The Salt Mine

The thing I don't get about JJ Redick's rant about the refs is what's stopping the Warriors from being physical back? It's not like the refs are only allowing the Kings to be physical. It's up to the Warriors to adapt and match that physicality.

It's pretty amazing the full throttled media push and lobbying that is coming from Golden State and their supporters due to this 0-2 hole. They're not only priming the fanbase to be rabid and distraught, but also the league and refs in allowing more space and freedom for GSW to operate. So much for playoff basketball where physicality reigns supreme. We as a fanbase better be prepared for some god awful calls in game 3. That is a given. Curry and Klay need space to operate at full throttle and we may very well see that in Game 3.
We have zero shot of taking game 3 the media did there job same way they did with Jokic and the mvp giving it to the cry baby

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The thing I don't get about JJ Redick's rant about the refs is what's stopping the Warriors from being physical back? It's not like the refs are only allowing the Kings to be physical. It's up to the Warriors to adapt and match that physicality.
They've been extremely physical which is the LOL part of all of it.

They have been playing the same type of defense against our shooters (Huerter, Murray and Monk) as we have against theirs (Curry, Thompson and Poole).

I'm pretty puzzled by the fact that so few voices in the national media are calling out the warriors for a complete lack of physical and mental toughness. This is the NBA playoffs. These are the defending champions, a dynasty that revolutionized the way the game of basketball is played at all levels of competition. This is beyond unbecoming, at this point. They wanted the Kings in the first round. Draymond himself said that the Warriors were angling to play the Kings in round one. Brian Windhorst made a big show of the fact that everybody in the west was hoping to draw the Kings. The Warriors walked away with that "prize" at the conclusion of the regular season. Now that they've got what they wanted, they're realizing it's more than they can handle, and the organization, it's fans, and their national media sycophants are melting into a pathetic little puddle. It's just f***ing embarrassing. For all involved.

I'm pretty puzzled by the fact that so few voices in the national media are calling out the warriors for a complete lack of physical and mental toughness. This is the NBA playoffs. These are the defending champions, a dynasty that revolutionized the way the game of basketball is played at all levels of competition. This is beyond unbecoming, at this point. They wanted the Kings in the first round. Draymond himself said that the Warriors were angling to play the Kings in round one. Brian Windhorst made a big show of the fact that everybody in the west was hoping to draw the Kings. The Warriors walked away with that "prize" at the conclusion of the regular season. Now that they've got what they wanted, they're realizing it's more than they can handle, and the organization, it's fans, and their national media sycophants are melting into a pathetic little puddle. It's just f***ing embarrassing. For all involved.
Quoted for emphasis. They already lost in their heads. Kings are winning the mental battle.

Had that very same thought. This is predicated on the disparity in ticket prices as well... How many Kings fans (like some here) took a look at the two prices and pulled the trigger on Chase (Golden 2 Center)? And... then even after game 2, because I checked and there were still plenty of ~$200 tickets available.
Also theres a mentality in SF that you don't have to, or want to, leave the peninsula. I know people are people but I've heard many of my friends living there bring it up.

Where as Sac is known for being 2 hrs away from "the city" or Tahoe. We drive all over to do the things we like.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Also theres a mentality in SF that you don't have to, or want to, leave the peninsula. I know people are people but I've heard many if my friends living their bringing up.

Where as Sac is known for being 2 hrs away from "the city" or Tahoe. We drive all over to do the things we like.
I have no idea what the turnout will look like tonight but no escaping the fact that despite all their swag and false bravado, Dubs fans know the product is subpar and disappointing this year so why pay a premium to watch them when you can have a better view of the game and a cheaper night watching at home or the pub with friends. Meanwhile Kings fans already asked to pay 10x premium on local tickets can get away tickets for 1/4 of the price and all they have to do is drive a few hours and hop on BART? Why not?

We've heard light the beam chants at just about every arena we've claimed a win in since January, coast to coast and North and South. This is practically a home game for long suffering fans 17 years in wait. Sure going to be interesting.

Domas is going to have to go into Game 3 playing like he starts the game with two fouls.

It's frustrating that for as long as I can remember coaches/players/fans/owners can whine through the media and have it affect calls in the next game, but that's the reality.

I won't be surprised if Sabonis fouls out, just like he shouldn't be surprised if he's whistled for things he got away with in games 1 & 2.

He's got to play smart and keep himself on the court if possible.
This.Not saying he should suddenly become soft, but no over the back stuff.Kings can lose a few potential offensive boards if it means he stays on the court and plays his usual minutes.Be smart and give refs nothing until this whole "Sabonis is suddenly a very dirty player because we have no idea how to explain golden boys loosing and need to manufacture a scapegoat to hide our own bad takes before the series started" campaign blows over.