[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Beal's mechanics and physiology are so awkward for a ball player, someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe he initially trained for football and that explained his big build as a guard in Florida. with that being said, when he drives to the rim or moves around, it's not fluid and I think that may be a part of why he's been missing games and only played sub 65 games the last 4 seasons

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Those sound like nagging injuries. That or mind games. As much as I hate the Suns, hopefully a star duo of Kevin Durant and Grayson Allen demolish the Warriors, haha.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Ok, so is NBC Sports Net California available on Dish Network again? I switched to DirecTV a couple years back when they dropped it, but I hate DirecTV compared to Dish (and it is a LOT more expensive). I looked on their website and it indicates they have it again but I don't want to consider switching back until someone else can confirm.

I live out of town so wireless broadband is the best I can do right now (tried Starlink but the signal wasn't steady enough for my partial work at home schedule and the Splashtop software we use). Most of the time the internet is fine, but MNF on Prime (for example) is very rough due to heavy local use on the one tower we have in the area that the Verizon 5G Home connects to. I'd hate to see a bunch of Kings games go that way as well.

The narrative to last years Kings and the players is so crazy. None of it is even "Look out they could do it again." It's all "Everything was a fluke. Here's a list of all their players flaws(like everyone dosent have flaws)"

We know we need a rim protector and more spacing from big men. That dosent mean they are going dissappear this year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The narrative to last years Kings and the players is so crazy. None of it is even "Look out they could do it again." It's all "Everything was a fluke. Here's a list of all their players flaws(like everyone dosent have flaws)"

We know we need a rim protector and more spacing from big men. That dosent mean they are going dissappear this year.
Every other team’s flaws on the other hand is easily correctable!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
KOC on the crap list.

I love this though. Basically the whole NBA world saying what we did last year was a fluke and NO WAY can we repeat that success. Keeps that chip on our shoulder and the "us vs them" mentality.
I mean, it's kind of a trash take, but I can see how he got there. And, if we're being honest, it's not as if the Kings have anything that they can point to where they can say, "This is how you know it wasn't a fluke." For better or worse, the only thing y'all can do is go out there and remove all doubt.

This is what I still don't get about the Sun's hype. Everyone seems to look at their talent and then automatically put them as one of the best teams in the West. Their depth is average to poor IMO, and roster fit is also a question. However, you have to look at health when judging them. Here are how many games their best players have played the past 4 seasons.
Durant (0, 35, 55, 47)
Beal (57, 60, 40, 50)
Booker (70, 67, 68, 53)
Nurkic (8, 37, 56, 52)
Gordon (36, 27, 57, 69)

The odds are that most of these players are not healthy for at least 30% of the he season. They will be dangerous if healthy come playoff time, but I doubt they will be a top 4 seed in the West.

KOC on the crap list.

I love this though. Basically the whole NBA world saying what we did last year was a fluke and NO WAY can we repeat that success. Keeps that chip on our shoulder and the "us vs them" mentality.
I don't think KOC said anything that was wrong in this clip. This is what happens when all eyes are on you and you play terrible in the playoffs. I really don't care about the health excuses.. lots of players were banged up. At the end of the day, your stars are supposed to step up during the playoffs and turn it up an entire level. We didn't get that from Sabonis.. the guy some people + local media tried to argue should've been in the MVP race.

Sabonis- 7games: 16.4pts 11rebs 4.7asts 49.5/20/57.1
Jokic- 20 games: 30pts 13.5rebs 9.5asts 54.8/46.1/79.9

What a big difference between a true MVP candidate and Sabonis.

When you're a star in this league, there are going to be big expectations for you every night. This isn't an anti-sacramento thing either. The media is hard on anyone who disappears in the playoffs. The only reason why no one has really called out Sabonis on his poor play is because we aren't seen as contenders. Imagine if Booker or Tatum put up these numbers, they would have been flamed by the media and fans during the entire offseason.

