[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Someone here knows if Giannis is with restriction minutes for the Olympic qualifications ?
I see Greece coach isn’t using him more then 5 minutes per quarter which I find strange
Even now in the final against not bad Croatia
Yes he was but not officially. All those years whenever he joined the team there was always a Bucks member in the coaching staff making sure that everything goes smoothly and there won't be any risk of injury or playing while feeling not 100%. He also missed the match vs Egypt (not that Greece needed him to win that one) but his absence was announced like 1 hour before tip off after making sure there was a ticket sold out.

It seems that Giannis will be the one holding the flag in the opening ceremony especially after Tentoglou (the long jump athlete that has won gold medals in the latest Euro/World Champs and Olympics) declined to do it himself due to "conflicting schedule".

Yes he was but not officially. All those years whenever he joined the team there was always a Bucks member in the coaching staff making sure that everything goes smoothly and there won't be any risk of injury or playing while feeling not 100%. He also missed the match vs Egypt (not that Greece needed him to win that one) but his absence was announced like 1 hour before tip off after making sure there was a ticket sold out.

It seems that Giannis will be the one holding the flag in the opening ceremony especially after Tentoglou (the long jump athlete that has won gold medals in the latest Euro/World Champs and Olympics) declined to do it himself due to "conflicting schedule".
But he was literally 100% involved in the games , even from the bench he was cheering and encouraging every good play , really made fantastic impression , at least to me though …
Hope they will make some good run in the Olympics though I don’t see (sorry) then as medal contenders

I didn’t see the game but watched the Edey highlights. I wont be surprised if he is the best player out of Sarr, Clingan and himself. Sure, a bit early to say so but dude plays with intensity, moves way better than most think and is huge. Effin Memphis.

I didn’t see the game but watched the Edey highlights. I wont be surprised if he is the best player out of Sarr, Clingan and himself. Sure, a bit early to say so but dude plays with intensity, moves way better than most think and is huge. Effin Memphis.
I didn’t really have an opinion of Sarr but I would have taken Edey over Clingan in the draft.

He looked solid last night but he was also going up against Kessler 95% of the time. I want to see how he does against some less traditional 5s.
Or how he guards in space vs an NBA caliber guard/wing.

I always thought he was an NBA rotation player. Just too skilled, too big not to be. But what his minutes ceiling can be is going to be interesting to watch

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Or how he guards in space vs an NBA caliber guard/wing.

I always thought he was an NBA rotation player. Just too skilled, too big not to be. But what his minutes ceiling can be is going to be interesting to watch
If he has a minutes ceiling it won't be for lack of conditioning - he was routinely playing 40 minutes a game at the end of this season.

Players must declare for and go through the draft before being eligible to sign anywhere. Flagg is the number 1 prospect and will be the number 1 pick in next years draft.
Yeah man , was pretty much a joke :)
But I was really impressed , you can imagine that I saw him for first time when I posted the link and he is pretty much impressive:)
I’m sure he is already well known for all that care about basketball over there
You can’t hide what he have :D

Exhibit A of why you just don't bother trading with Ainge for the most part.

My guess is that the Warriors cave and offer Kuminga but not Podziemski.
if Golden State really insists on going for it they should offer Kuminga/Moody and their first available first rounder. No swaps or additional future picks. They want to go all in one last time so that’s the price.

I actually think this is a rare example of where mortgaging their future is NOT worth it for an additional championship (incredibly unlikely they actually get one) This team’s legacy is already cemented. I don’t think one more changes things all that much, especially at the cost of not being in control of your own rebuild for 5-6 years or more.

Plus, eff that guy over in Utah, I hope his team sucks for the next 10 years.

Exhibit A of why you just don't bother trading with Ainge for the most part.

My guess is that the Warriors cave and offer Kuminga but not Podziemski.
The Warriors better just roll with Kuminga finally and see what they have. Markkanen isn't turning a franchise from play in to contender overnight. He's not that guy. Or at least hasn't proven to be that anywhere he's ever been.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member