[Game] Kings vs. Cavaliers, 11/09/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
NGL I was really scared after the start Brown would lose the team but actually seems like they've used that start and the two L2M screwjobs to light a fire.
One thing I haven't had to question with this team through 10 is effort and hustle. Man, it's been refreshing, but Brown has these guys fully bought in. Even that Warriors game where we let them drop 89 in the 1H, they still found a way to come out and fight the 2nd half to at least make it somewhat interesting into the 4th quarter.

I honestly think that was step 1 to fix with this franchise. Far too often it felt like guys were coasting or you didn't see anyone really giving it 100% out there besides Richaun Holmes. That's drastically changed this season and we've seen it top to bottom where everyone is going hard and looking to make a spark play. It may not always work (Or a lot of the time, especially tonight in the paint), but they still come fire back on the offensive end.

NGL I was really scared after the start Brown would lose the team but actually seems like they've used that start and the two L2M screwjobs to light a fire.
During the broadcast, someone mentioned that many players in this Cavs team are settling in for the long haul because they just signed new contracts. In a way, this Kings team is a little similar, guys we brought in like Monk, and Huerter are coming in on their fresh contracts, while the younger ones like Keegan and Davion are still playing out their rookie contracts, no one is eager to move on (Buddy), only the even-keeled Barnes is in the last year of his contract, which probably makes the Mike Brown buy-in much easier to follow.

Same. How do we get this every night?
Rely less on him being the secondary drive and dish guy and just let him get into the flow rather than trying to create the flow. There's been too much movement out of him this season. Once he gets settled then he'll start moving again. They really gave his looks last season to Murray early on. Tonight was the first time it looked like they can both find a middle ground and play the spacer role and grow from there.

One thing I haven't had to question with this team through 10 is effort and hustle. Man, it's been refreshing, but Brown has these guys fully bought in. Even that Warriors game where we let them drop 89 in the 1H, they still found a way to come out and fight the 2nd half to at least make it somewhat interesting into the 4th quarter.

I honestly think that was step 1 to fix with this franchise. Far too often it felt like guys were coasting or you didn't see anyone really giving it 100% out there besides Richaun Holmes. That's drastically changed this season and we've seen it top to bottom where everyone is going hard and looking to make a spark play. It may not always work (Or a lot of the time, especially tonight in the paint), but they still come fire back on the offensive end.
did the announce folks say that despite all the layups we gave, we held them without a single fast break point tonight? How is that even possible???

I believe in this team. We've gone through 10 games into the season, and just about each one has gone down to the wire. We haven't seen this much competitiveness and functionality since Adelman? Even under Joerger we'd win a tough game by 5pts one night, only to lose by 20pts against a tanking team.

It's really early in the season, but this is probably the best offensive Kings team since 2005? We look like we're running a legitimate offense with all the actions, hand offs, screens, passing, and ball movement. The unselfishness also speaks volume. Anyone remember when we'd have players frozen out of the offense? I don't feel like that here. Everyone touches the ball
Only game I can really remember where we got somewhat blown out was the Memphis game, and we kept it close until like the 4th. Like yo usaid, we have been pretty competitive in every game, and it's exciting.

Yeah, those are good points. Maybe the reason it's hard to pin down is that it isn't the same problem every night. Cleveland is a load for anyone so getting crushed on the boards isn't a surprise. The layup drill we allowed to Orlando's wings was more alarming. And it's not like we haven't seen Golden State go on crazy Steph Curry fueled runs before. So some of it is match-up related but this is the league -- you can't call yourself a playoff team unless you have solutions for other team's weapons. Our wings show flashes but aren't consistently strong. Our big rotation this season skews very strongly in favor of offense. I'm still waiting for the Neemias Queta show to begin in earnest. Maybe that's wishful thinking. A Clint Capela type would be a godsend.
I really, really want us to go get Jae Crowder. Maybe not for Barnes anymore after showing some signs of life here, but just having that kind of defensive enforcer on the wing is exactly what this core is missing. I think you could pretty easily interchange Murray/Barnes/Crowder.

This is the offensive balance that I’ve been waiting for. Kings can do some damage when both Barnes and Murray have good offensive games. Domas seems completely settled back into form. Fox consistent. Huerter consistent. Just need to be able to count on the forwards.

