Welcome Devin Carter

This guy compared him to Tamika Catchings? I guess I could see that. Catchings is on my short list for WNBA goat. She was a phenomenal defender.
Too bad they play two completely different games against completely different levels of competition. An apples to steak comparison. Like comparing Jake Browning’s single-season record of 91 TD passes in high school to Peyton Manning’s single-season record of 55 TD passes in the NFL. Despite being the same sport with some differing rules, they aren’t comparable in the least.

Why not compare Devin Carter to some pitbull defender in junior high school or elementary school? It’d be just as silly and irrelevant.

Nothing against Tamika Catchings or the world beaters at the Junior HS/elementary levels in general, as they are all great in their own rights. Just not in any way shape or form comparable to the NBA game or the elite level college players that wind up there.

To be crystal clear, I’m not directing this reply toward you, hrdboild, but rather the comparison itself made by the fools on the radio.

I wonder what’s next, comparing Zach Edey to Margo Dydek instead of Marc Gasol or Boban Marjanović?

Last edited:
So I’ll admit I don’t know one thing about who we drafted or who we should have drafted. So I tune in to 1320 to learn something about this guy and Damien Barling said his comp is some girl from the WNBA. Thanks Damien. So I’ll have to go watch stuff on catchings to find out who Devin Carter plays like. I know you are a WNBA honk but cmon man! Couldn’t find an NBA player to compare him to for those of us who don’t watch the WNBA? Thanks for nothing.
D-Lo and KC are usually a damn good radio duo but that was undoubtedly a TERRIBLE take.

cong
congratulations to Devin for all his accomplishments , and as a dad I sure appreciate his acknowledgment to his father who never got drafted. Personally I find all the hairline comments rather tasteless knowing its a sensitive topic for many males especially when your only in your early twenties.
Hope he has a bright future as a King.