[Game] Kings @ Wizards, 2/12/2022, 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to see how teams are countering the Kings. Clogging cutting lanes in the paint. Going to need consistent three point shooting to beat the good teams.
Yeah, it will help for sure but if Harkless can regain his every other year form, Lamb can get near his pre-injury numbers, and Donte can round back into shape, then it might be fine for now. Metu needs to stop turning down open ones though! I liked how they used the post from PG/SF/PF/C tonight. When teams filled the lanes they went opposite and pounded them. Haven't seen that kind of versatile, multi-positional post play in a loooong time.

They seemed to do alright with each other last year. There's really no obvious answer IMO. I just hope it wasn't Fox sulking because he thought Hali was stealing the spotlight. I'd want my star player to be mentally tougher than that.
Tyrese is a team-first, very unselfish player. HB is a team-first, unselfish player. Sabonis seems to be the same.

I believe that Fox is different. If he doesn't get his, he's not going to be happy regardless of team success. He's gonna get his shots up regardless of what else is working, who else is on, whether or not he himself is on. He has shot well the last couple games, but there'll be games when he's not shooting well and other guys are. This team will be at its best if he's willing to defer on such nights. Will he?

We'll see.

He'll continue to start over Mitchell and should. Davion simply too small (better as 6th man) getting intimidated going to the rim at NBA level, falling to convert too often. That is not the same with Holiday who has both offense inside out game and the length to make plays on defensive end just as good as Mitchell, arguably better deflections, rebounds, etc.
Between Lamb, Davion, Holiday, and DDV and even Jackson you can spin a wheel based on need night to night. I agree though. Can't really get a better defensive combo for the weaknesses of Fox/Sabonis than Holiday, Harkless, and Barnes. The Kings went from the most antiquated team on the perimeter to potentially the most versatile. WOW.

Tyrese is a team-first, very unselfish player. HB is a team-first, unselfish player. Sabonis seems to be the same.

I believe that Fox is different. If he doesn't get his, he's not going to be happy regardless of team success. He's gonna get his shots up regardless of what else is working, who else is on, whether or not he himself is on. He has shot well the last couple games, but there'll be games when he's not shooting well and other guys are. This team will be at its best if he's willing to defer on such nights. Will he?

We'll see.
We got rid of the dumb b-ball IQ players and replaced them smart ones. That’s literally what changed the team so quickly.

Bill Waltons son literally pushed him to SG and was preaching that the team be like Haliburton. I’d be pissed too if you took the rock from me after I had all Star numbers the year prior.

Haliburton will be a great player but he will never even be a #2 cause he can’t create his own shot.

HB had a 13-game streak earlier this year when he didn't get to 20. That was part of a 25-game streak in which he hit 20 (exactly) once.

He has now scored 20+ for 5 consecutive games on 64% shooting and (officially) 11 FGA/game.

We'll see.
This team hasn't had any success in order to make such a claim.

True, but Fox was still able to get his in the 4th. It looked like they moved Domas farther out to open space.
He can play pretty much anywhere on the floor. Pushing him further out created a bit more space. He’s a special player and will be so for a long time because it’s skill not athleticism. The game opened up on the offensive side of the ball when the Kings started hitting their threes. Going to need those role players to continue hitting threes to beat the good teams.

HB had a 13-game streak earlier this year when he didn't get to 20. That was part of a 25-game streak in which he hit 20 (exactly) once.

He has now scored 20+ for 5 consecutive games on 64% shooting and (officially) 11 FGA/game.

HB can be infuriating. He can completely disappear for weeks at a time and then average 25 points on 8 shots for a couple weeks straight and it's not like Buddy where he just goes cold from the field. He just disappears for whatever reason.

Good win.

What I liked most about it is it looked almost exactly like it did on Wednesday which tells me that this team is finally in possession of a consistent offensive identity…and its only been two games and it doesn’t look like a team integrating major pieces which tells me it’s going to get even better.

Everybody touching the ball. Getting easy paths to the basket. If the first play doesn’t work..throw it back to Domas and move again. This wasn’t just opening things up for Fox and Barnes…but we see the open shots Holiday, Harkless, Davion, Donte, Metu are getting.

Also, Davion and Donte were causing havoc defensively in the third. It completely changed the game

Just 4 days ago, we know the game is over when the team falls behind 13. Today, I was pretty confident they would be able to keep the ball rolling offensively to be right there when the Wizards came back to earth.

And most of all, they have been fun to watch these last two games and I don’t think it’s just novelty. They’re actually playing fun.

We got rid of the dumb b-ball IQ players and replaced them smart ones. That’s literally what changed the team so quickly.

Bill Waltons son literally pushed him to SG and was preaching that the team be like Haliburton. I’d be pissed too if you took the rock from me after I had all Star numbers the year prior.

Haliburton will be a great player but he will never even be a #2 cause he can’t create his own shot.
If Haliburton were a 7 foot tall bruiser, it would have worked. Well, I mean they could have built the team around a combo G combo too though but still. In the end, you always want someone that can put their foot up their mans backside. Skill, unselfish, there's room for that. But you always need that one dude. Fox has shown he can potentially be that dude if you let him.

The Wizards stink, so this is less “Maybe we’re good” and more “WE DONT SUCK ANYMORE!”

But that’s a good direction to be moving! Lets goooooooooo
Beating the Wiz without Beal is nothing to be excited about. BUT they shot well in the first half, played with energy, and didn't turn the ball over. They played really well. As did the Wolves in the first half a couple nights ago.

In both games the Kings stayed with a hot team and then wore them down/pulled away in the second half and especially the 4th quarter. That's a very promising sign.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man, of all the things to be hype about, near the top of my list is DDV. If he gets even a semblance of his shot… just unreal we got him for Bagley.

I’m floored by his court speed. Dude was flying EVERYWHERE. Looked almost out of control but was going where he was supposed to with it.

Is that how he always plays?!

It's fine to be wrong. I was wrong about the Ty trade (I'm still upset about losing him). It's why none of us was trusted to be called upon to run the team.
I wanted them to go more modern, but in the trades Monte kind of did both so in the end, whatever. Whatever team they have now, they just have to use it right and so far, so good. If you're picking BPA and they don't fit your star, Monte did this the exact way it needs to be done, even if it doesn't pan out in the end. Good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.