Bajaden's real 2024 Mock Draft: Part one

bajaden

Hall of Famer
1. Hawks: Zaccharie Risacher: SF, 6'8", 204 Lb's, 6'10.75" Wingspan, 19 yr's old, France
22.0 mpg - 10.1 ppg - 43.9% fgp - 35.2% 3pp - 74.0% ftp - 3.8 rpg - 0.9 apg - 0.9 stl's, 3.4 3pa

Risacher is a good athlete and fits the mold of the modern NBA wing. He needs to get stronger and tighten up his handles a bit, but I'm fairly confident he'll be a solid NBA player, maybe more.He pulls down almost 4 boards a game which isn't bad for 22 minutes. He'd win in a rebounding contest with Barnes. He's a good shooter, if a bit inconsistent at times, but can score from anywhere on the floor. I think in time, with some hard work, he can be a legit number 3 and perhaps, a number 2 scorer on a good team. He was surprisingly better on defense than I expected. Don't get me wrong, he's not a lock down defender, but I don't think he'll be a liability either once he gets some experience with the defensive scheme's of the NBA.

2. Wizards: Alexandre Sarr: Center, 7'1", 224 Lb's, 7'4.25" Wingspan, 18 yr's old, NBL
17.2 mpg - 9.7 ppg - 52.0% fgp - 29.8% 3pp - 60.5% ftp - 4.4 rpg - 0.9 apg - 0.5 stl's - 1.3 blk's - 2.0 3pa

From a physical point of view, there's not a lot of difference between Sarr and Kel'el Ware. Both with similar height, weight, and wingspan. Both very good athletes, and both looked at as potential floor spacing 5's. The difference is one of them has a lot of dog in him and the other doesn't. So the effort is there with Sarr, whose biggest contribution will be defensively. He has a way to go to be a floor spacer. Maybe in time! Offensively, most of his scoring will be around the basket, although he does have a midrange jumpshot. He also has surprisingly good handles for a player that young and that size! He's a good on ball defender. Ironically, I think he's a better on ball defender on the perimiter than in the post, when defending a post up. In time, I think he can be a solid, if not great defensive player. He's already a good P&R defender.

3. Rockets: Reed Sheppard: PG/SG, 6'3", 187 Lb's, 6'3.25" Wingspan, 7'10" Standing Reach, Freshman, Kentucky
28.9 mpg - 12.5 ppg - 53.6% fgp - 52.1% 3pp - 83.1% ftp - 4.1 rpg - 4.5 apg - 2.5 stl's - 0.7 blk's - 4.4 3pa

Sheppard could be the best player out of this draft 3 years from now. He's the best shooter in this draft and his shot appears effortless. He showed the ability to take over a game like he did against Tennessee, hitting three after three. A game in which he out dueled Dalton Knecht. Sheppard is a good defender who unbelievely blocked multiple shots on the perimeter, thanks to his 42 inch vertical. He reads passing lanes averaging 2.5 steals a game. I think Sheppard is one of the safest picks in this draft. His feel for the game is outstanding. He's a terrific passer, and has good handles. And yes, for those doubters, he can play above the rim. He'd be a great addition to the Rockets. Would look good in a Kings uni as well!

4. Spurs: Cody Williams: SF, 6'8", 178 Lb's, 7'1" Wingspan, Freshman, Colorado
28.4 mpg - 11.9 ppg - 55.2% fgp - 41.5% 3pp - 71.4% ftp - 3.0 rpg - 1.6 apg - 0.6 stl's - 0.7 blk's - 1.7 3pa

I like Williams a lot. He's one of those players that if I were to guess, could be a star in the future. He had a disapointing season. Williams was recovering from an injury for most of the 2nd half of the season and simpy wasn't the same player that started the season.He's a very good shooter and is a 3 level scorer. He's an above average athlete and a good defender who has the quickness and length to guard one through four. His brother is already a borderline star in the NBA, so I'm willing to bet on the genetics here. I think when totally healthy, he'll put up better rebounding numbers. He has to get stronger and tighten up his handle, but I think he has a fairly high floor, and a very high ceiling. The spurs need some offense, and Williams should be able to supply it.

5. Pistons: Dalton Knecht: SF/SG, 6'6.5", 212 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Senior, Tennessee
29.5 mpg - 20.0 ppg - 47.6% fgp - 40.0% 3pp - 75.5% ftp - 4.9 rpg - 2.0 apg - 0.7 stl's - 0.8 blk's - 5.4 3pa

I think Dalton is one of the top players in this draft. He's definitely one of the best offensive players. He's grear coming off screens and DHO's. He has a solid midrange game that includes floaters and pullup jumpers. He never stops moving. If your guarding him off the ball, don't turn your head. He's a good finisher and has very good handles. He has a great motor and a lot of dog in him. He's a physical player who doesn't avoid contact when attacking the basket. He has good court vision, and although his assist numbers don't leap off the page, in truth, he had no one to pass the ball to that could make a shot. He's a surprisingly good athlete who turned in a 39 inch vertical at the combine and did extremely well in the agility drills. The only question mark with Dalton is whether he can be a good defender in the NBA. He wasn't a liability in college, so we'll see.

6.Hornets: Stephen Castle: SF/SG, 6'6.5", 210 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, UConn
27 mpg - 11.1 ppg - 47.2% fgp - 26.7% 3pp - 75.5% ftp - 4.7 rpg - 2.9 apg - 0.8 stl's - 0.5 blk's - 2.2 3pa

I'm not as high on Castle as most are. Castle shot a pitiful 26% from three this past season. His one redeeming factor is that he's a decent freethrow shooter, and his shot doesn't look broken. But, it didn't go in. I'm not one of those people that believes that everyone can learn to shoot the ball. In Castles case, he does everything else so well that he'll find a way to score 10 to 12 points a game.Castle is a very good defender who can probably guard one through four. He's solidly built and a good athlete. He's a good passer and rebounds the ball well. He got overshadowed a bit at UConn and wasn't really needed to do a lot offensively. So he did all the dirty work that helps you win. everyone needs a player like that.

7. Trailblazers: Tidjane Salaun: PF, 6'9", 205 Lb's, 7'1" Wingspan, Age NA, Cholet
21.7 mpg - 9.4 ppg - 41.7% fgp - 33.3% 3pp - 79.4% ftp - 3.5 rpg - 0.7 apg - 1.1 stl's -

Salaum is one of the more interesting prospects in the draft. He's a freakish athlete that at times plays like a bull in a china shop. He takes ill advised shots, and drives the ball into a crowd. His handles get way too loose at times and he loses control. But despite that, you find yourself falling in love with this kid who seems to have no fear.. He seems to say, just wait, the best is yet to come. Salaum is long and rangey with the tools to be a very good defender. He has a great motor and a lot of dog in him. which I love. He's an unselfish player and a willing passer. I think his 3 pt shot will improve with letting everything slow down

8. Spurs: Nikola Topic: PG, 6'6", 201 Lb's, 18 years old, Mega Mis
33.8 mpg - 18.4 ppg - 52.3% fgp - 25.9% 3pp - 85.5% ftp - 3.6 rpg - 7.1 apg - 1.0 stl's - 4.5 3pa

Topic seems to be the consensus pick for the Spurs. Topic is a pure PG with great court vision and feel for the game. He has the ability to get anywhere he wants on the floor. He's not an elite athlete, but has hesitation moves, head fakes, pump fakes, and misdirection movement. So while he's not an explosive athlete, it doesn't matter, he goes where he wants! He's a very poor 3 pt shooter, which means in the NBA, he's the player on the floor they'll be leaving open. His form looks good, and he's a good free throw shooter, for what that's worth! He is a very good finisher but seldom dunks the ball. He has great size for the position. He's not a great athlete, but he's a good defender with good instincts. If he can develop a jumpshot, he could be special. He did suffer a couple of injuries this season. None serious, but noteworthy!