This is what I still don't get about the Sun's hype. Everyone seems to look at their talent and then automatically put them as one of the best teams in the West. Their depth is average to poor IMO, and roster fit is also a question. However, you have to look at health when judging them. Here are how many games their best players have played the past 4 seasons.
Durant (0, 35, 55, 47)
Beal (57, 60, 40, 50)
Booker (70, 67, 68, 53)
Nurkic (8, 37, 56, 52)
Gordon (36, 27, 57, 69)

The odds are that most of these players are not healthy for at least 30% of the he season. They will be dangerous if healthy come playoff time, but I doubt they will be a top 4 seed in the West.
Because Booker is an elite player.. so is Durant. Any team with just one of them is still a guaranteed playoff team in the West. A team with two of them? They have a great chance at being a top team in the league.

Last year the Suns were without Booker for nearly 30 games... yet they still won 45 games and secured the 4th seed. Cameron Johnson only played in 17 of those games as well. Their team relied on: Landry Shamet, Damion Lee, Torrey Craig, and Cameron Payne all playing 20mpg last season.....

yeah, I think the Suns are locked in for top 4 lol. they'll be fine despite the health concerns

Because Booker is an elite player.. so is Durant. Any team with just one of them is still a guaranteed playoff team in the West. A team with two of them? They have a great chance at being a top team in the league.

Last year the Suns were without Booker for nearly 30 games... yet they still won 45 games and secured the 4th seed. Cameron Johnson only played in 17 of those games as well. Their team relied on: Landry Shamet, Damion Lee, Torrey Craig, and Cameron Payne all playing 20mpg last season.....

yeah, I think the Suns are locked in for top 4 lol. they'll be fine despite the health concerns
That is a bit misleading. Ayron played 67 games, Paul played 59, and Bridges played 56.

Durant (0, 35, 55, 47)
Beal (57, 60, 40, 50)
Booker (70, 67, 68, 53)
Nurkic (8, 37, 56, 52)
Gordon (36, 27, 57, 69)

Well, the other thing is they went from pretty much out of all real debate to the only team to beat the eventual champs more than once in the playoffs. Also, when Durant and Booker played together in all of those 8 games prior to that, with an injury period in the middle so not just a hot streak, they were 8-0. Even if they fail, be concerned. Very concerned. I'm sure they'll manage minutes and rest as much as they can so we'll see.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Ok, so is NBC Sports Net California available on Dish Network again? I switched to DirecTV a couple years back when they dropped it, but I hate DirecTV compared to Dish (and it is a LOT more expensive). I looked on their website and it indicates they have it again but I don't want to consider switching back until someone else can confirm.

I live out of town so wireless broadband is the best I can do right now (tried Starlink but the signal wasn't steady enough for my partial work at home schedule and the Splashtop software we use). Most of the time the internet is fine, but MNF on Prime (for example) is very rough due to heavy local use on the one tower we have in the area that the Verizon 5G Home connects to. I'd hate to see a bunch of Kings games go that way as well.
My post got moved to this thread, so just following up to see if there is an answer.

Thanks!

Booker is going to have a great shot at the MVP this year. Clearly, this is going to be all you can eat with a main course of Durant, Booker, and Beal. Everybody else is garnish.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Warriors are like the one team it's okay for the Suns to play Nurkic in a hedge against because Kerr absolutely refuses to run pick and roll sets for some reason and CP3 is too old to take advantage of mismatches now anyways

Warriors are like the one team it's okay for the Suns to play Nurkic in a hedge against because Kerr absolutely refuses to run pick and roll sets for some reason and CP3 is too old to take advantage of mismatches now anyways
Kerr ran a bunch early with Curry and he got that open 3 to start. It's interesting because Vogel is switching. And yes, even with Nurkic it's better than not switching. The league is so screwed on defense it's not funny. Nurkic guarding the perimeter is painful to watch lol.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kerr ran a bunch early with Curry and he got that open 3 to start. It's interesting because Vogel is switching. And yes, even with Nurkic it's better than not switching. The league is so screwed on defense it's not funny. Nurkic guarding the perimeter is painful to watch lol.
Watching him try to shuffle his feet horizontally makes my knees hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.