KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this dogging ivey. I don't understand it. Everything about his game says he will at least be a top scorer. He's too athletic not to be. Also his jump shot is not fox. He's got touch and nothing says he can't be a great shooter, Def a better shooter than Ja. It's the killer instict that separates Ja from lets say fox. Fox use to jump out the building if we remember. Ivey can be that guy. Only thing that can stop him is our development

Listening to James Ham it did sound strange. Not like all agents are blockading the Kings but that the Kings simply aren't getting into any conversations with certain camps. For it to make any sense it has to be done to shroud their intentions with as much mystery as possible. Vlade would probably take Sochan at 5 so that's all you need to know.
When I listened to the "wouldn't be the worst place" interview from Ivey in it's entirety, Ivey sounded more frustrated with Sac than disinterested. Like he had no clue what the Kings intentions were, so he was moving on and focusing on teams who has shown interest.

Speaking of dev. Warriors didn't play kaminga much and I consider him a beast. Even when he barley played in playoffs I felt he could have had a better impact. Does brown have a problem playing rookies?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
All this dogging ivey. I don't understand it. Everything about his game says he will at least be a top scorer. He's too athletic not to be. Also his jump shot is not fox. He's got touch and nothing says he can't be a great shooter, Def a better shooter than Ja. It's the killer instict that separates Ja from lets say fox. Fox use to jump out the building if we remember. Ivey can be that guy. Only thing that can stop him is our development
So saying he isn't a generational talent ala Luka Doncic is "dogging" him?

So saying he isn't a generational talent ala Luka Doncic is "dogging" him?
I'd say that's the friendliest comment. All this he can't shoot, plays no defense, hates kings, he's no ja comments don't make sense honestly to me. Fox and Ja was on same level until meph got better. Looking at Ivey highlights he's def got some Ja bounce on him. Neither one got edwards bounce imo who is just disgusting

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Speaking of dev. Warriors didn't play kaminga much and I consider him a beast. Even when he barley played in playoffs I felt he could have had a better impact. Does brown have a problem playing rookies?
I believe even when Kerr was out for a few games in the WCF with the 'rona he set the lineups.

At what point do you evaluate yourself if you’re not seeing what apparently everyone else does? So many other teams want to trade for this guy, and they’re not just jokers on the internet who have watched highlight vids to get hype.
If you're the Kings you're continuously evaluating yourself as it is a part of the spiral of self-doubt.

Key question is will we take it (Slow) with any rookie we pick and drain all the (I'm a star confidence out of him) before we give him some keys or let the rooks play! Remember Joseph taking fox minutes?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I'd say that's the friendliest comment. All this he can't shoot, plays no defense, hates kings, he's no ja comments don't make sense honestly to me. Fox and Ja was on same level until meph got better. Looking at Ivey highlights he's def got some Ja bounce on him. Neither one got edwards bounce imo who is just disgusting
There's a lot of debate on whether he's an off guard or a point guard. He seems to have play making ability while not being the primary, so yeah I think Ja is not the right comp for him. I don't think this is bashing, it's just trying to keep expectations in check.

fwiw I think we desperately need a stretch 4 who can guard 3-5 far more than we need any type of guard. But if we did draft a guard I'd also prefer someone who can swing 2-3 like Benn rather than a pure guard who *might* be a PG. I'll be happy if we draft Ivey because I think Monte can see through the hype and smoke, but I also know we have no shot at the playoffs without the above.

It's a hypocritical argument anyway. Yeah, he's no Ja, but he could very well be the next Mitchell. And no, you probably don't pass up that kind of potential, the Kings did once on Donovan when many on this board we're saying to just take the kid and Mitchell hadn't nearly shown the upside Ivey had by draft time. This shows you how those types of innate abilities can translate to the modern game and the impact they can have when used properly. Ivey could certainly bust, but anyone can. Those athletic tools aren't disappearing though unless something injury wise happened. He's going to break down defenses and get to the line even if the PG skills never get to an elite level.