9. Grizzly's: Donovan Clingan: Center, 7'3", 282 Lb's, 7'6.75" Wingspan, 9'7" Standing Reach, Soph, UConn
22.5 mpg - 13.0 ppg - 63.9% fgp - 25.0% 3pp - 59.3% ftp - 7.4 rpg - 1.5 apg - 0.5 stl's - 2.5 blk's - 0.2 3pa

Considering that the Grizz need a center, this was an obvioius choice. I think he can easily fill the role that Valanciunas played last season, so he's a perfect fit. There's not much to say about Clingan that hasn't already been said. He's tall and has an enormous standing reach. I think he's underrated around the basket offensively. He has very good touch and is almost automatic if you get him the ball within 5 feet of the rim. He has a decent midrange shot which should get better.I think the idea of him being a stretch 5 is a bit exaggerated. He took one about every 4 games and shot 25%. He runs the floor fairly well. While he didn't fare well in the agility drills at the combine, he shows instinctive quickness defending the basket. The looming question is, how will he defend in isolation against a guard on the perimeter.

10. Jazz: Ron Holland: SF, 6'7.5", 196 Lb's, 6'10.5" Wingspan, 18 years old, G-League Ignite
30.3 mpg - 17.5 ppg - 47.4% fgp - 23.9% 3pp - 68.2% ftp - 6.7 rpg - 2.8 apg - 2.1 stl's - 1.1 blk's - 3.1 3pa

If Holland could shoot the three, he'd be a top five pick. He's not a particularly good freethrow shooter either. What he is, is a freak athlete! His outside shot is one of his major flaws, shooting only 24% from three. He loves to attack the basket, but unfortunately, doesn't have the handles. He gets very loose with the ball and compounds it by driving into traffic. He's a willing passer who has shown some flashes of creating for his teammates. He's also a very good rebounder for his position. Defensively is where he stands out. I think he has a chance to be a lock down defender. He has quick hands resulting in deflections and steals. Question is, are you willing to bet on his outside shot coming around? He's a high energy player with a great motor. Those kind of players always find a way to impact a game.

11. Bulls: Rob Dillingham: PG, 6'2.5", 164 Lb's, 6'3" Wingspan, Freshman, Kentucky
23.3 mpg - 15.2 ppg - 47.5% fgp - 44.4% 3pp - 79.6% ftp - 2.9 rpg - 3.9 apg - 1.0 stl's - 4.5 3pa

Dillingham is one of the more exciting players in this draft. He's instant offense. Many argue that he's not a true PG. Oddly enough they say the same thing about his running mate, Reed Sheppard. Dillingham excells at running the pick and roll. While Sheppard shot over 50% from three (ridiculous) Rod wasn't exactly chump change. He managed to shoot 44%. The two of them together were lethal. I can see Dillingham in a Malik Monk type of roll, coming off the bench and being a spark plug. He has to get stronger, and defensively he may struggle against some of the taller stronger guards in the league. But what he brings to the floor should more than make up for any defensive deficiences.

12. Thunder: Matas Buzelis: SF/PF, 6'10", 197 Lb's, 6'10" Wingspan, 19 years old, G-League Ignite
30.6 mpg - 14.3 ppg - 44,8% fgp - 27.3% 3pp - 67.9% ftp - 6.9 rpg - 2.0 apg - 0.8 stl's - 2.1 blk's - 3.4 3pa

Matas is a good athlete, but a terrible shooter. I kept waiting for something to leap out at me. That wow moment I'm always looking for. Anything! But it didn't happen. Now I didn't see every game, but in the games I did see, I wasn't impressed. He does have good handles, and he showed defensive potential as well. And I'll say this, his shot looks good. It simply doesn't go in. I'd feel better if he was an 80% freethrow shooter, but he's not. He's a young player with upside. And maybe I'm missing something. He has good height and he plays an unselfish game of basketball. He's a good passer and a good finisher at the basket, and judging from the 2.1 blks a game, he should be able to buy some minutes on defense.

13. Kings: Tristan Da Silva: PF/SF, 6'9.5", 216 Lb's, 6'10.25" Wingspan, Senior, Colorado
33.9 mpg - 16.0 ppg - 49.3% fgp - 39.5% 3pp - 83.5% ftp - 5.1 rpg - 2.4 apg - 1.1 stl's - 0.6 blk's - 4.8 3pa

I really struggled with this one. It came down to Da Silva or Carter. To be honest, I would be happy with either of them. Carter is so much fun to watch as he reeks havoc on the other teams offense. But with long wings hard to come by, and with Da Silva being one of those, I simply couldn't pass on him. In many ways Tristan reminds me a bit of Murray. Good at everything, but not great at any one thing. He's a good shooter with an effortless looking shot with range well beyond the NBA three point line. He's a good but not great rebounder. He has a great feel for the game. Always in the right place making the right pass. He's a solid defender and a good passer. He has good handles, and he's a good finisher who can finish with either hand. He's not flashy, just consistent!

14. Trailblazers: Yves Missi: Center, 6'11", 229 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Baylor
22.9 mpg - 10.7 ppg - 61.4% fgp - 00.0% 3pp - 61.6% ftp - 5.6 rpg - 0.4 apg - 0.6 stl's - 1.5 blk's - 0.0 3pa

Missi is very raw, but still impacts the floor with his athleticism and energy. He's like a coiled spring. With great hops and end to end speed. He's not your stretch five, but he can protect the basket and he's shown the ability to defend in space. Like a lot of young players, he needs to get stronger and work to improve all aspects of his game. He's much closer to helping defensively than offensively. He has little to no game away from the basket. His post game is a work in progress. He needs to work on his footwork. He's an explosive leaper with springs for legs! In short, he's a young player with a lot of ability that's ready to be developed.

15. Heat: Devin Carter: PG/SG, 6'3", 193 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan, Junior, Providence
35.3 mpg - 19.7 ppg - 47.3% fgp - 37.7% 3pp - 74.9% ftp - 8.7 rpg - 3.6 apg - 1.8 stl's - 1.0 blk's - 6.8 3pa

Devin is the son of NBA player Anthony Carter. He's probably my favorite player in this draft. If you watched just one game by Providence and didn't know any of the players, it wouldn't take you long to be asking, who the hell is this player? He playes much bigger than his 6'3" in shoes. He doesn't have the dog in him, he is the dog!!! He averaged one block a game as a guard and pulled down a ridiculous 8.7 boards. He's also one of the best defenders pound for pound in College. He's a very good offensive player who hit countless clutch shots at the end of games. He can change the momentum of a game on both ends of the floor.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bajaden's Real Mock Draft: Part Two

16. 76'ers: Jared McCain: SG/PG, 6'3", 203 Lb's, 6'3.5" Wingspan, Freshman, Duke
31.6 mpg - 14.3 ppg - 46.2% fgp - 41.4% 3pp - 88.5% ftp - 4.2 rpg - 1.9 apg - 1.1 stl's - 5.8 3pa

I guess you could argue that the 76'ers don't need another 6'3" guard, but in fact, with only two players signed for next season, they need a bit of everything, and at this point, McCain is probably one of the best players available. He's one of the best shooters in the draft who can play on or off the ball equally. He's a smart player who knows how to move without the ball. He's not a true PG, but is capable of handling the ball and some creating for others as well as himself. Smart player who always seems to make the right decision. He's not a great athlete, but has good instincts on defense where I think he's more than capable of holding his own. He's a very good shooter, and a high IQ player who can really light it up at times. I think he has a higher upside than most do.

