Draft Day!

Who will the Kings pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No I said length matters. Don’t put words in my mouth. Length is generally standing reach and wingspan. But some players like Barnes and Carter can have very broad shoulders which give them above average wingspan and below average standing reach.

I’m done arguing yet another BPA available to the extreme Monte pick. I’m starting the think he is in the lower echelon of Kings GM’s
you’re done arguing???? I’ll believe that when I see it.

wow, I thought Davion and Sasha could get more than that in a trade.
Normally, yes.

We shed some salary though, as they were clearly not in the plans. Once we drafted Carter, we, and the entire league knew that we will be looking to trade some of our guards, and Davion was the most obvious choice. Waiting for a better deal has its own cost as it limits the flexibility Monte might have wanted.

BS. Nobody is flexing up to small forward with a 8’ 2” standing reach. We heard the same BS on this board when Davion was drafted with an 8’ 0” standing reach and he struggles to guard larger 2’s let alone 3’s.

Carter said he was a point guard for a reason.
Really? Where did Jae Crowder play? Also, don't always trust draft measurements as gospel. I watched a Raptors video after they drafted Scottie Barnes and the combine was like 2-3 inches off. It's a meat market, they aren't taking super detailed measurements most of the time.

I think you are underestimating Vivek’s desire to earn Luxury Tax payments and Monte’s ability to waste assets stacking BPA over and over at the same position.
We'll see, it was clear if you paid attention to the Kings cap situation this was coming. Keep the pick, re-sign Monk and the restrictions hit you hard if you aren't completing your roster right then and there. Going over the apron or tax if you are in the position the Knicks or Suns are in is one thing, if you aren't there though you get railed. This CBA again is hellbent on creating super teams, not allowing teams to coast and wait to strike while over the various thresholds.