the supplier back then..so I guess these will make a comeback.

IMG_2621.jpeg

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

Most of the NBA media make flawed assumptions about the Sacramento Kings, thinking that they are a bad defensive team. The improvements that Keon Ellis and Keegan Murray have individually made on that side of the ball are phenomenal, but Sacramento's defensive talent goes deeper than that. Domantas Sabonis is widely recognized for his impressive playmaking, rebounding, and physicality, but people bash his defense far too heavily. While Sabonis does not get a ton of blocks and is not the most dominant shot influencer, he still gets it done in the post.

Continue reading...

S

Sacramento Kings On SI

NBA legend and Hall of Famer Vince Carter has been atop of headlines this week, as the Brooklyn Nets and Toronto Raptors have both announced they will honor the high-flying highlight reel by putting his jersey in the rafters. Josh Lewenberg of TSN Sports reported that Toronto will retire Carter's jersey on November 2nd while hosting the Sacramento Kings. Carter will become the first player in Toronto's franchise history to ascend into the rafters, but the 22-year veteran left a legacy in eight different cities, including Sacramento.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.