17. Pelicans: Ja'Kobe Walter: SG, 6'5", 198 Lb's, 6'10" Wingspan, Freshman, Baylor
32.3 mpg - 15.9 ppg - 37.6% fgp - 34.1% 3pp - 79.2% ftp - 4.4 rpg - 1.4 apg - 1.1 stl's - 0.2 blk's - 6.3 3pa

In simple terms, there's two ways to look at a player when evaluating him. Potential and results. I'm more of a results guy who does consider potential. As a result, I'm not as high on Walter as some others. Yes, he did score around 16 pt's a game, but wasn't very efficient doing it. On the other hand, he's young, and he wasn't terrible either. He showed the ability to be a solid defensive player, and he has good size for the guard position. I'd like to see him put the ball on the floor and attack the basket a little more. He needs that 3 pt percentage to get up around 38%.

18. Tyler Smith: PF, 6'10", 223 Lb's, 7'1" Wingspan, 19 Years old, G-League Ignite
22.5 mpg - 14.3 ppg - 47.8% fgp - 35.2% 3pp - 74.2% ftp - 5.2 rpg - 1.7 apg - 1.0 stl's - 0.8 blk's - 3.4 3pa

In several of the games I watched Smith was the best player on the G-League Ignite team. He's a good shooter although his average took a bit of a dip, it still ended up being respectable. He's a very good athlete who shows the potential to be an above average defender. He runs the floor well and gets some easy baskets in transition. He has great size and length for the position and looks the part of a stretch four. He needs to get stronger and tighten up his handles a bit. He's showed good lateral quickness on the perimeter sliding his feet, but sometimes got lost on the defensive side. That said, there's a lot to work with. He has a high ceiling and a fairly high floor. A good combination! I like Smith a lot.

19. Raptors: Tyler Kolek: PG, 6'3", 196 Lb's, 6'3" Wingspan, Senior, Marquette
33.0 mpg - 15.3 ppg - 49.6% fgp - 38.8% 3pp - 85.1% ftp - 4.9 rpg - 7.7 apg - 1.6 stl's - 3.9 3pa

Kolek is another of my favorite players in this draft, and may be the best all around PG in this draft. I thought he defended well at the college level, but his defense is probably his biggest question mark. His basketball IQ and court vision are off the charts. He is the essence of what a floor general should look like, directing his teammates where to pass or where to be on the floor. He's constantly directing traffic. He's a very good offensive player who shot around 40% from three for most of the year. He's not afraid to attack the basket, and once in the lane, you have no idea what he's going to do! To some players, that's no man's land. To Kolek, that's setting the table.

20. Cav's: Jaylon Tyson: SF, 6'7", 218 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan, Junior, California
34.3 mpg - 19.6 ppg - 46.5% fgp - 36.0% 3pp - 79.6% ftp - 6.8 rpg - 3.5 apg - 1.2 stl's -0.5 blk's - 4.5 3pa

Tyson has flown under the radar to some degree! Probably because Cal wasn't a very good team. But if you watched Cal play, whatever the reason, you would have noticed Tyson. He was the best player on the team. After transfering from Texas Tech to Cal, his shots almost doubled from 8 to 15. And while his 3 pt percentages went down a little, almost everything else went up. He had shot over 40% from three the year before. He's a solid defender and a good athlete. He doesn't have the length that teams are looking for defensively, but he has good instincts and good lateral quickness, plus the effort. He doesn't quit on plays. I think he has the ability to be a solid rotational player and perhaps eventually, a starter.

21. Pelicans: Kyle Filipowski: C/PF, 7'0", 230 Lb's, 6'10.5" Wingspan, 20 years old, Duke
30.4 mpg - 16.4 ppg - 50.5% fgp - 34.8% 3pp - 67.1% ftp - 8.3 rpg - 2.8 apg - 1.1 stl's - 1.5 blk's - 3.1 3pa

I like Filipowski even if he is the designated T-Rex of the draft. He shot almost 35% from three this year which was a big improvement from his freshman year. He also shows signs of a midrange game. He's not a bad post player with good footwork along with some baseline spin moves. All he needs is a little polishing. He has the foundation already laid. The question is, is he big and long enough to guard centers, or is he quick enough to guard PF's. He a good passer and you could run the ball through him in the high post.

22. Suns: Isaiah Collier: PG, 6'4", 205 Lb's, 6'4.75" Wingspan, Freshman, USC
30.0 mpg - 16.3 ppg - 49.0% fgp - 33.8% 3pp - 67.3% ftp - 2.9 rpg - 4.3 apg - 1.5 stl's - 3.0 3pa

Collier had an up and down season. He had a very rough beginning for a player that was considered a top five pick in this draft. Nothing went right and he started his fall from grace. Suffering a broken hand didn't help. But in the last third of the season he started to look like the player he was supposed to be and that seemed to stop his slide. He's a very good passer with good court vision and excell's at running the pick and roll. His 3pt shot needs some work as does his freethrow shooting. He's a crafty player who can self create or create for others. He loves to attack the basket and is a good finisher where his size and strength help. So to me, the jury is still out. He's a good athlete, and has the skill set to be a solid PG in the NBA.

23. Buck's: Johnny Furphy: SF, 6'9", 202 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan, Freshman, Kansas
24.1 mpg - 9.0 ppg - 46.6% fgp - 35.2% 3pp - 76.5% ftp - 4.9 rpg - 1.0 apg - 0.9 stl's - 0.3 blk's - 3.8 3pa

Furphy sort of came out of nowwhere to work his way into the first round. I'm high on Furphy who has a picture perfect jumpshot. He shot a respectable 35% from three and a very good 46% overall. He's pretty much a perimeter scorer right now, but has handles good enough to play the guard position. He runs the court well and has shown some passing skills in the open court. Defensively you can see glimpses of potential. He's a good athlete with good quickness. I like his long term potential and the Bucks need some talented youth on the team.

24. Knicks: Dillon Jones: SF, 6'6", 236 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Senior, Weber St.
37.0 mpg - 20.8 ppg - 48.9% fgp - 32.4% 3pp - 85.7% ftp - 9.8 rpg - 5.2 apg - 2.0 stl's - 3.4 3pa

Jones is another of my favorites. He's a much better shooter than that 32% from three would indicate. Especially on catch and shoots. He shot close to 40% for a good part of the season until defenses caught up with him. Jones is a big bruising player that doesn't mind contact around the basket, that can be attested by his almost 10 boards a game. He's a good finisher at the basket, but isn't a high flyer. He seldom dunks the ball. Jones is a good passer with good court vision. He has good handles, but tends to get a bit loose at times. I would like to see fewer turnovers. Some worry about his ability to defend, but I think he has good defensive instincts and is capable of guarding two through five, thanks to his huge wingspan.

25. Knicks: Da'Ron Holmes: PF/C, 6'10", 236 Lb's, 7'1" Wingspan, Junior, Dayton
32.5 mpg - 20.4 ppg - 54.4% fgp - 38.6% 3pp - 71.3% ftp - 8.5 rpg - 2.6 apg - 0.9 stl's - 2.1 blk's - 2.5 3pa

I've gone back and forth with Holmes all year. Holmes is an ugly player, and I'm not talking about his face. He always appears a bit stiff. He's not a fluid athlete. He always looks a little mechanical to me. However, as I said, I'm a results guy, and Holmes gets results. He's turned himself into a good basketball player who can do a little bit of everything. While he mostly scores around the basket, and loves to dunk the ball, he does have a nice midrange shot, and a three pt shot that you have to respect. 38.6% is nothing to sneeze at!. He's a solid rebounder and a very good rim protector. He's also a surprisingly good perimeter defender.

