[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Philadelphia 76ers, 1/12/2024, 4:30p PST/7:30p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if you don't assume that they're not, then it's a pointless question to ask.

I've never had occasion to find out.
Without a way to verify one way or the other, it's a valuable question with the available evidence - which is that it is rare to hear of a player practicing at this level, and again, hitting at your claimed "automatic" level in practice.

Regarding the second, you are a mod, are you not? You don't know the answer to this?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Without a way to verify one way or the other, it's a valuable question with the available evidence
It makes it a question. "Valuable" is in the eye of the beholder.

Regarding the second, you are a mod, are you not? You don't know the answer to this?
Why would I need to know the answer to that? That's not related to a moderator's duties. That's an admin question.

Ok that sucked
Three words:
Turnovers
Free throws
Rebounds
K actually four….
Everyone’s pretty much said everything
So Sunday is going to be another tough night hope we get it together

We are just less predictable this year. Still a really fun team but we are definitely going through growing pains. We need a couple changes at the deadline because Huerter, Davion and Barnes are just not giving us anything at the moment. I’m still happy with where we are at. Let’s see which version of this team shows up Sunday … hopefully a more enjoyable one haha

We are just less predictable this year. Still a really fun team but we are definitely going through growing pains. We need a couple changes at the deadline because Huerter, Davion and Barnes are just not giving us anything at the moment. I’m still happy with where we are at. Let’s see which version of this team shows up Sunday … hopefully a more enjoyable one haha
If we try to dig up from the mysery tonigh in a but funny sarcastic way some of the TO today were so funny that you can almost enjoy how poor decision someone can make ;)
Here i will even strat ''with my guy'' grabbing a offense rebound just to pass the ball to the nearest opponent less then second later ...

Pacers can still win with their best player injured. I don’t know when y’all are gonna start blaming the coach or start blaming Monte for a lackluster offseason of moves. Monte has to redeem himself at the deadline and brown needs to get through to his guys.
We're 23-15 dude. It's the same story after every loss around here; "OMG WE FREAKING SUCK, EVERYONE SUCKS AHHHHH". I'm not sure how we all survived the 16 year drought if we're this up and down with a team that's 8 games over .500 at the half-way point of the year.

And yeah, this Kings team has been fairly unique in a lot of ways. We look incredible in most of our wins. We look downright dreadful in most of our losses. That suggests we do need a change-up and we of course aren't at title contender status sitting pat. But the sky isn't falling and we're still winning a bunch of games.

Pacers are a whole 3-2 this season without Haliburton, and 9-21 over the last two seasons. In the same span of time, the Kings are 7-8 without Fox (3-3 this season). "Can" seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting in that statement.
They’ve technically won the last 3 without him. He got hurt in the 1st of the 3

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
And yeah, this Kings team has been fairly unique in a lot of ways. We look incredible in most of our wins. We look downright dreadful in most of our losses. That suggests we do need a change-up and we of course aren't at title contender status sitting pat. But the sky isn't falling and we're still winning a bunch of games.
The wildest thing about the Kings' record to me is that they're 11-4 in games decided by single digits, and 5-2 in games decided by 5 points or less, which suggests that all they have to do is keep it close, and they'll find a way to win. But it also suggests that, if the game is not close going into the fourth, they'll just shut it down and stop playing, and Brown definitely needs to address that.

We're 23-15 dude. It's the same story after every loss around here; "OMG WE FREAKING SUCK, EVERYONE SUCKS AHHHHH". I'm not sure how we all survived the 16 year drought if we're this up and down with a team that's 8 games over .500 at the half-way point of the year.

maybe the fans are missing the hard battler , this year in almost every game you know the winner at end of first quarter :)
I can figure out just few exceptions of this “rule”
All in all season is solid so far though

maybe the fans are missing the hard battler , this year in almost every game you know the winner at end of first quarter :)
I can figure out just few exceptions of this “rule”
All in all season is solid so far though
This loss doesn’t feel as bad as some others to me because the Sixers were just fantastic. I don’t think a team has played better defense against us this year. It reminded me of a game last year where the raptors dismantled us. The Sixers plan to strip Domas from behind worked great. They played great perimeter defense and we couldn’t hit our threes. We tried attacking the paint and got swatted every other time. I’ve watched all the kings game this year and probably 20 other NBA games and this was the best defensive performance I’ve seen this season.

