KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 percent? Well, that's up to him because he has the tools for sure. This is why they chose Brown. I'm still far more concerned about a player not having the physical abilities to play defense in the modern game. You can bust your hump all you want but that boulder won't be going up that hill unless you have the feet to stay in front and length to switch. Also, ask the Celtics about guard defense. Another DPOY at one of the two lost positions on defense of yesteryear PG/C got swallowed by the modern rules. You need firepower to win against the gatekeepers and potential gatekeepers to a championship.
2 years of being a bad defender in college playing for one of the better defensive coaches and growing up with a mom who coaches at the collegiate level. He could be a good defender but we have said that about a lot of players.

2 years of being a bad defender in college playing for one of the better defensive coaches and growing up with a mom who coaches at the collegiate level. He could be a good defender but we have said that about a lot of players.
I just don’t count on 6’4” and under guards to be a significant positive on the defensive end. I think being a net neutral is a big win.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I just don’t count on 6’4” and under guards to be a significant positive on the defensive end. I think being a net neutral is a big win.
Yeah, it could probably be argued that 6'4" and under guards who are great defenders like Holliday or Smart are rarer than 6'4" and under guards who are explosive athletes (Morant, Fox, Westbrook, Wall, Sexton, etc.). You could probably argue that the explosive athletes might have a great net impact than those defensive guards but in the modern NBA point of attack defensive guards are pretty hard to find.

My mothers side of the family is from Cleveland, so I also follow Cleveland sports. Chopz is actually pretty good (at least when it comes to the browns). I haven’t seen him throw out awful one side trade suggestions. The Cavs I think should go after Eason. They have refused to use any major capital on acquiring a small forward that isn’t LeBron.

The Cavs are like the parents that keep their sons room in order long after moving out in hopes he one day comes back.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Replace KCP with Deni and... maybe if I'm a little tipsy?
I mean, #4 and Holmes for #6, #31, Rui, Deni, and a '23 first is a fantastic deal if Ivey doesn't turn out to be the best player in the draft. We'd probably have to throw in contracts just to clear space for all the picks we'd have. But I'm not sure I'd even have to be tipsy to like it (ask me tomorrow morning).

Yeah, it could probably be argued that 6'4" and under guards who are great defenders like Holliday or Smart are rarer than 6'4" and under guards who are explosive athletes (Morant, Fox, Westbrook, Wall, Sexton, etc.). You could probably argue that the explosive athletes might have a great net impact than those defensive guards but in the modern NBA point of attack defensive guards are pretty hard to find.
With high picks I generally stick to drafting guards for offense and bigs for defense. Just like it’s rare to see 6’4” and under guards having a big time impact on defense it’s rare to see big men provide elite offense. They of course exist, but I wouldn’t use a high pick on a big that was a bad defender in college that’s looking to project offensively. It’s why I’m not high on Banchero. Chances are he won’t be an elite offensive big and we know he wasn’t a dominant defender in college.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really have any interest in Hachimura.

Rather than the Wizards, I'd include the Hornets.

SAC sends: #4, #37, Holmes, Len, Holiday, Harkless, Davis, Metu
SAC gets: #6, #15, #32, Washington, Duarte, Oubre, 2023 FRP

IND sends: #6, #31, Brogdon, Duarte, 2023 FRP
IND gets: #4, Len, Plumlee, Harkless, Holiday, Metu

CHA sends: #15, Washington, Plumlee, Oubre
CHA gets: #37, Brogdon, Holmes, Davis

And the 2023 FRP from CLE goes to the Kings unless the Hornets need more to make this deal.

I don't know if the Kings can trade Holiday back to the Pacers (I believe they can in a multiplayer deal) but this I'd definitely consider.

I'm assuming the Pistons take Murray so the Kings take Daniels at 6 and Eason at 15 and maybe Wendell Moore Jr at 31

C Sabonis/Jones or Hartenstein/Queta
PF Washington/Lyles/Eason
SF Barnes/Oubre/Moore
SG DiVincenzo/Daniels/Duarte
PG Fox/Mitchell/FA

That's a pretty versatile team. I'd give Daniels minutes backing up the 2 & 3, and Washington minutes as a smallball 5 when the matchups work.

The Pacers get their man in Ivey and a ton of 2023 cap relief when they move Brogdon for a bunch of enders. Plumlee is only partially guaranteed until just after the draft if they want to waive him .

The Hornets get a great guard trio by adding Brogdon to Melo and Rozier, a bench scorer in Davis and Holmes as a starting center that matches better with Ball and is more necessary now that Harrell likely gets suspended. If Charlotte would prefer Duarte to Davis, that's fine too.

Last edited:
I mean, #4 and Holmes for #6, #31, Rui, Deni, and a '23 first is a fantastic deal if Ivey doesn't turn out to be the best player in the draft. We'd probably have to throw in contracts just to clear space for all the picks we'd have. But I'm not sure I'd even have to be tipsy to like it (ask me tomorrow morning).
Yeah that's an insane deal. I take that in a second. I almost don't need Rui; 6-31-2023 FRP-Deni and we get to walk out with Daniels or Murray at 6? Oi vey.

Ivey would have to be a generational guard for that not to be worth it.

I don't really have any interest in Hachimura.

Rather than the Wizards, I'd include the Hornets.