26. Wizards: Kel'el Ware: Center, 7'1", 230 Lb's, 7'4.5" Wingspan, Soph, Indiana
32.2 mpg - 15.9 ppg - 58.6% fgp - 42.5% 3pp - 63.4% ftp - 9.9 rpg - 1.5 apg - 0.6 stl's - 1.9 blk's - 1.3 3pa

First let me say that Ware made a huge jump this season over last years season. But Ware still has a way to go in my opinion. Offensively, he does shoot the three, but he only took 1.3 a game. So make of that what you will. He has a midrange jumper, but most of his scoring comes at the basket on alley oops, putbacks and some posting up. He's not a bad post up player, but sometimes lets a much smaller player force him into a bad shot. Like others, he needs to get stronger. My major concern is his lack of hustle at times. He's always the last one down the floor. That worries me!

27. Timberwolves: Kyshawn George: SF, 6'8", 208 Lb's, 6'10.25" Wingspan, Freshman, Miami
23.0 mpg - 7.6 ppg - 42.6% fgp - 40.8% 3pp - 77.8% ftp - 3.0 rpg - 2.2 apg - 0.9 stl's - 4.2 3pa

George was a surprise for me this year. While he has the height of a SF, and the handles of a guard. He can get anywhere he wants on the floor. He's a very good passer with great court vision and a very good 3 pt shooter. He's just an average athlete. No explosive first step. But it doesn't seem to matter.Despite not being a great athlete, he seems quite capable of keeping his man in front of him and that includes guards. He has excellent instincts on defense. He had a very good first year at Miami and it's possible he pulls his name out of the draft, but I doubt it. He's a riser and could go as high as17 or 18.

28. Nuggets: Kevin McCullar: SF, 6'6.5", 209 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Senior, Kansas
34.2 mpg - 18.3 ppg - 45.4% fgp - 33.3% 3pp - 80.5% ftp - 6.0 rpg - 4.1 apg - 1.5 stl's - 0.4 blk's - 4.5 3pa

McCullar is a Nugget kind of player. He's one of the better defenders in college, and this season he showed off a new and improved 3 pt shot. While he did fade later in the season ending up at 33%, his corner catch and shoots are closer to 40%. I doubt you'll ever see him an a dribble hand off, but if he can hit the open catch and shoot then he's a valuable asset because of his defense. He has good enough handles to play some SG and he can guard one through four.

29. Jazz: Baylor Scheierman: SF, 6'7.5", 205 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan, Senior, Creighton
36.8 mpg - 18.5 ppg - 44.8% fgp - 38.1% 3pp - 87.6% ftp - 9.0 rpg - 3.9 apg - 0.9 stl's - 6.9 3pa

Baylor is another of my favorites. I think he's an underrated player. He has crazy eye's and a lot of dog in him. He's a better defender than he's given credit for. He's a terrific rebounder and one of the better shooters in the draft. He's not just a catch and shoot player. He can come of DHO's and screens. I think the Jazz are getting a steal in Scheierman. He's a fierce competitor who plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's an extremely confident player with good basketball IQ. He's not a great athlete, but he makes up for it with hustle and smarts.

30. Celtics: Zach Edey: Center, 7'5", 299 Lb's, 7'10.75" Wingspan, 9'7" Standing Reach, Senior, Purdue
32.0 mpg - 25.2 ppg - 62.3% fgp - 50.0% 3pp - 71.1% ftp - 12.2 rpg - 2.0 apg - 0.3 stl's - 2.2 blk's - 0.1 3pa

Once again, I'm biased. I'm not as high on Edey as others are. Thus he gets the 30th pick. I give him credit for transforming his body over the last few years remind me of Marc Gasol. I've always lookded at Edey as a backup center. He can't defend away from the basket, and at some point he'll have to in the NBA. He'll also have to adjust to the defensive 3 second rule which they don't have in college. I hope I'm wrong about him. I wish him no ill will.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Round 2 of the 2024 NBA Draft:

Sorry for the delay but I've been dealing with some off court issues that have taken up most of my time. But without further ado, here is what I've been agonizing over. No long descriptions but just the basics, except for the Kings pick. I did my best to be honest with the choices and not try and minipulate the choice I wanted to the Kings. I also tried to pick who I thought was the best choice available regardless of need.

31. Raptors: Carlton (Bud) Carrington: PG, 6'5.5", 195 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan, Pittsburg
33.2 mpg - 13.8 ppg - 41.2% fgp - 32.2% 3pp - 78.5% ftp - 5.2 rpg - 4.1 apg - 0.6 stl's - 6.1 3pa

32. Jazz: Pacome Dadiet: SF, 6'9", 216 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Ratiopharm
14.9 mpg - 6.4 ppg - 45.2% fgp - 31.1% 3pp - 72.0% ftp - 1.6 rpg - 0.3 apg - 0.6 stl's - 2.5 3pa

33. Bucks: Bobi Klintman: PF, 6'10", 212 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Wake Forest
20.5 mpg - 5.3 ppg - 40.7% fgp - 36.8% 3pp - 74.3% ftp - 4.5 rpg - 0.8 apg - 0.5 stl's - 0.6 blk's - 2.3 3pa

34. Trailblazers: Nikola Durisic: SF, 6'8.5", 205 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan, International
30.7 mpg - 14.4 ppg - 45.4% fgp - 33.0% 3pp - 73.9% ftp - 2.8 rpg - 3.4 apg - 1.0 stl's - 3.7 3pa (Shot over 40% from 3 last half of the season)

35. Spurs: Trentyn Flowers: SF, 6'8", 201 Lb's, 6'8.25", 42" Max Vert, Wingspan, NBL
12.7 mpg - 5.2 ppg - 45.8% fgp - 42.1% 3pp - 61.3% ftp - 2.9 rpg - 0.4 apg - 0.3 stl's - 1.1 3pa

36. Pacers: Ryan Dunn: SF, 6'7.5", 213 Lb's, 7'1.5" Wingspan, Virginia
27.5 mpg - 8.1 ppg - 54.8% fgp - 20.0% 3pp - 53.2% ftp - 6.9 rpg - 0.8 apg - 1.3 stl's - 2.3 blk's - 2.2 3pa

37. T- Wolves: A. J. Johnson: SG, 6'5.5", 167 Lb's, 6'8.5" Wingspan, NBL
7.9 mpg - 2.8 ppg - 35.5% fgp - 28.6% 3pp - 53.8% ftp - 1.3 rpg - 0.7 apg - 1.2 3pa

38. Knicks: Ulrich Chomche: C/PF, 6'11.75", 232 Lb's, 7'4" Wingspan, NBA Africa League
30.1 mpg - 13.0 ppg - 42.4% fgp - 38.1% 3pp - 75.0% ftp - 9.0 rpg - 3.3 apg - 1.3 stl's - 2.7 blk's - 7.0 3pa

39. Grizzlys: P. J. Hall: C/PF, 6'9.75", 239 Lb's, 7'1.5" Wingspan, Clemson
28.9 mpg - 18.3 ppg - 48.8% fgp - 31.5% 3pp - 77.9% ftp - 6.4 rpg - 1.4 apg - 0.8 stl's - 1.4 blk's - 4.6 3pa

40. Trailblazers: Ajay Mitchell: PG, 6'4.75", 197 Lb's, 6'6.25" Wingspan, U.C. Santa Barbara
31.5 mpg - 20.0 ppg - 50.4% fgp - 39.3% 3pp - 85.8% ftp - 4.0 rpg - 4.0 apg - 1.2 stl's

41. 76'ers: Jonathan Mogbo: SF/PF, 6'7", 217 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, San Francisco
28.9 mpg - 14.2 ppg - 63.6% fgp - 00.0% 3pp - 69.2% ftp - 10.1 rpg - 3.6 apg - 1.6 stl's -0.8 blk's