This loss doesn’t feel as bad as some others to me because the Sixers were just fantastic. I don’t think a team has played better defense against us this year. It reminded me of a game last year where the raptors dismantled us. The Sixers plan to strip Domas from behind worked great. They played great perimeter defense and we couldn’t hit our threes. We tried attacking the paint and got swatted every other time. I’ve watched all the kings game this year and probably 20 other NBA games and this was the best defensive performance I’ve seen this season.
Absolutely agree … I miss only the other 20 games so far :) but speaking about all Kings games so far I didn’t not see such D at all … they just told us you won’t score today and we didn’t …
Better defence play I have ever seen was in 2004 where Greece won the European soccer championship :))
They allow 4 goals in 6 games , winning 3 knock-out games by 1/0 …

sheesh I don't think Tobias sweated much for those 37, way too easy all game long. Kings never had a chance to begin with so its on to the next one. really unfortunate playing everyone but your best guard defender in Davion
Right....Duarte is not gonna work - his "defense" was eviscerated .....when Monk and Fox have off-shooting nights its done for........another blow out losss. Took about a quarter to get away from them No strides this year. Team is gonna be in a pressure cooeker with upcoming schedule. Disappointed that they don't compete in their losses...... look like quitters. Teams know to muscle em and the Kings lay down. Have some cigars like the Seahawks after the blowout losses.

In all seriousness, WTF is up with Mike Brown not being able to adjust or having a plan B when our 3 isn't falling? We have to be able to switch it up and get to the rim for some easy looks. Apparently Brown's remedy is to continue shooting awful 3s, often early in the shot-clock, and hoping they go in.

It's absolutely a weakness for him as a coach because it's the same story in every game we get blown out.

Is it just me or are we seeing a whole lot more blowouts in the NBA this year and not just with the Kings?

You have to wonder with the new rules and penalties the NBA has imposed to teams for “resting” their players, you have to wonder if teams are just taking whole games off when they start off bad and just don’t have it that night. Instead of fighting with all of their stars players, they chose to just trot the player out there (to not be sanctioned) and when the game starts bad, just pull back the effort to conserve energy to fight another night.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Right....Duarte is not gonna work - his "defense" was eviscerated .....when Monk and Fox have off-shooting nights its done for........another blow out losss. Took about a quarter to get away from them No strides this year. Team is gonna be in a pressure cooeker with upcoming schedule. Disappointed that they don't compete in their losses...... look like quitters. Teams know to muscle em and the Kings lay down. Have some cigars like the Seahawks after the blowout losses.
not sure why Duarte is being labeled a defender, he isn't very good laterally and he fouls too often

not sure why Duarte is being labeled a defender, he isn't very good laterally and he fouls too often
He’s not a bad defender. The issue is we’re asking too much of him and making the conscious decision to put Duarte on other teams stars.

Duarte averaged 2.2 and 2.6 fouls per 36 min in his first two seasons. That’s up to 4.8 fouls per 36 min this season. He’s more of a 4th-5th defender who will give good effort and not be a liability, but we’re often treating him as our 1st-2nd defender.

He’s not a “stopper” but he’s essentially being asked to do just that since we don’t really have many other options to go to.

If I'm an NBA player in the 10-15th man range, why am I not putting up 1000 threes a day and 1000s fts a day to get as good as I possibly can at shooting. Do I not have the time? Do I not have the 3-4 hours it takes to do this between all the bench sitting I'm doing? I have coaches paid to feed me the ball on these drills.
It's actually very bad for your body to shoot that much. You can wear out in all kinds of places you never heard of...until it's too late.

