Moses Moody vs James Bouknight: Better rookie year?

Who had the better Rookie year?

• Moses Moody

• James Bouknight

• Tie: No winner

Results are only viewable after voting.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I've donated to a charity, of my choosing, because the poll is a popularity contest. I even paid the transaction charge and 3x amount of the bet. Thought about matching PDX, but I don't want to flex as hard as him.
Call it what you will but it's the standard amount I give when I am able.

Glad you pitched in, whatever the amount.

Call it what you will but it's the standard amount I give when I am able.

Glad you pitched in, whatever the amount.
Our usual: set up a DAF. Donate appreciated stock. You control the timing of donations plus any future appreciation, get the write off, and save on cap gains.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Our usual: set up a DAF. Donate appreciated stock. You control the timing of donations plus any future appreciation, get the write off, and save on cap gains.
Well so then you can at least appreciate why I called you out.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I don’t know your reasons, but ours are completely selfish. Tax savings. Outside of charity bets, of course. ;):eek:
I knew you were paying this out of gains and it was essentially free money. I'm actually a little surprised you're so cavalierly admitting it now after the fact.

I knew you were paying this out of gains and it was essentially free money. I'm actually a little surprised you're so cavalierly admitting it now after the fact.
Your stipulation was that the charity be a 503c. Only reason for such a stipulation is the tax deduction, no?

I'm not denying what I did, but I wasn't involved in the bet either.
I mean, sure. Just a little puzzled by the I'm surprised you're admitting it comment, since you said you would only donate to a 503c, which equals tax savings. I mean, I don't see anything to be ashamed of. It's the tax system. Was designed as such to fund non-profs. Everyone wins. Sure, you may win a little more, if you donate appreciated stocks rather than cash, but the outcomes are the same--you save on taxes, the charity gets $.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
good grief. I'm not calling you out for taking a tax deduction, I was calling you out for not wanting to pay off a bet under the conditions agreed for an amount that appears to be pocket change for you.

we're done.