42. Hornets: K.J. Simpson: PG, 6'2", 187 Lb's, 6'4.5" Wingspan, Colorado
35.1 mpg - 19.7 ppg - 47.5% fgp - 43.4% 3pp - 87.6% ftp - 5.8 rpg - 4.9 apg - 1.6 stl's - 4.9 3pa

43. Heat: Justin Edwards: SF, 6'7.5", 209 Lb's - 6'10" Wingspan, Kentucky
21.4 mpg - 8.8 ppg - 48.6% fgp - 36.5% 3pp - 77.6% ftp - 3.4 rpg - 0.9 apg - 0.9 stl's - 2.7 3pa

44. Rockets: Adem Bona: Center, 6'9.75", 243 Lb's, 7'3.75" Wingspan, UCLA
26.5 mpg - 12.4 ppg - 58.8% fgp - 00.0% 3pp - 5.9 rpg - 1.2 apg - 1.1 stl's - 1.8 blk's

45. Kings: Enrique Freeman: SF/PF, 6'8.75", 206 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Akron
32.5 mpg - 18.6 ppg - 58.4% fgp - 37.0% 3pp - 72.8% ftp - 12.9 rpg - 1.6 apg - 0.8 stl's - 1.7 blk's - 1.5 3pa
I had three players that I liked here but settled on Freeman because he filled a lot of needs. He's a terrific offensive rebounder and a very good defender. He has a non stop motor. Sometimes you think there's two of him on court. His 3 pt shot improved this past season as did his freethrow percentage. He's a terrific athlete!

46. Clippers: Jalen Bridges: SF, 6'8", 213 Lb's, 6'10" Wingspan, Baylor
31.7 mpg - 12.2 ppg - 46.6% fgp - 41.2% 3pp - 82.3% ftp - 5.7 rpg - 1.4 apg - 1.1 stl's -0.6 blk's - 5.1 3pa

47. Magic: Juan Nunez: PG, 6'5.5", 205 Lb's, 6'6.5" Wingspan, Ratiopharm
23.1 mpg - 9.9 ppg - 47.0% fgp - 31.9% 3pp - 60.7% ftp - 3.4 rpg - 4.9 apg - 1.7 stl's - 2.6 3pa

48. Spurs: Cam Christie: SG, 6'6", 190 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan. Minnesota
30.1 mpg - 11.3 ppg - 40.3% fgp - 39.1% 3pp - 79.1% ftp - 4.3 rpg - 2.2 apg - 0.6 stl's - 5.4 3pa

49. Pacers: Antonio Reeves: SG, 6'6", 186 Lb's, 6'8.25" Wingspan, Kentucky
31.4 mpg - 20.2 ppg - 51.2% fgp - 44.7% 3pp - 86.3% ftp - 4.2 rpg - 1.6 apg - 0.7 stl's - 5.7 3pa

50. Pacers: Cam Spencer: SG, 6'4.5", 202 Lb's, 6'5" Wingspan, UConn
33.0 mpg - 14.3 ppg - 48.4% fgp - 44.0% 3pp - 91.1% ftp - 4.9 rpg - 3.6 apg - 1.5 stl's - 5.6 3pa

51. Wizards: Trey Alexander: SG, 6'4.75", 187 Lb's, 6'10.5" Wingspan, Creighton
37.3 mpg - 17.6 ppg - 44.6% fgp - 33.9% 3pp - 82.4% ftp - 5.7 rpg - 4.7 apg - 1.1 stl's - 5.2 3pa

52. Warriors: Harrison Ingram: SF, 6'7", 233 Lb's, 7'025" Wingspan, North Carolina
32.8 mpg - 12.2 ppg - 43.0% fgp - 38.5% 3pp - 61.2% ftp - 8.8 rpg - 2.2 apg - 1.4 stl's - 4.6 3pa

53. Pistons: Oso Ighodaro: C/PF, 6'11", 222 Lb's, 6'11" Wingspan, Marquette
32.5 mpg - 13.4 ppg - 57.6% fgp -00.0% 3pp - 62.3% ftp - 6.9 rpg - 2.9 apg - 1.1 stl's - 1.3 blk's

54. Celtics: Izan Almansa: C/PF, 6'10.75", 230 Lb's, 7'1" Wingspan, G-League Ignite
26.8 mpg - 8.2 ppg - 52.4% fgp - 22.2% 3pp - 37.9% ftp - 6.9 rpg - 1.9 apg - 0.9 stl's - 1.3 blk's - 0.6 3pa

55. Lakers: Bronny James: SG/PG/?, 6'3", 210 Lb's, 6'7.25" Wingspan, USC
19.3 mpg - 4.8 ppg - 36.6% fgp - 26.7% 3pp - 67.6% ftp - 2.8 rpg - 2.1 apg - 0.8 stl's - 2.4 3pa

56. Nuggets: Keshad Johnson: PF/SF, 6'7.75", 224 Lb's, 6'10.25" Wingspan, Arizona
27.6 mpg - 11.5 ppg - 53.0% fgp - 38.7% 3pp - 71.0% ftp - 5.9 rpg - 1.8 apg - 1.0 stl's - 2.6 3pa

57. Grizzly's: Tristen Newton: PG, 6'4.75", 191 Lb's, 6'6.75" Wingspan, UConn
33.2 mpg - 15.1 ppg - 41.5% fgp - 32.1% 3pp - 80.8% ftp - 6.6 rpg - 6.2 apg - 0.9 stl's - 5.5 3pa

58. Mav's: Jaylin Williams: PF, 6'8", 230 Lb's, 7'0" Wingspan (reported), Auburn
24.1 mpg - 12.4 ppg - 57.4% fgp - 39.5% 3pp - 83.2% ftp - 4.4 rpg - 1.9 apg - 0.7 stl's - 0.7 blk's - 2.5 3pa

59. Forfeited

60. Forfeited

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of good stuff here. I'd personally take Carter over Da Silva for the Kings, but I can see the reasoning. But I think Da Silva is just a bit one dimensional. If HB is still on the roster next season I don't see where he gets minutes as I think Lyles will be significantly better in the near term, and possibly the long term. And as much as Carter seems like a Heat player through and through, I don't think he makes it that far. If anything I suspect he might be off the board before Sacramento's pick.

Risacher is an interesting one. As you said, I think he tops out as a very good 3rd option as I think his top end comp/ceiling is being a Michael Porter Jr type, possibly with better defense. That's useful for the Hawks as constructed as I think he makes a nice pairing with Jalen Johnson in the frontcourt and spaces the floor for Trae Young and DeJounte Murray. But if the Hawks blow things up it becomes more complicated. I don't think Risacher is a cornerstone on a rebuilding team. He's better suited to be a complimentary player on a good team.

You've got some of my ideal fits here too. Sheppard is pretty well matched for Houston both now and in the future when FVV's contract is up. Castle seems like a perfect match in Charlotte. And while I hate to see them improve, Clingan to Memphis just makes all the sense in the world.

I like Kolek a lot too, but he doesn't seem like a Raptors/Ujiri pick at all to me. Collier falling to #22 would likely be a steal, even with the questions I have about his shooting and defense. And since I seriously doubt that Phoenix makes that pick, it seems like a good opportunity for another team to grab a promising PG in this uncertain draft.

Likewise, I don't think the Knicks will keep both picks. But if they do, and depending on how they feel about their chances to re-sign Hartenstein as well as Robinson's long term health, I think the center that Thibs and Brunson would love is Edey. Imagine the screens he'd set in that offense.

I agree on Scheierman. He just knows how to play the game and seems like a guy that will play for a decade in the NBA by just finding ways to contribute.

