Guess the end result.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think the key matchup will be Barnes vs. Wiggins. In the first 3 Kings-Warriors matchups early in the season Barnes shot 1-1 and 0-4 in the 2 losses. That can't happen in the playoffs. He bounced back slightly to go 4-8 for 9 points in the win. Wiggins roasted us in all 3 games (24 points, 25 points, and 26 points while also being their best defender). If Barnes outplays Wiggins I like our chances. If Wiggins continues to roast us and/or Barnes disappears again, we either need Kevin and Keegan to both stay hot all series or we need Fox/Domas to be at their absolute best. This really could go either way but I'm a Kings fan so I said Kings in 7.

My only prediction is the Kings will be very good at jumping passing lanes and scoring in transition. Fox & co armed with Mike Brown's knowledge is gonna be a major disruption for the Warriors esp in game 1

The funny thing is, people have been so worried about Warrior fans flooding our building, but, what if that’s a blessing in disguise? I mean, we’re clearly more comfortable on the road for whatever reason. Maybe a little opposition in the crowd keeps us locked in for whatever reason.

I think the key matchup will be Barnes vs. Wiggins. In the first 3 Kings-Warriors matchups early in the season Barnes shot 1-1 and 0-4 in the 2 losses. That can't happen in the playoffs. He bounced back slightly to go 4-8 for 9 points in the win. Wiggins roasted us in all 3 games (24 points, 25 points, and 26 points while also being their best defender). If Barnes outplays Wiggins I like our chances. If Wiggins continues to roast us and/or Barnes disappears again, we either need Kevin and Keegan to both stay hot all series or we need Fox/Domas to be at their absolute best. This really could go either way but I'm a Kings fan so I said Kings in 7.
A game 1 win would make me feel a whole lot better. My Goodness.

This “excuse” doesn’t fly. We’ve seen other cities/fanbases do it. For home games.
Could be due to TV contract for playoffs (different TV deal than reg season).

Totally guessing here buy could be that reg season TV deals are negotiated by the team, and post season TV deals are negotiated by the NBA - basically meaning that the League is the primary owner of post season content (proceeds of which then roll back to the teams).

Last edited:
The Warrior side already getting on my very last nerve. Ew @ this level of jealousy

Says the homer that doesn't share this same attitude when Steph and Klay are in "heroic" mode.

I mean, seriously, Fitzcrybaby has been covering the NBA long enough to know that blowouts and comfortable Q4 leads aren't the norm. Even for the very best teams.

Him saying that seems very disingenuous and dismissive.

Could be due to TV contract for playoffs (different TV deal than reg season)
I was referring to playoff games. Milwaukee fans were watching on screens during their playoff title run. So were Toronto fans. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Warriors fans doing so during their multiple title runs too.

It's only once the KINGS are back in the postseason that suddenly there are NBA rules prohibiting it. :rolleyes:

It's even more ridiculous considering that ALL games are sold out and AVAILABILITY and PRICES are utterly ridiculous and shutting a lot of fans out.

I was referring to playoff games. Milwaukee fans were watching on screens during their playoff title run. So were Toronto fans. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Warriors fans doing so during their multiple title runs too.

It's only once the KINGS are back in the postseason that suddenly there are NBA rules prohibiting it. :rolleyes:

It's even more ridiculous considering that ALL games are sold out and AVAILABILITY and PRICES are utterly ridiculous and shutting a lot of fans out.
Prices are ridiculous I will give you that. Would be nice for them to show on screens. They do have the watch parties inside though... Gotta be quick to grab a ticket for that (free). Any word on when they are available?

Carmichael Dave said it’s because some pretty bad incidents happened in Milwaukee that ruined it for the rest of us

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
When I see something like this:

It reminds me what this is really all about. The only reason we have the privilege of hosting playoff games in our building is because these guys believed in each other and pushed each other to get us there. Whatever happens I know the Sacramento fans are going to make this playoff series the best party on the planet starting tomorrow night. The real joy in life is never at your destination anyway, it's the journey you take to get there right? However far this journey goes I know I'm going to look back and say that this time... this year, I enjoyed every minute of it. I love this team!

Kings can win the only thing I'am somewhat worried about in game 1 is a big adrenaline dump you see it all the time in combat sports when fighters reach a the biggest stage they come out guns blazing and than are cooked for the rest of the match. I could be wrong but I think we will see the best of the Kings from game 2 onwards.

The only two teams assuming health the Kings can't beat currently is Boston/Bucks and they won't have to face them till the Finals.

do you plan on going on a bender on 4/20?!?!?! You can still watch the game,’it’s nationally televised…;)
Kinda. My birthday is on 4/22 and my son is in town from Maine for a friends wedding that day. We’ve had a big get-together planned for the evening of 4/21 for quite a while now. I didn’t want to miss a game or have to watch via DVR later. So I’m quite thankful to discover the games are on Thursday and Sunday instead. Perfect timing for me.

Now I get to attend game parties with friends those nights. Same core group I was watching with back in 1999-2006.

I know. I’ve read/heard this same argument a couple times now. That if the Warriors go small, Domas will be in trouble trying to guard someone out on the perimeter. Which is certainly partially true.

However, if that someone is Draymond Green, bring it on.

Sure, Domas might get caught on switches or screen and roll or whatever and end up on Curry, Klay or Poole. But guess what naysayers? The reverse is also true.

When the Warriors go small, who is going to slow Domas in the post? Who is going to battle him for rebounds on both ends??

I’ve said this a million times. I’ll gladly take 65%+ of 2 point FG’s over 38-43% of threes. I’ll win. And get your team in more foul trouble than you’ll get mine.

Domas shot 61.5% from the field this season and 63.9% inside the arc. You consistently guard him with smaller, weaker players logic dictates he’ll shoot a higher percentage than that. So long as the Coach Brown and the KINGS focus on exploiting it.

If Domas shoots 65% plus on two point baskets, that’s 13 points for every 10 shots. That’s not including any fouls or free throws he might get on top of that.

The Warriors would have to shoot at least 43.4% from three in order to outscore the pace Domas sets. They’d have to shoot even better than that if Domas is drawing the occassional foul and/or 3 point ”and 1”.

I’d gladly take my chances with that math.

A popular take is "3 points is better than 2". People hear that and it makes sense from a one-dimensional standpoint. But when you add variables such as volume and percentage -- it's not so clear cut.

I'd take Shaq in his prime shooting 70%+ against smaller, overmatched defenders over any team needing to shoot at least 46.7% from 3 in order to keep pace with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.