[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 5, 2-2) 4/26/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes had 3 rebounds in 33 mins of play - but the other failure was 19 turnovers!!! 5 on Sabonis and 6 on Fox.....Fox gets a pass with the injury.
But Brown allowed 3 of those turnovers on Sabonis from his dribble drives upcourt.

That's the thing, if Murray isn't doing something I would be interested to hear what it is because I'm not seeing it other than when a defender is attached to him he tends to let his stars go to work, which is the right play. Does Brown want him to force himself down low like Barnes and call for it? If that were the case I'm pretty sure he'd be doing it but who knows.
I have no clue, it’s really the strangest thing. Even just to see him toss up one bad shot would be a welcome surprise at this point. They need to think of something and get creative because the whole “it doesn’t matter who starts, but who finishes” thing just doesn’t feel like it’s true right now. Huerter needs to come off the bench and we need to find a way to get Mitchell or Monk in there. Unless Monk is hurt? I saw some confusing tweets at the end and didn’t get to see much of the final quarter

Yep, the good news is that the Kings are already a couple of years ahead of schedule of those early Adelman teams and haven't already ran out of assets to use to build like those teams sorta were. Also all the big name teams in the west are pretty much on their last gasps of contention (this is probably the last hurrah for this Warriors squad and I refuse to believe that Lebron is going to stay this good forever) whereas the Lakers were younger than us (well, Kobe was) and the Spurs were in their prime/had just drafted Manu and Tony Parker.

As fun as this Kings season has been, teams don't just go from historically bad to title contenders overnight and now is where Monte's job gets tougher.
One good thing is the world is watching his roster right now and might be willing to help. Lets see what magic Monte can pull off to take that next step. I just hope he does realize that this isn't exactly a young team and his ability to improve without dismantling big chunks of his core to do it won't last forever. It's a matter of time before other teams start trying to poach pieces here and there.

Fox 100% should not be taking 9.6 3PA. I remember people ignoring the red flags of all his 3pt attempts late in the season... he's not that guy. In no world should he be taking that many shots... that's Julius Randle territory. WITH THIS BEING SAID, he's clearly been our best player in the playoffs, but I think you'd like to see him take less 3s overall against a team where every possession counts. He's too good from inside the arc not to settle for those types of shots.. but when everyone else is shooting horrid from 3pt.. maybe Fox isn't the worst option.
Again, where the **** is Brown to rein him in a bit? I get he gives Fox a leash, but him launching like he's Steph is not how we win ball games. Or how we won ball games this year either.

I love Mike Brown and he's far and away the best coach the Kings have had since Adelman. But man, he's really getting exposed quite a bit in the last 3 games. He's not handling getting worked over by Kerr well at all.

The Kings' inexperience is (slowly) leading to their demise in this series. I don't even think the Warriors win 2 games if we are a "veteran" playoff team. It's been frustrating to watch our offense at times, especially our three point shooting. What seemed to have been falling all year long all of a sudden can't seem to be able to go in.

I'm not quite ready to count us out just yet, as we can turn that offense on in an instant, but I won't be surprised if our season ends on Friday (nor will I be too overly disappointed).

It would be nice if we could just get back to doing what we do well. Fox mid range, sabonis power game, Barnes drawing fouls and Keegan and Kevin spacing. We have seen elements of that but for some reason we can only do about one or two of those things at a time. If someone is hot someone else is making no impact. Frustrating to say the least

We should have kept Bogdanovic instead of going for Huerter.
Bogdanovic playoff series so far against the celtics who is much better defensively than the Warriors

54.3 FG% 48.3 3P% on 6 attempts averaging 13.6 points

Play our best lineup and live with the results. Stop trying to outcoach. It’s not working. We gonna have to hit hella 3s next game to win. We not gonna get no calls next game. Are only hope is the nba wants a game 7

One good thing is the world is watching his roster right now and might be willing to help. Lets see what magic Monte can pull off to take that next step. I just hope he does realize that this isn't exactly a young team and his ability to improve without dismantling big chunks of his core to do it won't last forever. It's a matter of time before other teams start trying to poach pieces here and there.
We're the 4th youngest team in the playoffs this year... we have time.

The big question is how much do you overreact to GSW having the perfect defensive answer to Domas without an adjustment from our coach and our shooting becoming the worst in the NBA over a 5-game stretch?

Like we have 3 wins in this series if Huerter/HB are just passable shooting the ball and not fully unplayable.

Again, where the **** is Brown to rein him in a bit? I get he gives Fox a leash, but him launching like he's Steph is not how we win ball games. Or how we won ball games this year either.

I love Mike Brown and he's far and away the best coach the Kings have had since Adelman. But man, he's really getting exposed quite a bit in the last 3 games. He's not handling getting worked over by Kerr well at all.
I really think the lack of adjustments is biting Brown really hard. We were an HB 3pter away from being 3-1, so maybe he feels that his gameplay has been working. However, allowing Domas to be completely neutralized is not a good look. More blame falls down on Domas, but you have to change something.

No one has brought him up, but I think Kessler's defensive impact could've been a big game changer for a series like this where every possession adds up.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The thing is that Monte can't get too greedy and go all in too fast like the T-Wolves did.

That team kept most of its core intact but gave up essentially everything else to add a core piece that on-paper addressed its biggest need (defense).

Klay Thompson isn’t a system player and he doesn’t really take guys off the dribble. He does mostly step back threes and fadeaway midrange on occasion. Two things Murray can do. If he plays the way he did in the first quarter he can bust through the 12 5 rebound role he has now.
Yeah Klay does. Lets put it this way, this is a game of guard skills and oh yeah, Klay has them for sure. When a big is on him he's attacking no doubt. That's also a different team there with Curry, Poole and such. I was also never sold on Klay being a number 1 by the way. Notice how the Warriors are always so adamant about having a 2nd or 3rd scorer. Klay is probably part of the reason. People questioned why they would go after players like Russell, Wiggins, Poole, etc. They will make sure come hell or highwater there is another scorer next to Klay and Steph.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Biggest collapse is the bucks getting bounced 4-1. No debate
Six times in history a Number One seed has lost to an eighth seed in the first round. Three times the Number One seed lost on their home floor. The Bucks are the first-ever Number One seed to lose on their home floor in the first round, in which the eighth seed was not also facing elimination.

A lot of teams laid eggs this first round, if we bow out we put up more than anyone said we would entering the series. Our future will still be bright as a young team. Monte will have work to do.

It just sucks it has to be this way (if it does end this way). The dubs twitter I've encountered the last week is the absolute bottom of the barrell NBA fan and I lived in SoCal for the golden years.
Really the most disgusting base i have seen in a long while. That's what makes this hurt even more for me, but it ain't over.

Status
Not open for further replies.