IST Quarterfinals: New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings, 12/4/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the excuse for tonight? It’s one thing if the Warriors have our number, but the Pelicans and Rockets too? At this point, I’m thinking that the Kings are just a mediocre basketball team that doesn’t play defense and relies on 3s.

Coaching is also questionable… the lack of on-court discipline is infuriating. There’s a big difference between watching the 49ers and the Kings.
Thank god for my niners

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Well I really wanted a trophy this year and this in-season guy seemed doable but wasn't to be so I guess we'll just have to settle for the LO'B now. Would be a decent consolation, I guess.

We’ll be ok. 4-0 before tonight in the tournament, and we know New Orleans is our new toughest matchup the way the wolves were for us last season. We’ll figure em out eventually! For now, let’s get Keegan and our guys healthy and focus on the games that truly matter moving forward. We have many beams to light :cool:

The Kings interestingly enough have had a super wide range of outcomes so far this year; Whereas last year, every game was a tight grouping of winning or losing the game. We've looked great in a majority of our wins and just looked utterly dreadful in a majority of our losses.

People freaking out over NOP having our number really shouldn't be. The West is really damn good and every win (outside of POR/SAS) is a quality win vs a pretty good team. And we're catching NOP at the worst time where they just got back CJ and Murphy into their rotation.

I dunno. Fox can't have that 1st half performance if we want to win tough games. He wasn't just poor, he was actively making us worse in that first half.
Fox was so bad he was even fouling guys with his lips.

Anyhow, I am out for a week. The Kings do not me or any of you watching them play. If they don't give a crap about the fans dropping hundreds or thousands of dollars to watch them play WAY BELOW their potential and giving the middle finger to the fans then they don't deserve to be cheered for. People need to boo them the next home game to let them know this is not acceptable.
Oh get off your damn high horse, jesus christ. The Kings STUNK for 15 years and now we're going to act like an entitled fanbase? We finally have good Kings basketball for the first time in damn near 20 years and you want the fans to go "Boo" them? So guys like Malik Monk walk out in FA next year? The Kings play harder (most of the time ) than a majority of the league and are one of the more entertaining watches among any other team.

No one asked you to be a Kings fan. Being critical is absolutely needed and acceptable. Booing a team that doesn't deserve it is childish and dumb.

Yeah this one is on Fox. Domas was incredible and we got more than enough from the role guys to take this one home. Just a horrible time for Fox to have his worst game of the season, especially in the first half.

And we need to get Keegan some defensive help. He goes out, the defense just utterly crumbles. That 1st half stint where he got hurt especially was killing in this game.
we need better forwards. We have 1.5 of them and wings are critical in today’s NBA.

What’s the excuse for tonight? It’s one thing if the Warriors have our number, but the Pelicans and Rockets too? At this point, I’m thinking that the Kings are just a mediocre basketball team that doesn’t play defense and relies on 3s.

Coaching is also questionable… the lack of on-court discipline is infuriating. There’s a big difference between watching the 49ers and the Kings.
the team that everyone is praising right now has a worse record than us and lost to the jazz 2 times without Lauri.

NBA is all about runs. We crapped the bed at the end of the first and start of the second and then played them to a draw the rest of the game.

That niner game yesterday was a master class in ripping out the oppositions heart on their home field. I wonder if the kings will ever be that good?
There are more ways to build a contender in football than there is in basketball. I don’t know, man. I think Monte played it way too safe last off season. No reason to trade a first and then resign Barnes. Let’s see what he does before the deadline. Hopefully we don’t have to wait that long.

Thank god for my niners
You’ll never see Trent Williams, Aiyuk, or Kittle take a play off. But for the Kings, we’ll let the team go on a 10-0 run just in time tor Coach Brown to call a timeout. After the timeout, we respond by turning the ball over…. How? How do you turn the ball over after a timeout and getting the chance to set up your play? Sloppy basketball, no sense of urgency.

It falls on the lack of coaching and discipline.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I haven’t been on this thread until the last 10 mins. But you know they already butchered us at their place, without Murphy and McCollum. And now they beat us at our place. And so the logic is they don’t have our number??
The Kings played well enough to qualify for the In-Season Tournament Quarterfinals in the first place and it was a 5pt game mid-way through the 4th. From that point on we had open shots that didn't fall and they had open shots that did. That's not a matter of being outclassed, that's just a bad roll of the dice.

These teams played even tonight with each team taking turns going on a huge run and they ended up on top. Allowances should also be made for the Kings "fouling" the Pelicans with their faces twice. That set the tone that their physicality was going to be rewarded and we were going to be playing behind. I'll give it up to the Pelicans for forcing the issue and being physical enough to take us out of our gameplan for around 20 minutes. They also have a better bench unit than we do and Ingram is a helluva shot-maker.

I give them props for being a good team and they're going to be a tough matchup for everyone this season. But considering the Kings have already beaten almost every contender in the west this season besides the Pelicans, I don't think they're a better team than the Kings and I don't think three games is a big enough sample to abandon all hope.

