[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/4/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
You simply can't have games like this and expect to be a championship caliber team. I'm sorry. It's not just that we're going to lose, it's how we've looked. There appears to have been no clear game plan about how to defend, or who was going to lead the offense. One of the ugliest games in recent memory, especially how we almost completely broke down in the third, and then again in the fourth.

Would now be a good time to remind everyone we started last season 0-4?
Does it matter if we play like this?

We are a shell of the team we were.

No cutting, passing, spacing, dead last in transition, pee poor shooting.

Teams getting the f whatever they want offensively.

Would now be a good time to remind everyone we started last season 0-4?
The excuses are all there of course, but you can't have a game to game difference in showing like what we played vs GS and whatever this is on the floor. I don't recall many games where the Kings were this bad last season... maybe like 1 or 2 times?

Pathetic effort. This group played AMAZING on Wed, they're super well-rested coming in with the fewest games in the NBA and just lay a total dud like this. Night and day difference from that game to now.

Team has some soul-searching to do.

Do they have trap games in basketball like they do in Football? Maybe the Kings just didn't get up mentally for this game for whatever reason....

Unfortunately Keegan is in one of his bad slumps. This happened a couple times last year and then all of a sudden he popped out of it. We just can’t survive right now without his shooting and huerter.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The excuses are all there of course, but you can't have a game to game difference in showing like what we played vs GS and whatever this is on the floor. I don't recall many games where the Kings were this bad last season... maybe like 1 or 2 times?
Getting our asses kicked at home by absolutely abysmal teams was sorta a Kings trademark last season.

Where is the toughness? We got beat down tonight, every single guy that played got worked. Starting with Domas our max player,. "3rd gun" Keegan Murray. Huerter, Barnes, Mitchell all pathetic and super soft performance.

This game is pretty disheartening, and it appears to have exposed some serious holes in our team, and our offense in particular. We completely fell apart, and relied on outside shooting, and this is against a rather poor defense. You can't win a championship by being a team good at getting open outside shots. And you can't just have one player that can fix that (Fox) when they aren't falling.

We need more of a system on offense. We need more cutting. We need ways to get into the paint and get LAYUPS. This was what was so beautiful about the Adelmen offenses.

Did we lose a key member of the coaching staff that I didn't notice until now?

Unfortunately Keegan is in one of his bad slumps. This happened a couple times last year and then all of a sudden he popped out of it. We just can’t survive right now without his shooting and huerter.
Honestly this right here is the problem. Keegan has started this season in a slump, as has Huerter. Whe. You are down your best player, your 3rd and 4th/5th best starters are playing like g-league talent, it's gonna be rough. Amd Davion is for the streets. Don't know what happened to him, but this ain't it.

Huerter and Murray both hot garbage right now. I thought murray was going to add some things to his game like some play making. He’s shooting and passing up the same shots from last year. Missing will happen, I’m more disappointed in how he’s being used. I thought we were going to run our offense thru him from time to time. He’s still a spot up shooter

I know fox is missing but the team just isn’t playing with the same energy they had last season. Maybe the problem is we didn’t see many games like this last season. Right now something seems really off.

This game is pretty disheartening, and it appears to have exposed some serious holes in our team, and our offense in particular. We completely fell apart, and relied on outside shooting, and this is against a rather poor defense. You can't win a championship by being a team good at getting open outside shots. And you can't just have one player that can fix that (Fox) when they aren't falling.

We need more of a system on offense. We need more cutting. We need ways to get into the paint and get LAYUPS. This was what was so beautiful about the Adelmen offenses.

We got a ton of good looks. We missed them. Shots we normally make. What's concerning is they are missing shots they made last year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Where is the toughness? We got beat down tonight, every single guy that played got worked. Starting with Domas our max player,. "3rd gun" Keegan Murray. Huerter, Barnes, Mitchell all pathetic and super soft performance.
Playing 'tough' is what lead to all the defensive breakdowns though. Kings were playing all their perimeter players way too tight on the line, which led to all those drives and kicks and defensive miscues.

I agree. If the 3 isn't falling at a good %, this team looks lost

Really think this came down to them thinking after the GS game that they had an easy opponent like Houston in the bag and this was the result.
Feels like it. 3 days off, played the Warriors DAMN good, thought they could take it easy and get a free W.

Shout-out Monk though. Only dude out there playing like he actually cared and brought some fire. Everyone else F-

Status
Not open for further replies.