Draft Day!

Who will the Kings pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Normally, yes.

We shed some salary though, as they were clearly not in the plans. Once we drafted Carter, we, and the entire league knew that we will be looking to trade some of our guards, and Davion was the most obvious choice. Waiting for a better deal has its own cost as it limits the flexibility Monte might have wanted.
one you stack “best player available” over and over at the same position it puts you at a disadvantage with the other GM’s.

they know you have to make a move so they take your best player (Haliburton) or take your good picks in the 30’s to take your other guys.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lakers really might be the most dysfunctional franchise in the league right now despite having one of the two or three greatest players of all time on their team haha

He went to the Raptors at #57
It will be interesting to see if he will be able to move up the ranks of this year's draft class, and be considered amongst those who should've been drafted in round 1, as many on this forum at one point anticipated would happen (although, most of these predictions were made extremely early).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I neglected to turn off the ESPN coverage while I was wrpping some other stuff up - I can't believe they're STILL talking about Bronny. The entire broadcast is Bronny. I'm starting to think that the whole point of breaking off the second round to another day was to give ESPN a chance to talk about Bronny for three hours and next year we'll just go back to a one-day draft.

I neglected to turn off the ESPN coverage while I was wrpping some other stuff up - I can't believe they're STILL talking about Bronny. The entire broadcast is Bronny. I'm starting to think that the whole point of breaking off the second round to another day was to give ESPN a chance to talk about Bronny for three hours and next year we'll just go back to a one-day draft.
Yeah, it's an obvious gimmick. Hard to believe anyone is falling for it

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
the coverage of the second round has been so awful, anything is an improvement. They tend to stuff all the advertisements in that round and half the time we are at a commercial break when a pick is made. Hopefully they clean that up
Apparently they cleaned it up by doing it while the west coast is in their cozy office working.