[Game] Kings @ Wizards - 3/21/2024 - 4:00PM PST/7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like it holds true. No 3's at that +37% territory and even beating the Wizards while they are throwing the ball around like it's covered in butter is a rough challenge.

On an off shooting night for Fox he's taken slightly more than a third of their shots.
Fox was like 0-8 to start though wasn't he? He got going but the average is what it is for this team. It's the 3's that will tell the tale more often than not. Obviously Fox doing this against an actual playoff team probably doesn't matter either way but you can beat teams like this if the 3's fall.

Fox was like 0-8 to start though wasn't he? He got going but the average is what it is for this team. It's the 3's that will tell the tale more often than not. Obviously Fox doing this against an actual playoff team probably doesn't matter either way but you can beat teams like this if the 3's fall.
The question is why would you want to rely on 3's against that roster? That just gives them a chance to win, if you have an off shooting night

Well the back to back clearly had an impact on our legs. However a smart team would have switched things up and stopped jacking lazy threes.
We still have to beat this Wizards team—no excuses. But on the other hand, these are the Kings we are talking about. This season has been one of the strangest I have ever seen being a fan of the team for 20 years. :D

I don’t understand how we couldn’t run our offense against the worst defensive team in the league
The Wizards really clamped down the paint tonight. Physicality also is still the Kings biggest weakness. Tonight they actually got a little flustered by it to be honest. Domas didn't have a very good game and his assist numbers are almost always going to be tied to the shooters knocking down shots. I still think the difference in the end was not switching up the defense earlier and then going back to a zone/help to start the 3rd. The game started on runs directly tied to allowing a bigger, stronger team to get around or behind the defense then scrambling from there into an eventual breakdown. When the Kings went for the dribble they were able to fend off the Wizards advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.