[Game] Kings @ Phoenix Suns, 1/16/2024,6:00 PST/9:00p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling we might come back to this L later in the season. Regardless of our roster needs, our team has been letting off their focus recently, I think that's our underlying characteristic this season. I feel that we have been missing some serious mental toughness as a unit, besides Monk playing with some fire at times, it's like it was his contract year... (heh)

If there is some missing crucial championship-level toughness that needs to be earned as a team, this game will be remembered for that down the line.

There’s no explanation or reason for this. Wtf happened? I had the game paused at 73-56, feeling somewhat good (because you never know with our team) and i STILL didn’t expect this. Did we not call timeouts to stop the bleeding? I’m scared to even go look. WTF?

What a F ing meltdown. Looked the kings of 4 years ago. When the defense steps up they fall apart. If a team plays up on us and hard defense the entire game we get blown out. Horrible

Kings got a little too excited by the concept of attacking KD at the five that they forgot the fact that center is probably now KD’s best/only position defensively. There were like ten straight possessions where Malik kept trying to feed the ball into Domas on rolls against KD that all pretty much resulted in liveball turnovers or blocks.
BS, I think they don't need to do pick n roll with Sabonis. Sabonis could have backdown skinny KD, i don't think he can guard Sabonis if Sabonis impose his will. There are couple times, Sabonis would just throw the ball out...bad decisions imo.

Yes we will make it. But we won't get far like this. We really need a reality check. We have not made it just because we made playoffs last year. Team need to stay hungry,we didn't win a championship
I don't know man... I feel like at best we're a 7th or 8th seed. Pelicans,. Mavs. and possibly suns will pass us. Anything goes in those play-in games.

it's a demoralizing loss... but this a developmental season, so no panic trades yet. I hope monte and more so vivek understands the long game.

The good news is someone like Keon or Colby could be the role players you see on title teams. Monte is looking for that next star, be grateful. He KNOWS what's up.
No he doesn’t. He messed up by not making any moves in the offseason and is now trying to course correct by trying to trade players nobody wants that he chose to resign.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
There’s no explanation or reason for this. Wtf happened? I had the game paused at 73-56, feeling somewhat good (because you never know with our team) and i STILL didn’t expect this. Did we not call timeouts to stop the bleeding? I’m scared to even go look. WTF?
this team just doesn't have the confidence when they get rattled. it's the opposite of last year they just fall apart when they get hit in the mouth.

I'll give monk a pass... he's our third best player and we would have loss so many more games if it wasn't for him. Can't have a good game every game.

I don't thing Kings play tight or afraid heading into crunch time. But they act intimidated instead of giving intimidation to their opponent. Fox engages in WAY too much trash talk even while walking up to free throw line and then bricking in crunch time - DISTRACTED! Just shut up and make your silent action at the line speak loud. Kings remain worst free throw shooting team in the entire NBA - stupid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.