[NBA] 2024 Free Agency mega-thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I oddly feel better about the Kings chances against the Pels with a CJ/Dejounte backcourt than I did about the Kings against them last year

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
ATL fleeced NOP, wow.

Murray just isn't very good. He got exposed heavily in ATL and isn't close to a defensive stopper

Nance is an awesome role player, Dyson Daniels is well on his way to being one of the elite defensive wings and 2 FRP??

hrdboild

Staff member
I oddly feel better about the Kings chances against the Pels with a CJ/Dejounte backcourt than I did about the Kings against them last year
They're probably moving CJ too I would think. Either way, a Pelicans team with Yves Missi and DeJounte Murray on it got a lot more competitive from a defensive point of view. Add in Herb Jones too and that's still a team I would not want to play against.

Then again, I don't know that our specific matchup problem with them this year was talent -- they just had a half dozen shooters who could not miss against our overmatched defense. Pivoting to more of a defensive mindset may make them a better team while also making them an easier matchup for us to handle.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Devin Carter is a good pick and all but this team isn’t better right now. The guard rotation was good before the Carter pick and it’s good after the pick. Need to address an upgrade to HB in the starting lineup. Im a bit worried

hrdboild

Staff member
ATL fleeced NOP, wow.

Murray just isn't very good. He got exposed heavily in ATL and isn't close to a defensive stopper

Nance is an awesome role player, Dyson Daniels is well on his way to being one of the elite defensive wings and 2 FRP??
I think Murray was just a poor fit in Atlanta, specifically because he was forced to play most of his minutes next to Trae Young. He's a guy who really should be the lead ball handler and point of attack defender not an off ball wing asked to guard up a position. New Orleans had no PG this season and they got exposed whenever they faced a disciplined defensive team which forced them out of their primary offensive actions.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
ATL fleeced NOP, wow.

Is it possible the team is the problem and not the player?

Not sure what to make of it but hopefully screws NOP up and we can at least split with them next season.

ATL fleeced NOP, wow.

If this works a brick wall is forming at the top of the West right now unfortunately. The Thunder are likely the next big brick to hit it's mark.

Monte needs to cook something badly. I know Harrison Barnes and Kevin Heurter have little value but everyone else is improving and we continue to simply exist in the bliss of making the playoffs once 2 seasons ago.
Monte might have to add just to make sure he's still in the play in depending on what the Dubs do. Man, if the Kings didn't land on Carter this would be far more bothersome. Has to pan out now though, and soon haha.