Monk was co-player of the game. Just a lot of high impact plays on both ends. Definetly 6th man of the year caliber talent. Probably could be a starter too if Barnes is more likely to struggle most nights. Also a good personality. Enjoying his post game interview.

Harrison is other player of the game. 20-9 is a great showing. If he can just give us a not too labored 12-16 points range a night with the occasional 20+ point burst then the Kings will be in very good shape. The Kings have been waiting on him.

Keegan returned to form. Shot the ball with confidence. Attacked the rim a few times with confidence though came up empty handed. Played defense with confidence. So perhaps Keegan has to get used to the road trips and grind and might show out more for home games for awhile.

Sabonis is playing great. No surprise the Kings were 0-4 when he played mediocre but 4-2 since he’s returned to form starting with the first Heat game.

Fox had a more quiet offensive game than I realized he was having until I looked at the box score and I thought something might’ve been wrong when he was still sitting near the 2 minute mark but he came in and made a big defensive play immediately.

Huerter had a big 4th. His cluster of points put the game on ice.

Mitchell played very well. Playing great defense in the 4th and made a couple nice baskets. Brown kept him in as long as he could to the point I was worried he was going to forget to put Fox back in. Bought Fox a lot of rest that paid off immediately.

Trey Lyles another strong game off the bench.

Metu also continues to earn some minutes. His streak of amazing +/- ends but he played well.

Kings match up very well with the Lakers. I expect them to win that game.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Keegan looked kind of different today.. he shot the ball quicker, he looked more aggressive and defined in his decision making. I wonder if he was a bit mad at his play or whatever has happened the past few games.

I really, really want us to go get Jae Crowder. Maybe not for Barnes anymore after showing some signs of life here, but just having that kind of defensive enforcer on the wing is exactly what this core is missing. I think you could pretty easily interchange Murray/Barnes/Crowder.
Wouldn't be mad if it was for Holmes, gets us out of a long term deal that doesn't feel very long term right now.

Keegan looked kind of different today.. he shot the ball quicker, he looked more aggressive and defined in his decision making. I wonder if he was a bit mad at his play or whatever has happened the past few games.
His teammates were looking for him too. Fox was directing him on both ends from what I saw.

Wouldn't be mad if it was for Holmes, gets us out of a long term deal that doesn't feel very long term right now.
Unfortunately Holmes may indeed be taking that K9/JT spot on the cap. Had to get out last deadline. Hopefully Monte can pull something off if Holmes doesn't come back into the rotation at some point and get those pick and rolls going.

I worry that's not something we can get until next year, but won't be the end of the world.
Well, we thought we got one, and he started the season for us, before now mostly seeing DNP-CD. Hope he can up his offensive game a bit over time, and find a way to stay on the floor. Over a long season, we will need him.

It was really nice to see a tight 9 man rotation. I really like Terrance Davis. I'm a big fan of Holmes. We have a lot of depth. But I am a big fan of picking 9 guys and letting them find defined roles and rotations. Giving TD 8 minutes doesn't help us if that takes Monk or Huerter out of a rhythm. We played 9 guys tonight and they all did their job. I don't mind benching Holmes and TD and using them only in case of injury, foul trouble, or need for a spark, if it means that the other 9 are going to get consistent run.

It was really nice to see a tight 9 man rotation. I really like Terrance Davis. I'm a big fan of Holmes. We have a lot of depth. But I am a big fan of picking 9 guys and letting them find defined roles and rotations. Giving TD 8 minutes doesn't help us if that takes Monk or Huerter out of a rhythm. We played 9 guys tonight and they all did their job. I don't mind benching Holmes and TD and using them only in case of injury, foul trouble, or need for a spark, if it means that the other 9 are going to get consistent run.
good set of assists and a lack of turnovers.

Hmmmm….I didn’t even realize Davis didn’t get in the game. I do think his game is a little too similar to Malik to make a lot of sense to be running them both in and out of the game.

I like TD, but man he is a loose cannon. He can shoot you in or out of a game and his hot head has drawn a couple of technicals that really hurt us in a couple of games already.

Until TD can show consistency and a level head, I would keep giving more minutes to Monk and Mitchell. TD may need to get his minutes playing some backup small ball 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.