Moses Moody vs James Bouknight: Better rookie year?

Who had the better Rookie year?

• Moses Moody

• James Bouknight

• Tie: No winner

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've donated to a charity, of my choosing, because the poll is a popularity contest. I even paid the transaction charge and 3x amount of the bet. Thought about matching PDX, but I don't want to flex as hard as him.
Call it what you will but it's the standard amount I give when I am able.

Glad you pitched in, whatever the amount.

Call it what you will but it's the standard amount I give when I am able.

Glad you pitched in, whatever the amount.
Our usual: set up a DAF. Donate appreciated stock. You control the timing of donations plus any future appreciation, get the write off, and save on cap gains.

I don’t know your reasons, but ours are completely selfish. Tax savings. Outside of charity bets, of course. ;):eek:
I knew you were paying this out of gains and it was essentially free money. I'm actually a little surprised you're so cavalierly admitting it now after the fact.

I knew you were paying this out of gains and it was essentially free money. I'm actually a little surprised you're so cavalierly admitting it now after the fact.
Your stipulation was that the charity be a 503c. Only reason for such a stipulation is the tax deduction, no?

I'm not denying what I did, but I wasn't involved in the bet either.
I mean, sure. Just a little puzzled by the I'm surprised you're admitting it comment, since you said you would only donate to a 503c, which equals tax savings. I mean, I don't see anything to be ashamed of. It's the tax system. Was designed as such to fund non-profs. Everyone wins. Sure, you may win a little more, if you donate appreciated stocks rather than cash, but the outcomes are the same--you save on taxes, the charity gets $.

good grief. I'm not calling you out for taking a tax deduction, I was calling you out for not wanting to pay off a bet under the conditions agreed for an amount that appears to be pocket change for you.

we're done.