I think you are taking some of the comments in the wrong way. I’m saying that Murray is a legit option at 4 even with no trade. If Monte takes either one, then we are better. I’m just pointing out a lot of talk out there that Murray can be the better player. If it was that easy to pick out stars of the draft, it wouldn’t be that fun.

I think you are taking some of the comments in the wrong way. I’m saying that Murray is a legit option at 4 even with no trade. If Monte takes either one, then we are better. I’m just pointing out a lot of talk out there that Murray can be the better player. If it was that easy to pick out stars of the draft, it wouldn’t be that fun.
That's true, but it's pretty clear that Ivey is the guy at 4 according to most teams since Woj has spoken. I think the talk of backend teams trying to trade up for Murray is a load of garbage to now drop that asking price. If a team wants to trade for Murray they'll wait for him to be selected then make their move then not before.

One thing is for sure, if Monte doesn’t get some 6’8” wings in here, we won’t win enough….I mean good wings. If we don’t take Ivey, the guard rotation of Mitchell and DDV and Davis can all play D. Fox will have to do it consistently. I think Brown can work with that stable. Murray and Barnes and then hopefully 1 more addition (J Grant?) at least gives Brown a chance.

If I was picking 4, I pick Ivey.
I like Murray + asset, or Daniel's plus asset(s). The Arizona guy is also intriguing.
Schohan reminded me of Dennis Rodman in the ncaa tournament. Instigating and flopping, grabbing boards. Seems redundant with Sabonas
If we ended up with Bey, Murray, and still have HB - seems redundant as well.

Random thoughts...

Key question is will we take it (Slow) with any rookie we pick and drain all the (I'm a star confidence out of him) before we give him some keys or let the rooks play! Remember Joseph taking fox minutes?
Yeah. I'm much more concerned with the Kings commitment to maximizing the draftees potential than I am about who they pick.

If the team doesn't put a player in a position to succeed, any draft pick will look bad. This is why agents don't want their clients drafted by this organization.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
If Fox and Ivey were in the same draft and available to us would we go ivey or still draft fox?
Fox put up better numbers as a Freshman with a tougher schedule (and was a year younger coming out), Ivey did significantly up his 3pt % his sophomore year (they both shot in the mid 20s as frosh).

I think Fox if we're being honest.

Yeah. I'm much more concerned with the Kings commitment to maximizing the draftees potential than I am about who they pick.

If the team doesn't put a player in a position to succeed, any draft pick will look bad. This is why agents don't want their clients drafted by this organization.
This is another good point. Ivey has that upside and is a year and half younger than Murray. If Murray doesn't come in right away and produce teams are going to start wondering. Just like they did with Davion. Ivey has some wiggle room there. If Murray is filling the role of Trey Lyles or Metu on this team then putting together a blockbuster package at the deadline highlighted by Davion/Murray/picks won't match one with Ivey in that spot.

There's a lot of debate on whether he's an off guard or a point guard. He seems to have play making ability while not being the primary, so yeah I think Ja is not the right comp for him. I don't think this is bashing, it's just trying to keep expectations in check.

fwiw I think we desperately need a stretch 4 who can guard 3-5 far more than we need any type of guard. But if we did draft a guard I'd also prefer someone who can swing 2-3 like Benn rather than a pure guard who *might* be a PG. I'll be happy if we draft Ivey because I think Monte can see through the hype and smoke, but I also know we have no shot at the playoffs without the above.
Isn't Barnes a stretch 4?

yeah, if I had to make a wild guess recon we’re moving up and selecting Chet.
He has come out and said how the Gonzaga connection with Sabonis is a good fit and I can’t argue that.
It might explain the the lack of workouts and Monte is proving to have a tight lip while swinging for the fence.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
‘Dude was getting absolutely roasted on defense to the point Kerr and Brown had to play Bjeli instead of him on that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.