[Game] Kings Vs Miami Heat, 2/26/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET (NBATV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please. The KINGS were on a B2B and the Heat hadn’t played since Friday. The Heat had won 4 consecutive road games coming in, including 3-0 on his current roadie, and the KINGS have a losing record in B2B’s both on the road and at home.

Anybody that has been paying attention shoulda known the likeliest outcome of this one.

Stop with the Spoelstra worship.
Watch the 3rd quarter. Then we'll talk.

What was the Kings record on back to backs prior to tonight?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Teej called for me to pick him up at school right as the game started getting funny. By the time I found it on Sirius XM I decided to just turn it off completely :(

This was a weird one. Heat did have several nights off. They were incredibly short handed but Kings did play a complete game yesterday and didn't get a chance to let off the gas to preserve themselves for tonight. Plus not only was it a back to back, it was a road to home back to back.

Oh, please. The KINGS were on a B2B and the Heat hadn’t played since Friday. The Heat had won 4 consecutive road games coming in, including 3-0 on his current roadie, and the KINGS have a losing record in B2B’s both on the road and at home.

Anybody that has been paying attention shoulda known the likeliest outcome of this one.

Stop with the Spoelstra worship.
if we're being honest here the likeliest outcome was kings winning since the heat were missing 3 of their main starters.

This crowd seems to turn sour fast. Guess it's the flip side to passion
They’ve seen enough of these weak showings on the home floor. Especially against either awful teams, or teams that are missing most of their best players. Their energy and body language when these games start getting out of hand doesn’t help.

This is why I think this team aren’t darlings in Sacramento yet from a roster standpoint. Not like the Webber teams were immediately, even before they established themselves as winners. It would help if they performed better at home. But for the home crowd, the Kings barely win more at home than they lose. Their most inspiring basketball comes away from Sacramento.

I think Carmichael Dave made the point on his radio show that while all the Kings players and coaching staff are likeable, there is something that is blocking this TEAM from being super likeable to the point where they won’t get booed when they fall behind 20 to a team missing 3/5 of their starting lineup and let Kevin Love turn the clock back 6-7 years.

It’s pretty uncharacteristic for Sacramento to be so openly restless with the team. Even during the 16 years where the team was bad. I don’t recall the team being booed as often over that stretch as just this season alone. So there is something that is bothering the fans about this group and it’s likely tied to expectations not being met.

Just out of curiosity but has the expectation for this team changed for anyone? Coming into this season I would deem making it to the second round a successful season, but I think as of now my expectations may have changed. I think just simply making the playoffs and being competitive and not necessarily making to the second round to me would still be considered successful.
My goal was top 6 because I knew the West would be much better. Sadly it looks like we’ll be 7/8 seed and may not even make it into the Playoffs because of the play-in. Missing out on the Playoffs entirely would be disastrous.

Just more evidence of the growth this team needs. Can't take huge chunks of a game off, no matter the talent on the other side.
The talent level on the other side had won 4 consecutive road games coming in and is now 4-0 on their current road trip — including taking down Milwaukee. And they were rested, having not played since Friday, while playing a team that traveled back home to play a B2B.

Knowing the above, my team, and how Swipa has been playing lately, I took the Heat +230 money line and Swipa to score more than 24.5. Easy money.

Still can’t believe the KINGS were 7-point favorites in this one.

They’ve seen enough of these weak showings on the home floor. Especially against either awful teams, or teams that are missing most of their best players. Their energy and body language when these games start getting out of hand doesn’t help.

This is why I think this team aren’t darlings in Sacramento yet from a roster standpoint. Not like the Webber teams were immediately, even before they established themselves as winners. It would help if they performed better at home. But for the home crowd, the Kings barely win more at home than they lose. Their most inspiring basketball comes away from Sacramento.

I think Carmichael Dave made the point on his radio show that while all the Kings players and coaching staff are likeable, there is something that is blocking this TEAM from being super likeable to the point where they won’t get booed when they fall behind 20 to a team missing 3-5 of their starting lineup and let Kevin Love turn the clock back 6-7 years.

It’s pretty uncharacteristic for Sacramento to be so openly restless with the team. Even during the 16 years where the team was bad. I don’t recall the team being booed as often over that stretch as just this season alone. So there is something that is bothering the fans about this group and it’s likely tied to expectations not being met.
Agreed, can’t quite put my finger on what it is with this team that they get booed so often despite being a winning team. Sacramento, a team with one of the best fanbases in the NBA, who finally has a winning team, and they’ve gotten booed like 5 times this year lol. I mean, it’s actually insane how poorly this team plays at home.
• Down 50 to NOLA
• Lose to Charlotte (choked in the last minute or two)
• Lose to Detroit
• Down 20 to Miami team missing several key guys

I mean, how can a Playoff team play like this at home? And when they play bad, it’s baaad. It feels like a lack of engagement/effort at times which probably irks the fans. But yeah, they just seem to lack that clear likeability factor for some reason.

My goal was top 6 because I knew the West would be much better. Sadly it looks like we’ll be 7/8 seed and may not even make it into the Playoffs because of the play-in. Missing out on the Playoffs entirely would be disastrous.
I mean we were in the 5th or 6th seed most of the year and got back there yesterday. Dallas, Phx, Sac, New Orleans are all the same level team with different flaws. We have about the same chance of 5th as they all do.