The wildest thing about the Kings' record to me is that they're 11-4 in games decided by single digits, and 5-2 in games decided by 5 points or less, which suggests that all they have to do is keep it close, and they'll find a way to win. But it also suggests that, if the game is not close going into the fourth, they'll just shut it down and stop playing, and Brown definitely needs to address that.
It is very different from last year, and puzzling. Too bad Dellavedova decided to return to Australia, as he was the bench cheerleader/voice of wisdom in 2022-23.

In all seriousness, WTF is up with Mike Brown not being able to adjust or having a plan B when our 3 isn't falling? We have to be able to switch it up and get to the rim for some easy looks. Apparently Brown's remedy is to continue shooting awful 3s, often early in the shot-clock, and hoping they go in.

It's absolutely a weakness for him as a coach because it's the same story in every game we get blown out.
I could not agree more.

I guess you guys missed all the times we were blocked at the rim when we went to the paint. 9 times to be exact. Bottom line is we couldn’t get anything going inside or out.

I think Brown is sending major hints to Monte we need help based on his rotations. He is trying to find someone/anyone to fill that 2 spot. Duarte while ok defensively, fouls too much and isn’t scoring either. Huerter, as much as we rag on him is the reason our offense isn’t nearly as good as last year, he would open things up off that DHO even if he wasn’t shooting at a high clip. Now he has completely fallen off a cliff and is pretty much unplayable. Barnes has also gotten worse but continues to start him, would like to see Lyles take that spot and have Barnes come off bench until we get new blood.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Is it just me or are we seeing a whole lot more blowouts in the NBA this year and not just with the Kings?
It has not just been you, but that then begs the follow-up question of how reasonable is it to expect fans of a team to pay attention to things going on outside of their team? Like, I may personally think it's a reasonable expectation, but I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who is outside of fandom.

You have to wonder with the new rules and penalties the NBA has imposed to teams for “resting” their players, you have to wonder if teams are just taking whole games off when they start off bad and just don’t have it that night. Instead of fighting with all of their stars players, they chose to just trot the player out there (to not be sanctioned) and when the game starts bad, just pull back the effort to conserve energy to fight another night.
Interesting, that could actually have something to do with it. The other thing is when any game is completely 1 sided towards offense when 1 team doesn't hit their shots it can get really ugly. Defending, playing physically, etc. doesn't make up the difference as consistently anymore.

He’s not a bad defender. The issue is we’re asking too much of him and making the conscious decision to put Duarte on other teams stars.

Duarte averaged 2.2 and 2.6 fouls per 36 min in his first two seasons. That’s up to 4.8 fouls per 36 min this season. He’s more of a 4th-5th defender who will give good effort and not be a liability, but we’re often treating him as our 1st-2nd defender.

He’s not a “stopper” but he’s essentially being asked to do just that since we don’t really have many other options to go to.
He's a pest, but he doesn't have the muscularity to be a lockdown defender. This is part of the problem with Brown , their top defender is on the bench. What it should be is Mitchell does alot better attacking the rim, and should not be shooting/settling for 3s to begin with. He has good body control - should be driving and scoring or kicking. Duarte is not really a starter - he's bench level. A decent all-around player but too inconsistent on offense.. Mitchell should be used more and differently as Boi noticed.

He's a pest, but he doesn't have the muscularity to be a lockdown defender. This is part of the problem with Brown , their top defender is on the bench. What it should be is Mitchell does alot better attacking the rim, and should not be shooting/settling for 3s to begin with. He has good body control - should be driving and scoring or kicking. Duarte is not really a starter - he's bench level. A decent all-around player but too inconsistent on offense.. Mitchell should be used more and differently as Boi noticed.
I’m of the mindset that Huerter should be the starter with the current roster we have now.

But if Brown disagrees and wants some sort of defensive presence starting at SG, my choice would be Keon Ellis. He’s been very good defensively, gets his hands on a ton of balls, and has much better size & length than someone like Mitchell. And unlike Duarte and Mitchell, he’s actually been knocking down the 3 ball at a high rate and volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.