[Game] Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers, 3/6/2024, 7:30p PT/10:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, as I said earlier, it's interesting how things work out. So far Barnes and Huerter have basically hardly played. Huerter was getting roasted on one end and clanking on the other, Barnes was playing pretty good so not sure what's up there, but Brown better be quick on the trigger of his starters come out flat again. This is a pretty big game here. It's the proverbial battle for position double whammy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Austin Reaves is the Anti-Delk: the only roleplayer in the league who performs below his career average versus the Kings.
I get WHY he’s a rotation player but people were talking about him like he was better than Haliburton during FIBA but I just spent the last half hour watching him get punked on offense by Keegan Murray and De’Aaron ask for a paternity test on the other end.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
OK, as I said earlier, it's interesting how things work out. So far Barnes and Huerter have basically hardly played. Huerter was getting roasted on one end and clanking on the other, Barnes was playing pretty good so not sure what's up there, but Brown better be quick on the trigger of his starters come out flat again. This is a pretty big game here. It's the proverbial battle for position double whammy.
One thing about playing small against the Lakers is that it sorta forces them to keep a lot of their good role players off the floor because Rui and Prince can’t really defend most guards. Helps that Vando is apparently taking the season off.

Big 3rd quarter coming. This is kind of a mirror of that last game. What happens if the run dries up? This should be interesting because it sounded like Fox is the guy to bust through that wall in Browns mind.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Austin Reaves is the Anti-Delk: the only roleplayer in the league who performs below his career average versus the Kings.
I'm not even kidding, by the way: Austin Reaves season average
  • Versus the league: 15.7
  • Versus the Kings: 7.0 (his worst splits versus any team this season)

Austin Reaves career average

• Versus the league: 12.0
  • Versus the Kings: 9.2

Cite

One thing about playing small against the Lakers is that it sorta forces them to keep a lot of their good role players off the floor because Rui and Prince can’t really defend most guards. Helps that Vando is apparently taking the season off.
The Fox, Monk, and Davion unit looked OK once the Lakers went with 3 guards themselves. That can work, it's against big, full sized modern units that historically it's been a disaster. When the Kings are shooting on a run like this though it really doesn't matter who is out there honestly, lol. The question is sustainability and adjustment.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
According to Doctor Internet, LeBron has passed Karl Malone for sole possession of sixth place in games played. The lakers haven't been great in games where LeBron hits a career milestone this season, so let's hope that trend continues.

Next up on the list is John Stockton, but I don't think that the lakers have enough games remaining in the regular season to catch him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.