Also, I think the Pelicans will choose to convey that pick to the Lakers this year and opt for their pick next year in a stronger draft. If so, I think they'll look for shooting. You have McCain going a pick before, but that's who I've had connected at that pick recently.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I'd easily take Carter over Da Silva. Wouldn't mind Da Silva as a pick but from what I've read unless GM's feel very differently you might be able to trade down to get him. If Monte could do so that would a decent draft like last where you get the same player at a lower cost.

Thanks Baja, I always look forward to your mock drafts, and enjoy the extra thought put into it for team needs.

I haven’t actually looked into Da Silva as a Kings prospect, not at 13 anyway. If we stay put at 13 hoping one of Carter and Cody Williams is available though that’s looking less likely post combine.

After Vlade and all his failed trading down shenanigans i’m generally not an advocate of trading out of position. I’d consider it however in this years draft seeing we’re just out of range for a couple players I like or could possibly get an equally attractive player later in the first round.

Last edited:
I agree on the way the draft will fall. I do think getting DaSilva at 13 is too high but Carter for us makes little sense in a crowded back court. I think Carter is a great fit for New Orleans and he won’t make it to 17. I think New Orleans keeps the 17 pick and trades us 17 and 21 for 13 to grab Carter before Miami and we take a couple wings

Thanks Baja, I always look forward to your mock drafts, and enjoy the extra thought put into it for team needs.

I haven’t actually looked into Da Silva as a Kings prospect, not at 13 anyway. If we stay put at 13 hoping one of Carter and Cody Williams is available though that’s looking less likely post combine.

After Vlade and all his failed trading down shenanigans i’m generally not an advocate of trading out of position. I’d consider it however in this years draft seeing we’re just out of range for a couple players I like or could possibly get an equally attractive player later in the first round.
Vlade’s trade downs were absolutely the correct move in each draft. He just F’d up picks a blind monkey could have made randomly

Always love your stuff @bajaden.

Reports indicated the Kings met with or scheduled interviews with players widely believed to be in the top 10 suggesting they may be considering trading up. Anyone you would target if they did? I assume Cody Williams given how high you have him on your board.
Do the Kings have the tools to move up though? This looks like a classic see who falls and take BPA for Monte. Or even moreso, see who falls and if someone does, then move on a trade for a win now piece. It would be nice to see the Kings move up and snag someone like Knecht but that Hawks pick situation probably hampers the heck out of that.

I think at some point that Houston will decide between Sengun and Green. I don't think they are really complimentary players.
Yeah, I think Reed's shooting would play absolutely perfectly off of Sengun's playmaking. If he's your offensive hub, you want the complimentary guys who can dominante off-ball like Shepard can.

Green shows you flashes here and there, but he has yet to really pop like an Ant/Book, etc to prove he's worthy of being an offensive focal point.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Do the Kings have the tools to move up though? This looks like a classic see who falls and take BPA for Monte. Or even moreso, see who falls and if someone does, then move on a trade for a win now piece. It would be nice to see the Kings move up and snag someone like Knecht but that Hawks pick situation probably hampers the heck out of that.
If the draft is "weak" it shouldn't cost that much to move up roleplayer and the pick swap. I don't think we'd be looking to shoot into the top 4, but maybe top 10? Then again we talked to Sarr and Clingan who had been mocked top 5 (and Sarr usually first overall).

I remember hearing somewhere that GMs like to take the opportunity to interview as many players as they can at the combine in order to get a feel for the player not just for the draft but also in case they get an opportunity to trade for or sign the player in free agency down the road. It’s possible they are looking to move up, but I wouldn’t read too much into it necessarily.

If the draft is "weak" it shouldn't cost that much to move up roleplayer and the pick swap. I don't think we'd be looking to shoot into the top 4, but maybe top 10? Then again we talked to Sarr and Clingan who had been mocked top 5 (and Sarr usually first overall).
Haha, maybe Monte's trying to move up to 1 and squash the Hawks holdover all at once.

I remember hearing somewhere that GMs like to take the opportunity to interview as many players as they can at the combine in order to get a feel for the player not just for the draft but also in case they get an opportunity to trade for or sign the player in free agency down the road. It’s possible they are looking to move up, but I wouldn’t read too much into it necessarily.
Good point and also these were combine interviews which really don't mean a whole lot anyway. Who the Kings workout will be the big thing. Haven't heard a peep about any of that again this year so far other than late 2nd rounders like Hawkins, who I do think would be a great 2nd round pick BTW.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not the biggest Risacher fan, but if he starts to drop in the draft, he's a guy that could be worth moving up for, at least for the Kings. I don't think he has all-star potential, but he's a nice fit as a fourth option and Harrison Barnes replacement.

Vlade’s trade downs were absolutely the correct move in each draft. He just F’d up picks a blind monkey could have made randomly
Yeah, your right about the 2016 draft but in 2017 Donavan Mitchel, Monk, Bam and Zach Collins all went between 10 and 14.
We needed to stay put at 10 for any of them, but hey we got JJ and Harry at 15 and 20.

side note, i’ve been watching more clips of Da Silva. Baja’s description of him seems pretty spot on. I’d still hope Carter is a possibility to pick but I get his choice.

Yeah, your right about the 2016 draft but in 2017 Donavan Mitchel, Monk, Bam and Zach Collins all went between 10 and 14.
We needed to stay put at 10 for any of them, but hey we got JJ and Harry at 15 and 20.

side note, i’ve been watching more clips of Da Silva. Baja’s description of him seems pretty spot on. I’d still hope Carter is a possibility to pick but I get his choice.
yeah well in 2017: Derrick White, OG Anunoby, John Collins, Kyle Kuzma, Jarrett Allen, Josh Hart, Isaiah Hartenstein, Dillon Brooks were all on the board at 15.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone of note withdraw?
I'd say Hunter Sallis (who some had mocked in the first round), Alex Karaban, Coleman Hawkins, and Mark Sears.

Johhny Furphy and Cam Christie are two guys that are staying in that I thought might return to college.

Keep in mind that the international guys still have until a couple weeks before the draft to pull out if they choose.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'd say Hunter Sallis (who some had mocked in the first round), Alex Karaban, Coleman Hawkins, and Mark Sears.
That's pretty much the list. Could add Caleb Love, but I don't think he was getting a lot of looks. Also Payton Sandfort who was getting mocked in the second but didn't really jump out for me.

Karaban is the one who hits hardest for me, as he could potentially have been in play at #45 and seems like a pretty decent fit for us.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don't think moving up in this draft is going to be that difficult. Truthfully, it's possible that player number 12 or 13 will be better than player 1 or 2, and you'd be paying them less on their rookie contract. You can take a swing at the fences at 13 or 14 and no one would be critical in this draft, but you'd be more limited with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

I'd feel far more comfortable drafting Dalton Knecht at 6 or 7 than I would Sarr at nimber one. And I'd be paying him less.....

bajaden

Hall of Famer
That's pretty much the list. Could add Caleb Love, but I don't think he was getting a lot of looks. Also Payton Sandfort who was getting mocked in the second but didn't really jump out for me.

Karaban is the one who hits hardest for me, as he could potentially have been in play at #45 and seems like a pretty decent fit for us.
The reason I held off posting the 2nd round was because I wanted to wait and see who was going to withdraw their names from the draft. Glad I did, because I had the Kings taking Karaban with the 45th pick. Good chance he wouldn't have been there anyway. I'm still on board with the Kings taking Chomche at that spot, but I don't think he'll be there. He's brought attention to himself after playing well in the combine games, and the drills. I'm sure he'll do well in his workouts.

I was surprised that Hunter Sallis withdrew. I thought he had a chance to get into the botom of the 1st round and at worse, the top of the 2nd. I had him at 33 on my big board. Payton Sandfort also surprised me. He's definitely 1st round talent in this draft. I bounced him around between 27 and 33.

