Draft Day!

Who will the Kings pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand how people just watched Jrue Holiday and Derrick White play this season and look at Carter with incredibly similar intangibles and not be excited.

Again, those are ceiling comps, but Carter is the archetype you go to battle with in the playoffs. People complained about our lack of toughness, lack of defensive intensity? Not anymore.
I for one am very excited - 42 in vertical leaping possessed guy on defense. I'm gonna love watching Carter foul out playing defense trying to motivate the other Kings players. I just hope he stays healthy.

Yeah, if anyone is thinking he's going to step in and surpass Keon in his first season. I'd be surprised if that happened with how well the team played with Keon, who I assume will be the starter come game 1.
I don't think any rookie has much of a shot playing for Brown. This is the only guy in this draft that I think might crack it though.

I am sure this pick will help us beat the wings of Pels.
This criticism is silly. Nobody at the Kings' pick in this particular draft was going to help the Kings solve that particular problem. Nor would trading the pick in a package to bring back someone like Kyle Kuzma. Better to make the BPA pick, get an absolute dog who could easily top out as a Jrue Holiday-level talent, and work the phones on a subsequent trade that actually does upgrade the wing, especially now that you know you've got a Fox/Ellis/Monk/Carter guard rotation next season. Davion becomes trade bait in addition to Huerter.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm pretty high on Jones. I've thought he had a chance to get meaningful playing time this season, having assumed that Mitchell and Huerter would get traded
I was pretty high on Jones as a late-first/early-second guy last year. I still think he's a rotation player in the NBA eventually. But Carter has a big dose of "it" that Jones doesn't quite have, so I think he jumps the line.

Can I just register my serious doubts about Jaylon Tyson? I see Jordan Poole all over again.
I was always presented an alternative narrative recently that I've never thought of...

From what we know, do you think Jordan Poole was someone special being nurtured under the Dubs vets, and get literally knocked all the chemistry out of him? Or was he being overrated by being nurtured under the Dubs vets and now being exposed for who he really is?

This criticism is silly. Nobody at the Kings' pick in this particular draft was going to help the Kings solve that particular problem. Nor would trading the pick in a package to bring back someone like Kyle Kuzma. Better to make the BPA pick, get an absolute dog who could easily top out as a Jrue Holiday-level talent, and work the phones on a subsequent trade that actually does upgrade the wing, especially now that you know you've got a Fox/Ellis/Monk/Carter guard rotation next season. Davion becomes trade bait in addition to Huerter.
I agree not a single player in the draft can solve, but are we closer to solving the problem? I don’t think so.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I was always presented an alternative narrative recently that I've never thought of...

From what we know, do you think Jordan Poole was someone special being nurtured under the Dubs vets, and get literally knocked all the chemistry out of him? Or was he being overrated by being nurtured under the Dubs vets and now being exposed for who he really is?
So, I want to believe the latter, but I don't understand how GS didn't realize this and gave him that silly contract. But yes, the latter.