2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

Color me most shocked that GP2, martin twins AND otto porter are still on the board. Though haven't seen warriors makena single deal. If i have read the money correctly though, the monk deal will take us up to the cap if we renounce lamb. That would give us the non-tax payer MLE to still work with and a BAE as well as $4M in trade exceptions. We could still pursue GP2 and a Martin twin. Im good staying away from John Collins. I think he will NOT fit woth Murray and a team of Fox, Monk, Collins, and Sabonis will be fighting for last in defensive rating.

Btw, i did posit to everyone that mike brown likes holmes and probably has good ideas for how to use him (zoomed with Holmes and his agent during WCFs and then Holmes was in the front row for his introductory presser).
Restricted Free agents rarely get any offers the first few days to week unles resigning with their current team.

Color me most shocked that GP2, martin twins AND otto porter are still on the board. Though haven't seen warriors makena single deal. If i have read the money correctly though, the monk deal will take us up to the cap if we renounce lamb. That would give us the non-tax payer MLE to still work with and a BAE as well as $4M in trade exceptions. We could still pursue GP2 and a Martin twin. Im good staying away from John Collins. I think he will NOT fit woth Murray and a team of Fox, Monk, Collins, and Sabonis will be fighting for last in defensive rating.

Btw, i did posit to everyone that mike brown likes holmes and probably has good ideas for how to use him (zoomed with Holmes and his agent during WCFs and then Holmes was in the front row for his introductory presser).
Really? I assumed Monk was an MLE signing. I didn't think the Kings had this kind of space. Not after picking up the Metu/Lyles contracts. I think in order to use space they'd have to renounce the MLE anyway. I'm pretty sure this IS the MLE.

Love bringing in Monk. Another guy who can fill it up. They already have some defensive oriented guards in TD and Davion. Find another 3 and D wing with good length and we are in a good spot……..swinging a deal for a dude would be great but I just don’t think there is anything in place.
I think we’re still sniffing around so something might happen. The 3 and D wing is likely to happen as well.

Well then. This has been quite underwhelming.

I guess we need to get started on a tank thread.
Haha, don't give up hope yet, no matter who they drafted or signed it was always on Fox/Domas. Monk brings some things to the table and at least it wasn't a full MLE contract at 4 years. That could have been a disaster. They didn't give up all flexibility yet if this doesn't pan out. They also showed Fox they are all in on him for sure. This is the first time this franchise has actually done this so it could very well work out. There's a lot of shooting on the roster now too so lets see where it goes first, lol.

Haha, don't give up hope yet, no matter who they drafted or signed it was always on Fox/Domas. Monk brings some things to the table and at least it wasn't a full MLE contract at 4 years. That could have been a disaster. They didn't give up all flexibility yet if this doesn't pan out. They also showed Fox they are all in on him for sure. This is the first time this franchise has actually done this so it could very well work out. There's a lot of shooting on the roster now too so lets see where it goes first, lol.
Man I don't know. Buddy was better a few years ago than Malik has ever been. Maybe the addition of Sabonis and some pure luck with Murray running for ROY might give us some excitement but I'm still gonna go see who is mocked at #9 in 2023 lol

Dig the player option, just in case, he can go for that 200 million a year earlier, lol. Brunson is a good player, might step up production wise, but I'm so glad this wasn't a Kings move, people would have been bashing this to no end and calling into question all the legitimacies of this. I mean, it looks dirty, smells dirty, is dirty, hahaha. Also this hurts the Mavs which might open a spot for the Kings or Blazers.

Man I don't know. Buddy was better a few years ago than Malik has ever been. Maybe the addition of Sabonis and some pure luck with Murray running for ROY might give us some excitement but I'm still gonna go see who is mocked at #9 in 2023 lol
This is a Fox favor and Malik is on a short term contract. Nothing to really fear here. If the team sucks next year they were going to anyway. Now, you can debate what the restart might look like after the lack of movement on draft night and today but that's another story that yes, probably ends in a Jason Thompson/Spencer Hawes type of pick, lol. Fox, Monk, Barnes, Murray, and Domas with TD, Davion, Holiday, Holmes off the bench is decent depth. The only non shooters on the roster right now are their centers.

Yeah, they signed Monk with almost all of the MLE. They have the BAE left. That's it. I'd be surprised to see them use it at this point. If they do they'll probably wait and see who is left hanging in a few days.
This whole time I’ve been thinking we could use trade exceptions for contracts, they just act as credit towards a trade we make, if we make one, this year. Kind of a buzz kill, I was hoping we could use those too.

These numbers are truly insane to think about in terms of real money. Lu Dort just signed a contract worth more than the entirety of Michael Jordan’s earnings as an NBA player. A quarter of a billion dollars for Jokic to play basketball for five years. Where did I go wrong in life
You were short and unathletic? Lol