So back to the drawing board for me. Just between you and me! I'm leaning hard toward Cam Spencer from UConn. Don't tell anyone!!!

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The reason I held off posting the 2nd round was because I wanted to wait and see who was going to withdraw their names from the draft.
The funny thing is that I'll probably have more to say about the second round in this draft than the first round. The first round has a wide tier of players at #13 where there are so many options it will be hard for me to complain about what we do (if we keep it) until the benefit of hindsight. In the second round, on the other hand, most of the mocks have one or another of a small set of "decent" prospects available, along side a bunch of guys I just don't care for. Having seen Monte's second round action so far (Colby notwithstanding) I'll probably be disappointed, but so it goes.

1. Hawks: Zaccharie Risacher: SF, 6'8", 204 Lb's, 6'10.75" Wingspan, 19 yr's old, France
22.0 mpg - 10.1 ppg - 43.9% fgp - 35.2% 3pp - 74.0% ftp - 3.8 rpg - 0.9 apg - 0.9 stl's, 3.4 3pa

Risacher is a good athlete and fits the mold of the modern NBA wing. He needs to get stronger and tighten up his handles a bit, but I'm fairly confident he'll be a solid NBA player, maybe more.He pulls down almost 4 boards a game which isn't bad for 22 minutes. He'd win in a rebounding contest with Barnes. He's a good shooter, if a bit inconsistent at times, but can score from anywhere on the floor. I think in time, with some hard work, he can be a legit number 3 and perhaps, a number 2 scorer on a good team. He was surprisingly better on defense than I expected. Don't get me wrong, he's not a lock down defender, but I don't think he'll be a liability either once he gets some experience with the defensive scheme's of the NBA.

2. Wizards: Alexandre Sarr: Center, 7'1", 224 Lb's, 7'4.25" Wingspan, 18 yr's old, NBL
17.2 mpg - 9.7 ppg - 52.0% fgp - 29.8% 3pp - 60.5% ftp - 4.4 rpg - 0.9 apg - 0.5 stl's - 1.3 blk's - 2.0 3pa

From a physical point of view, there's not a lot of difference between Sarr and Kel'el Ware. Both with similar height, weight, and wingspan. Both very good athletes, and both looked at as potential floor spacing 5's. The difference is one of them has a lot of dog in him and the other doesn't. So the effort is there with Sarr, whose biggest contribution will be defensively. He has a way to go to be a floor spacer. Maybe in time! Offensively, most of his scoring will be around the basket, although he does have a midrange jumpshot. He also has surprisingly good handles for a player that young and that size! He's a good on ball defender. Ironically, I think he's a better on ball defender on the perimiter than in the post, when defending a post up. In time, I think he can be a solid, if not great defensive player. He's already a good P&R defender.

3. Rockets: Reed Sheppard: PG/SG, 6'3", 187 Lb's, 6'3.25" Wingspan, 7'10" Standing Reach, Freshman, Kentucky
28.9 mpg - 12.5 ppg - 53.6% fgp - 52.1% 3pp - 83.1% ftp - 4.1 rpg - 4.5 apg - 2.5 stl's - 0.7 blk's - 4.4 3pa

Sheppard could be the best player out of this draft 3 years from now. He's the best shooter in this draft and his shot appears effortless. He showed the ability to take over a game like he did against Tennessee, hitting three after three. A game in which he out dueled Dalton Knecht. Sheppard is a good defender who unbelievely blocked multiple shots on the perimeter, thanks to his 42 inch vertical. He reads passing lanes averaging 2.5 steals a game. I think Sheppard is one of the safest picks in this draft. His feel for the game is outstanding. He's a terrific passer, and has good handles. And yes, for those doubters, he can play above the rim. He'd be a great addition to the Rockets. Would look good in a Kings uni as well!

4. Spurs: Cody Williams: SF, 6'8", 178 Lb's, 7'1" Wingspan, Freshman, Colorado
28.4 mpg - 11.9 ppg - 55.2% fgp - 41.5% 3pp - 71.4% ftp - 3.0 rpg - 1.6 apg - 0.6 stl's - 0.7 blk's - 1.7 3pa

I like Williams a lot. He's one of those players that if I were to guess, could be a star in the future. He had a disapointing season. Williams was recovering from an injury for most of the 2nd half of the season and simpy wasn't the same player that started the season.He's a very good shooter and is a 3 level scorer. He's an above average athlete and a good defender who has the quickness and length to guard one through four. His brother is already a borderline star in the NBA, so I'm willing to bet on the genetics here. I think when totally healthy, he'll put up better rebounding numbers. He has to get stronger and tighten up his handle, but I think he has a fairly high floor, and a very high ceiling. The spurs need some offense, and Williams should be able to supply it.

5. Pistons: Dalton Knecht: SF/SG, 6'6.5", 212 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Senior, Tennessee
29.5 mpg - 20.0 ppg - 47.6% fgp - 40.0% 3pp - 75.5% ftp - 4.9 rpg - 2.0 apg - 0.7 stl's - 0.8 blk's - 5.4 3pa

I think Dalton is one of the top players in this draft. He's definitely one of the best offensive players. He's grear coming off screens and DHO's. He has a solid midrange game that includes floaters and pullup jumpers. He never stops moving. If your guarding him off the ball, don't turn your head. He's a good finisher and has very good handles. He has a great motor and a lot of dog in him. He's a physical player who doesn't avoid contact when attacking the basket. He has good court vision, and although his assist numbers don't leap off the page, in truth, he had no one to pass the ball to that could make a shot. He's a surprisingly good athlete who turned in a 39 inch vertical at the combine and did extremely well in the agility drills. The only question mark with Dalton is whether he can be a good defender in the NBA. He wasn't a liability in college, so we'll see.

6.Hornets: Stephen Castle: SF/SG, 6'6.5", 210 Lb's, 6'9" Wingspan, Freshman, UConn
27 mpg - 11.1 ppg - 47.2% fgp - 26.7% 3pp - 75.5% ftp - 4.7 rpg - 2.9 apg - 0.8 stl's - 0.5 blk's - 2.2 3pa

I'm not as high on Castle as most are. Castle shot a pitiful 26% from three this past season. His one redeeming factor is that he's a decent freethrow shooter, and his shot doesn't look broken. But, it didn't go in. I'm not one of those people that believes that everyone can learn to shoot the ball. In Castles case, he does everything else so well that he'll find a way to score 10 to 12 points a game.Castle is a very good defender who can probably guard one through four. He's solidly built and a good athlete. He's a good passer and rebounds the ball well. He got overshadowed a bit at UConn and wasn't really needed to do a lot offensively. So he did all the dirty work that helps you win. everyone needs a player like that.

7. Trailblazers: Tidjane Salaun: PF, 6'9", 205 Lb's, 7'1" Wingspan, Age NA, Cholet
21.7 mpg - 9.4 ppg - 41.7% fgp - 33.3% 3pp - 79.4% ftp - 3.5 rpg - 0.7 apg - 1.1 stl's -

Salaum is one of the more interesting prospects in the draft. He's a freakish athlete that at times plays like a bull in a china shop. He takes ill advised shots, and drives the ball into a crowd. His handles get way too loose at times and he loses control. But despite that, you find yourself falling in love with this kid who seems to have no fear.. He seems to say, just wait, the best is yet to come. Salaum is long and rangey with the tools to be a very good defender. He has a great motor and a lot of dog in him. which I love. He's an unselfish player and a willing passer. I think his 3 pt shot will improve with letting everything slow down

8. Spurs: Nikola Topic: PG, 6'6", 201 Lb's, 18 years old, Mega Mis
33.8 mpg - 18.4 ppg - 52.3% fgp - 25.9% 3pp - 85.5% ftp - 3.6 rpg - 7.1 apg - 1.0 stl's - 4.5 3pa

Topic seems to be the consensus pick for the Spurs. Topic is a pure PG with great court vision and feel for the game. He has the ability to get anywhere he wants on the floor. He's not an elite athlete, but has hesitation moves, head fakes, pump fakes, and misdirection movement. So while he's not an explosive athlete, it doesn't matter, he goes where he wants! He's a very poor 3 pt shooter, which means in the NBA, he's the player on the floor they'll be leaving open. His form looks good, and he's a good free throw shooter, for what that's worth! He is a very good finisher but seldom dunks the ball. He has great size for the position. He's not a great athlete, but he's a good defender with good instincts. If he can develop a jumpshot, he could be special. He did suffer a couple of injuries this season. None serious, but noteworthy!