SAC sends: #4, #37, Holmes, Len, Holiday, Harkless, Davis, Metu
SAC gets: #6, #15, #32, Washington, Duarte, Oubre, 2023 FRP

IND sends: #6, #31, Brogdon, Duarte, 2023 FRP
IND gets: #4, Len, Plumlee, Harkless, Holiday, Metu

CHA sends: #15, Washington, Plumlee, Oubre
CHA gets: #37, Brogdon, Holmes, Davis

And the 2023 FRP from CLE goes to the Kings unless the Hornets need more to make this deal.

I don't know if the Kings can trade Holiday back to the Pacers (I believe they can in a multiplayer deal) but this I'd definitely consider.

I'm assuming the Pistons take Murray so the Kings take Daniels at 6 and Eason at 15 and maybe Wendell Moore Jr at 31

C Sabonis/Jones or Hartenstein/Queta
PF Washington/Lyles/Eason
SF Barnes/Oubre/Moore
SG DiVincenzo/Daniels/Duarte
PG Fox/Mitchell/FA

That's a pretty versatile team. I'd give Daniels minutes backing up the 2 & 3, and Washington minutes as a smallball 5 when the matchups work.
I appreciate you not giving up on the PJ dream. It irks me that nothing with CHA is probably going to happen when like 3 or 4 trades make so much sense involving Holmes and several of their pieces.

The Warriors and Celtics were literally the two best defenses in the league.
Team defense yes, but def overrated as far as individual defense. We are getting thr defense coach. And we are not getting 4 new defensive players in the draft sir, are strength is offense and we should build on that not tear it down or expect one rookie to solve our defensive issues. (See Davion)

Also everyone talking about this defense also forget that all the top teams have at least two top offensive players in the league (minus Dallas). WE don't have that. Sabonis is a 3rd option a dam good one but more a connector than a major threat. We need a 2nd scorer next to fox. Ivey is the pick, or trade down snag grant and sharpe. Those are the only options unless chet falls of course

gunks

Hall of Famer

missed this yesterday but the Thunder randomly deciding to take Ivey at 2 would be awesome for my blood pressure come Thursday.
I think this could be tied to all the worries about Chet's health. I don't think he's a top 2 lock anymore, and honestly would be pretty sketchy with drafting him at 4 without medical records/NBA heart test.

Weds could get pretty wild.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think this could be tied to all the worries about Chet's health. I don't think he's a top 2 lock anymore, and honestly would be pretty sketchy with drafting him at 4 without medical records/NBA heart test.

Weds could get pretty wild.
Honestly, for all we know it could be the other way around - perhaps OKC is crazy about Chet and not so crazy about Smith. So if Orlando goes with Chet, OKC might have Ivey #2 on their board, and just take him. That could potentially leave us a situation where Banchero goes #3 and Smith falls to us.

That's not crazy to me, because I'm not convinced Smith is the #1 guy in this draft. From an offensive point of view, at this point he's not really a guy you give the ball to and say "get us a bucket". He spreads the floor real well, and he can defend, and man, he's a nice fit for us. But a healthy Chet is a unicorn, and Banchero can get his own buckets and we'd be drooling all over Ivey if our backcourt weren't set...so maybe, just maybe, Smith is the guy to fall to us.

Honestly, for all we know it could be the other way around - perhaps OKC is crazy about Chet and not so crazy about Smith. So if Orlando goes with Chet, OKC might have Ivey #2 on their board, and just take him. That could potentially leave us a situation where Banchero goes #3 and Smith falls to us.

That's not crazy to me, because I'm not convinced Smith is the #1 guy in this draft. From an offensive point of view, at this point he's not really a guy you give the ball to and say "get us a bucket". He spreads the floor real well, and he can defend, and man, he's a nice fit for us. But a healthy Chet is a unicorn, and Banchero can get his own buckets and we'd be drooling all over Ivey if our backcourt weren't set...so maybe, just maybe, Smith is the guy to fall to us.
You could make a lot of money in vegas if the draft falls that way haha

It's funny. All this "let's trade up for Jaden Ivy" talk, but, i know the second we draft him for ourselves, those very same people are gonna pull the "lolz Kangz! What're they doing??" BS. I don't really care what they think, but i'm 1 thousand percent sure that will be the prevailing thought and commentary. :rolleyes:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It's funny. All this "let's trade up for Jaden Ivy" talk, but, i know the second we draft him for ourselves, those very same people are gonna pull the "lolz Kangz! What're they doing??" BS. I don't really care what they think, but i'm 1 thousand percent sure that will be the prevailing thought and commentary. :rolleyes:
Na, we can only make one right move here. We trade the pick? It’s lol Kangz. We draft anyone else? It’s LOLKANGZ

We take Ivey (or whoever is there at four), we’re golden

gunks

Hall of Famer

That's actually my dream scenario haha

I think it all rides on Chet going #1, and there were a lot of questions around that before the marfans rumors started going around.

What's funny is some people are saying he's just trying to force his way to us because he likes the fit with Sabonis. Imagine that!

Entity

Hall of Famer

You would not be able to shut me up if we got Jabari and I’m not real sure why. I mean I see everything he can do but you are right he is not a lebron, kobe, ect. Essentially he is a more athletic Harrison Barnes. Which brings me to my next personal issue. Why do I want Barnes traded? He is as solid of a role player as they come but does posses ability to carry on any given night. The main question we need to ask ourselves is can Fox be what we need him to be? It’s been 5 years has he reached his ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.