If the kings make the playoffs being a 7th or 8th seed, but do well in the playoffs I'd still consider it a good season. I don't expect them to beat the wolves, thunder, clippers, or nuggets in a 7 game series though. I think this kings team has peaked out as currently constructed, unless there is a huge jump in murray's game next season which I don't expect because it takes time, I don't think much will change. It'll be up to monte to make moves to see how much further this team can go.

I mean we were in the 5th or 6th seed most of the year and got back there yesterday. Dallas, Phx, Sac, New Orleans are all the same level team with different flaws. We have about the same chance of 5th as they all do.
Feel like NOLA is a lock for top 6. Mavs have a much easier schedule than us and Phoenix is just better, although they have a tougher schedule. Just can’t see this Kings team being top 6 with how many easy games they blow.

I think Carmichael Dave made the point on his radio show that while all the Kings players and coaching staff are likeable, there is something that is blocking this TEAM from being super likeable to the point where they won’t get booed when they fall behind 20 to a team missing 3-5 of their starting lineup and let Kevin Love turn the clock back 6-7 years.

Definitely expectations that were way too high, combined with a team that has a penance for uninspired efforts at times.

That said, I didn’t feel like this loss was an effort issue. Just a bit sloppy and tired, made worse by a scrappy heat team.

If the kings make the playoffs being a 7th or 8th seed, but do well in the playoffs I'd still consider it a good season. I don't expect them to beat the wolves, thunder, clippers, or nuggets in a 7 game series though. I think this kings team has peaked out as currently constructed, unless there is a huge jump in murray's game next season which I don't expect because it takes time, I don't think much will change. It'll be up to monte to make moves to see how much further this team can go.
If we make the Playoffs, that’s a huge win in my book. A lot of fans acted like getting back to the Playoffs was a sure thing. I’ll be happy with a hard fought first round series. Next year is when my expectations would shift to winning a series.

Feel like NOLA is a lock for top 6. Mavs have a much easier schedule than us and Phoenix is just better, although they have a tougher schedule. Just can’t see this Kings team being top 6 with how many easy games they blow.
The Suns are not better, they are more talented top two and then a huge drop off. That team hasn’t proven any more than the kings have. Pelicans are good but they have shown no inclination to pull away. If we beat the Mavs one of the next two we have the tie breaker

4-3 now on this 9-game death trap. This was the game to secure a positive winning %, which is a bummer. Now you absolutely need to find a way to split DEN/Min.

Still, I think most of us would have gladly taken 4-5 on this 9-game stretch before it started. But should be time to get greedy.

The Suns are not better, they are more talented top two and then a huge drop off. That team hasn’t proven any more than the kings have. Pelicans are good but they have shown no inclination to pull away. If we beat the Mavs one of the next two we have the tie breaker
Suns and mavs added better roleplayers so they have improved somewhat. Suns added oneal and mavs added gafford and PJ washington. The pelicans have been on and off with injuries, but if they stayed healthy they will also be a tough out. Same with the suns in terms of injuries and to a lesser extent kyrie has been out for a while for the mavs. I guess you can say health is the one advantage the kings do have, so there's that.

Meh, Huerter was drawing a lot of gravity on offense and hustling his ass off on defense and given that the alternative was a clearly off Malik Monk or Chris Duarte, I don’t know that he shouldn’t have been out there down the stretch.
The problem with Huerter is he plays good 'help' defense but his own man-on defense is sub-standard. He got abused as the weak link on the floor. Then missed a wide-open 3 towards the top of the key.....but its not all on Huerter....Fox had 7 turnovers that's not gonna hold up either. Anyway Woulda had an off Monk out there with the added offense and go down with swinging.

Monte needs to be proactive this summer. Unless Keegan can go supernova in the next year or 2, I think this team tops out at the 2nd round of playoffs.

Monte needs to identify the core (Fox, Sabonis, Keegan and Monk), everyone else needs to be on the trade table including multiple 1st round picks to get that #2 or #3 star this summer.

Definitely not the Wolves, but the Kings can play vs the Nuggets and Thunder. Clippers the jury is out, but probably not. And forget the Pelicans.
Suns also iffy. Warriors, would not be good, though a play-in game might be better than a series. Kings look to be favorable, vs Mavs and Lakers.

Definitely not the Wolves, but the Kings can play vs the Nuggets and Thunder. Clippers the jury is out, but probably not. And forget the Pelicans.
Suns also iffy. Warriors, would not be good, though a play-in game might be better than a series. Kings look to be favorable, vs Mavs and Lakers.
The Kings better pray they make it to #5 or #6 for the final playoff seeding. If the Kings fall to 7 or 8, they are going to be playing the Warriors and Lakers and no way the NBA refs will allow the Kings to be in the playoffs over those 2 teams.

I am reading and agreeing with a lot of these hot takes. Bottom line is that the Kings had a chance to solidify playoff position, and failed against a very short-handed team. It is the story of this season: so much promise, but a lack of follow-through when the opportunity presents itself.

At this point, they look like a play-in team. I never expected to say that. But if they can hold their present position--tied for seventh--the Kings have shown they can beat anyone, anywhere.

It's not that we didn't make a trade at the deadline, it's more we didn't add a player such as a Delon Wright. Most of these playoff teams made changes besides signing two guys that don't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.