9. Grizzly's: Donovan Clingan: Center, 7'3", 282 Lb's, 7'6.75" Wingspan, 9'7" Standing Reach, Soph, UConn
22.5 mpg - 13.0 ppg - 63.9% fgp - 25.0% 3pp - 59.3% ftp - 7.4 rpg - 1.5 apg - 0.5 stl's - 2.5 blk's - 0.2 3pa

Considering that the Grizz need a center, this was an obvioius choice. I think he can easily fill the role that Valanciunas played last season, so he's a perfect fit. There's not much to say about Clingan that hasn't already been said. He's tall and has an enormous standing reach. I think he's underrated around the basket offensively. He has very good touch and is almost automatic if you get him the ball within 5 feet of the rim. He has a decent midrange shot which should get better.I think the idea of him being a stretch 5 is a bit exaggerated. He took one about every 4 games and shot 25%. He runs the floor fairly well. While he didn't fare well in the agility drills at the combine, he shows instinctive quickness defending the basket. The looming question is, how will he defend in isolation against a guard on the perimeter.

10. Jazz: Ron Holland: SF, 6'7.5", 196 Lb's, 6'10.5" Wingspan, 18 years old, G-League Ignite
30.3 mpg - 17.5 ppg - 47.4% fgp - 23.9% 3pp - 68.2% ftp - 6.7 rpg - 2.8 apg - 2.1 stl's - 1.1 blk's - 3.1 3pa

If Holland could shoot the three, he'd be a top five pick. He's not a particularly good freethrow shooter either. What he is, is a freak athlete! His outside shot is one of his major flaws, shooting only 24% from three. He loves to attack the basket, but unfortunately, doesn't have the handles. He gets very loose with the ball and compounds it by driving into traffic. He's a willing passer who has shown some flashes of creating for his teammates. He's also a very good rebounder for his position. Defensively is where he stands out. I think he has a chance to be a lock down defender. He has quick hands resulting in deflections and steals. Question is, are you willing to bet on his outside shot coming around? He's a high energy player with a great motor. Those kind of players always find a way to impact a game.

11. Bulls: Rob Dillingham: PG, 6'2.5", 164 Lb's, 6'3" Wingspan, Freshman, Kentucky
23.3 mpg - 15.2 ppg - 47.5% fgp - 44.4% 3pp - 79.6% ftp - 2.9 rpg - 3.9 apg - 1.0 stl's - 4.5 3pa

Dillingham is one of the more exciting players in this draft. He's instant offense. Many argue that he's not a true PG. Oddly enough they say the same thing about his running mate, Reed Sheppard. Dillingham excells at running the pick and roll. While Sheppard shot over 50% from three (ridiculous) Rod wasn't exactly chump change. He managed to shoot 44%. The two of them together were lethal. I can see Dillingham in a Malik Monk type of roll, coming off the bench and being a spark plug. He has to get stronger, and defensively he may struggle against some of the taller stronger guards in the league. But what he brings to the floor should more than make up for any defensive deficiences.

12. Thunder: Matas Buzelis: SF/PF, 6'10", 197 Lb's, 6'10" Wingspan, 19 years old, G-League Ignite
30.6 mpg - 14.3 ppg - 44,8% fgp - 27.3% 3pp - 67.9% ftp - 6.9 rpg - 2.0 apg - 0.8 stl's - 2.1 blk's - 3.4 3pa

Matas is a good athlete, but a terrible shooter. I kept waiting for something to leap out at me. That wow moment I'm always looking for. Anything! But it didn't happen. Now I didn't see every game, but in the games I did see, I wasn't impressed. He does have good handles, and he showed defensive potential as well. And I'll say this, his shot looks good. It simply doesn't go in. I'd feel better if he was an 80% freethrow shooter, but he's not. He's a young player with upside. And maybe I'm missing something. He has good height and he plays an unselfish game of basketball. He's a good passer and a good finisher at the basket, and judging from the 2.1 blks a game, he should be able to buy some minutes on defense.

13. Kings: Tristan Da Silva: PF/SF, 6'9.5", 216 Lb's, 6'10.25" Wingspan, Senior, Colorado
33.9 mpg - 16.0 ppg - 49.3% fgp - 39.5% 3pp - 83.5% ftp - 5.1 rpg - 2.4 apg - 1.1 stl's - 0.6 blk's - 4.8 3pa

I really struggled with this one. It came down to Da Silva or Carter. To be honest, I would be happy with either of them. Carter is so much fun to watch as he reeks havoc on the other teams offense. But with long wings hard to come by, and with Da Silva being one of those, I simply couldn't pass on him. In many ways Tristan reminds me a bit of Murray. Good at everything, but not great at any one thing. He's a good shooter with an effortless looking shot with range well beyond the NBA three point line. He's a good but not great rebounder. He has a great feel for the game. Always in the right place making the right pass. He's a solid defender and a good passer. He has good handles, and he's a good finisher who can finish with either hand. He's not flashy, just consistent!

14. Trailblazers: Yves Missi: Center, 6'11", 229 Lb's, 7'2" Wingspan, Freshman, Baylor
22.9 mpg - 10.7 ppg - 61.4% fgp - 00.0% 3pp - 61.6% ftp - 5.6 rpg - 0.4 apg - 0.6 stl's - 1.5 blk's - 0.0 3pa

Missi is very raw, but still impacts the floor with his athleticism and energy. He's like a coiled spring. With great hops and end to end speed. He's not your stretch five, but he can protect the basket and he's shown the ability to defend in space. Like a lot of young players, he needs to get stronger and work to improve all aspects of his game. He's much closer to helping defensively than offensively. He has little to no game away from the basket. His post game is a work in progress. He needs to work on his footwork. He's an explosive leaper with springs for legs! In short, he's a young player with a lot of ability that's ready to be developed.

15. Heat: Devin Carter: PG/SG, 6'3", 193 Lb's, 6'8" Wingspan, Junior, Providence
35.3 mpg - 19.7 ppg - 47.3% fgp - 37.7% 3pp - 74.9% ftp - 8.7 rpg - 3.6 apg - 1.8 stl's - 1.0 blk's - 6.8 3pa

Devin is the son of NBA player Anthony Carter. He's probably my favorite player in this draft. If you watched just one game by Providence and didn't know any of the players, it wouldn't take you long to be asking, who the hell is this player? He playes much bigger than his 6'3" in shoes. He doesn't have the dog in him, he is the dog!!! He averaged one block a game as a guard and pulled down a ridiculous 8.7 boards. He's also one of the best defenders pound for pound in College. He's a very good offensive player who hit countless clutch shots at the end of games. He can change the momentum of a game on both ends of the floor.
I’ve been eagerly awaiting this topic and post from you, especially given that I haven’t been following collegiate teams and players even 1/5th as much as what I used to prior to 2019ish.

Thanks for the time and effort putting this together for all of us. Much appreciated! I always look forward to reading your educated opinions on these young players.