Collected Sacramento Kings 2024 Offseason News Links

• Thread starter NBC Sports Bay Area & California
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cavs Insider

With the NBA offseason close to getting underway, the Cleveland Cavaliers are going to be a very intriguing team to keep an eye on. After getting bounced from the playoffs in the second round by the Boston Celtics, the Cavaliers will look to improve the roster to be even more competitive next season. Donovan Mitchell is the perfect franchise cornerstone, but he needs more help. Darius Garland and Evan Mobley are quality players, but they still have a lot of developing to do.

Continue reading...

Y

Yahoo! Sports - NBA - Sacramento Kings News

Kings Sacramento Kings star Domantas Sabonis to wear retired No. 11 jersey By Cecilio Padilla June 14, 2024 / 10:41 AM PDT / CBS Sacramento CBS News Live CBS News Sacramento Live SACRAMENTO — Domantas Sabonis will be switching to a previously retired jersey number after getting special permission from the family of a Kings legend. On Friday, Sabonis and the team announced that the Kings All-Star would be switching jersey numbers from No. 10 to No. 11. "The number 11 holds a special place in mine and my family's lives, having worn it throughout my career in honor of my father," said Sabonis in a statement. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Domantas Sabonis (@dsabonis11) No one with

Continue reading...

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Depending on who is there at 13 and 20 not bad. If we could get Holmes or Da Silva at 20 and there was nobody that fell to 13 that you couldn't pass on it's definitely a good plan. I am just glad to not see one of those Kings give up 5 potential rotation players to get Kuzma or BI type deal.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depending on who is there at 13 and 20 not bad. If we could get Holmes or Da Silva at 20 and there was nobody that fell to 13 that you couldn't pass on it's definitely a good plan. I am just glad to not see one of those Kings give up 5 potential rotation players to get Kuzma or BI type deal.
I mentioned this in a different thread, but Sam Vecenie's off-season preview for the Kings had them trading Barnes, Huerter, Lyles, Vezenkov, Mitchell, and Duarte along with #13 to get Kuzma and LaVine. Oh, and they lost Monk in free agency.

If that came to pass I think I'd just nope out of next season entirely.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
dangit. If we were for sure losing Monk is that something that could be done after July 1? or trade of expirings who won't be back to get the numbers closer before July 1?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
dangit. If we were for sure losing Monk is that something that could be done after July 1? or trade of expirings who won't be back to get the numbers closer before July 1?
Those numbers are for "next season" - July 1st and beyond.

Although teams whose season is over are able to make trades, you can't trade any contracts that are expiring June 30 or could possibly expire before next season due to a player option. (That's kind of an obvious way to avoid weird circumvention of salary cap rules.) So there's no way to kick in expirings before July 1.

We would have to throw in more salary to make that trade happen. For instance, we could swap Barnes or Huerter straight up. I don't have time to run the numbers, but Sasha + Davion **might** work, not sure.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If we trade Davion I'm not including 13 in this deal.
To be honest, I'm not even evaluating this as a potential "deal" in terms of whether I'd no it or not, just noting that the cap aspect doesn't work. I really don't know what to think about one year of LeVert, but it seems a bit logjammy if we get Monk back.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
To be honest, I'm not even evaluating this as a potential "deal" in terms of whether I'd no it or not, just noting that the cap aspect doesn't work. I really don't know what to think about one year of LeVert, but it seems a bit logjammy if we get Monk back.
that's why I asked if we could do this after we knew Monk was gone.

I'm still sort of resigned to this fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.