The Kings played well enough to qualify for the In-Season Tournament Quarterfinals in the first place and it was a 5pt game mid-way through the 4th. From that point on we had open shots that didn't fall and they had open shots that did. That's not a matter of being outclassed, that's just a bad roll of the dice.

These teams played even tonight with each team taking turns going on a huge run and they ended up on top. Allowances should also be made for the Kings "fouling" the Pelicans with their faces twice. That set the tone that their physicality was going to be rewarded and we were going to be playing behind. I'll give it up to the Pelicans for forcing the issue and being physical enough to take us out of our gameplan for around 20 minutes. They also have a better bench unit than we do and Ingram is a helluva shot-maker.

I give them props for being a good team and they're going to be a tough matchup for everyone this season. But considering the Kings have already beaten almost every contender in the west this season besides the Pelicans, I don't think they're a better team than the Kings and I don't think three games is a big enough sample to abandon all hope.
IMO, if Zion gets in shape, they are a better team than the kings.

the team that everyone is praising right now has a worse record than us and lost to the jazz 2 times without Lauri.

NBA is all about runs. We crapped the bed at the end of the first and start of the second and then played them to a draw the rest of the game.
And oddly (but maybe not) it started when the kings were up by 15 and they started heat checking 3s and playing loose on their drives and stopped moving.

This was an embarrassing loss the kings need to do better.
im curious why of all the losses this feels especially bad to you? I actually thought we had momentum several times in the second half but just couldn’t get over the hump. Plenty of fight at least. I’d take this type of loss over the Houston or road Nawlins games

Good Game fellas ! Apologize for talking crap earlier. Excuse me but I’m a little excited about this team. We just gotta stay healthy. Best of luck to you guys moving forward.
You got a good team. I’m happy for you cause your saints are horrid! 49ers season is just heating up for our run to the Super Bowl!

we need better forwards. We have 1.5 of them and wings are critical in today’s NBA.
The problem is I'm not sure anyone saw HB's steep athletic decline coming this season. He's just a ghost on offense these days, not getting to the line and he just can't stay in front of any starting-caliber wing.

Is what it is, but Monte and Brown need to plug his slot in the starting lineup pronto. I think the band-aid solution I'd go to is Sasha. Kings are 10.3 points better with him on the floor (213 minutes) while remaining neutral on defense. And just the eye-test; Sasha is far more physical defensively and on the glass and (somehow) moves his feet better than HB currently is. And basically every Sasha offensive grouping is just ripping right now; 2-man/3-man stuff with Fox/Domas is very very very good.

Yah the team will be fine. They show they will bounceback pretty quickly. I’m sure Fox is the most disappointed of them all. You could tell he wanted this IST really bad, just wasn’t his day. Alvarado was getting to him and he settled for too many 3s when I thought he was able to get to the lane all game and create. His FT shooting has been disappointing especially shooting the best of his career last year so hopefully he can find that form

im curious why of all the losses this feels especially bad to you? I actually thought we had momentum several times in the second half but just couldn’t get over the hump. Plenty of fight at least. I’d take this type of loss over the Houston or road Nawlins games
It feels bad because the kings had a huge lead and pissed it away with stupidity.

Just didn't value the game at all, I'm talking about those turnovers they had in the first half it was like 5 in a row I think.

Didn't deserve the win.

Will note that I was watching kind of on and off during that turnover time but I think that's what happened.

The problem is I'm not sure anyone saw HB's steep athletic decline coming this season. He's just a ghost on offense these days, not getting to the line and he just can't stay in front of any starting-caliber wing.

Is what it is, but Monte and Brown need to plug his slot in the starting lineup pronto. I think the band-aid solution I'd go to is Sasha. Kings are 10.3 points better with him on the floor (213 minutes) while remaining neutral on defense. And just the eye-test; Sasha is far more physical defensively and on the glass and (somehow) moves his feet better than HB currently is. And basically every Sasha offensive grouping is just ripping right now; 2-man/3-man stuff with Fox/Domas is very very very good.
Said this before the season started Sasha should be starting there.

Another night where are opponent outshoots us from 3. 45-34 percent. That is now the 7th time that has happened in our 8 losses. IMO that is our biggest issue. We can’t have that as a shooting team that plays at best average defense.

Oh get off your damn high horse, jesus christ. The Kings STUNK for 15 years and now we're going to act like an entitled fanbase? We finally have good Kings basketball for the first time in damn near 20 years and you want the fans to go "Boo" them? So guys like Malik Monk walk out in FA next year? The Kings play harder (most of the time ) than a majority of the league and are one of the more entertaining watches among any other team.

No one asked you to be a Kings fan. Being critical is absolutely needed and acceptable. Booing a team that doesn't deserve it is childish and dumb.
Get off your high horse sir. Let the man cry. No need for name calling

Another night where are opponent outshoots us from 3. 45-34 percent. That is now the 7th time that has happened in our 8 losses. IMO that is our biggest issue. We can’t have that as a shooting team that plays at best average defense.
We're not going anywhere as a just shooting team.

I've been saying we desperately need a tough 3/4 type guy that can defend wings and be passable on offense or we are not going anywhere in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.