Blow It Up

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Cam Reddish has been one of the worst players in the league the last 2 years. Yes he's young and could grow into something but it's a reflection of just how terrible our wing depth is that Kings fans would actually be upset that another team traded a first round pick for him. He's a guy you take a flyer on as a free agent when his contract expires in a year because he's cheap and might fit a need. And maybe by year 4 or 5 he'll be shooting better than 40% overall.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd love to have Reddish. Bagley for Reddish. Buddy for Reddish. The idiot Kings continue with their idiocy. This inaction has Vivek the Idiot written all over it. Just dither and ponder and waffle you idiots. My disdain for this organization cannot get any lower.

I'd love to have Reddish. Bagley for Reddish. Buddy for Reddish. The idiot Kings continue with their idiocy. This inaction has Vivek the Idiot written all over it. Just dither and ponder and waffle you idiots. My disdain for this organization cannot get any lower.
While I don’t disagree with your conclusion regarding idiocy, I don’t know if this Reddish situation or the lack a move yet are actual examples of it. We simply don’t have enough insight into what discussions have/are going on at this point. Maybe we offered Bagley and/or Buddy and ATL hung up…maybe we’re looking to make a much larger move first and need specific assets in place to make it work…who knows.

I’m sure there are plenty of concrete examples of front office failures to pull from…no need for conjecture.

You're the ATL GM. You're offered Marvin Bagley for Cam Reddish or a protected FRP for Reddish. What are you taking?

Drinking Game—Things Monte Will Say Tomorrow:

1. Sometimes, no move is the best move.
2. No, Vivek is not interfering.
3. I like IBMs.
4. I like all my players.
5. Financial flexibility is always a priority.
6. The Kings will make the playoffs.
7. Tankathon is my home page.
8. I love left handed players.
9. I’m renting a place is Sac not buying.
10. I’m looking for a place back in Houston for a move this off season.

Last edited:

Drinking Game—Things Monte Will Say Tomorrow

3. I like IBMs.
can we do one of these for forum members? :D

Drinking Game—Things Monte Will Say Tomorrow:

3. I like IBMs.
How about keeping all paths open

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bagley, particularly if I'm looking at shopping Collins. But then again, maybe there's a reason Atlanta never called me when they last had a GM opening.
Atlanta’s probably doing this in prep for a larger move as well so that FRP is infinitely more valuable to them as an asset than Bagley’s expiring, considering they’ve got plenty of other cap filler options already on their roster.
I’m sensing there was some undisclosed locker room/off the court friction with Reddish that hasn’t been disclosed either.

Welp, there's that. I dont think that takes the vets off the table, but it very likely takes Fox off the table in any trades.
Not necessarily. He just said we wouldn’t punt and rebuild. That doesn’t mean players won’t be traded. Fox could still be used in a Ben Simmons trade and that wouldn’t be punting and rebuilding.

Not necessarily. He just said we wouldn’t punt and rebuild. That doesn’t mean players won’t be traded. Fox could still be used in a Ben Simmons trade and that wouldn’t be punting and rebuilding.
I agree. I take it as more of not going through “the process” or what okc is doing. We arent unloading our guys for picks or prospects. Trading for sabonis, simmons, Turner, Collins etc isn’t punting and rebuilding.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Welp, there's that. I dont think that takes the vets off the table, but it very likely takes Fox off the table in any trades.
Cool. Can’t wait until nothing happens because we’re totally actually talented, and that second round pick for a Delon Wright / Kent Bazemore is totally the move that takes us to the sweet sweet promised land of getting thrashed in the play-in.

Cool. Can’t wait until nothing happens because we’re totally actually talented, and that second round pick for a Delon Wright / Kent Bazemore is totally the move that takes us to the sweet sweet promised land of getting thrashed in the play-in.
yup. If he doesn't want to punt off, that's fine (Still think that's clearly a mistake), but you can't continue forward with the same expensive core. Winning on the fringes doesn't cut it 1 year and a half in.

I don’t think this is the right approach to take.
We are not a destination for free agents.
Wr do not have the talent to contend.
There do not appear to be any trades available which would substantially improve the core. And it would take a lot to make this team a title contender. We do not have draft capital with a sufficiently large probability of nabbing a top pick.
We might be able to improve enough to sneak into the play in. But we are not likely to be serious contenders.
I am tired of this team running back the same patchwork improvement year in and year out.
I don’t care about the playoff if it doesn’t mean serious title contention.

yup. If he doesn't want to punt off, that's fine (Still think that's clearly a mistake), but you can't continue forward with the same expensive core. Winning on the fringes doesn't cut it 1 year and a half in.
If the Simmons thing doesn't happen ( I'm inclined to believe it won't) Monte will have some tough decisions to make at the deadline and this offseason. One of Fox, Haliburton or Mitchell is likely the best way via trade to upgrade the roster but they have varying degrees of value. Fox has good value but only to a limited number of teams. Haliburton's peek value is probably 2-3 years away. Mitchell is probably not worth much at this point. Barnes has value but then you are left with no wings. Buddy is Buddy.

Monte has made 7 trades in his tenure. He seems like an active guy but there has to be a willing trade partner. I like some of the targets posted on this board (Advija, P Williams, PJ Washington, Okongwu) I think if you can get one of those types, hit on another couple draft picks and either take on contracts for picks or hold off and clear the books you might have at least a path to competitiveness.

If the Simmons thing doesn't happen ( I'm inclined to believe it won't) Monte will have some tough decisions to make at the deadline and this offseason. One of Fox, Haliburton or Mitchell is likely the best way via trade to upgrade the roster but they have varying degrees of value. Fox has good value but only to a limited number of teams. Haliburton's peek value is probably 2-3 years away. Mitchell is probably not worth much at this point. Barnes has value but then you are left with no wings. Buddy is Buddy.

Monte has made 7 trades in his tenure. He seems like an active guy but there has to be a willing trade partner. I like some of the targets posted on this board (Advija, P Williams, PJ Washington, Okongwu) I think if you can get one of those types, hit on another couple draft picks and either take on contracts for picks or hold off and clear the books you might have at least a path to competitiveness.
I listened to the clips that CD posted and Monte sounds like a dude, who knows his seat is getting HOT. Tick tock.

I don’t care about the playoff if it doesn’t mean serious title contention.
This is a popular take on this forum and a sure fire way to never enjoy watching your favorite sports teams. You could make an argument that 5-6 teams have a realistic chance at winning the championship in any given year, usually less. I get it, and I held that belief at one time but have since stopped taking sports so seriously. Sometimes its ok to have a team that is fun to watch and at least competitive. My cubs were lovable losers forever before they won the World series. Some of the highest attendance and tv viewership in the league. Since the win, a lot of cubs fans have become jaded and are pissed with the direction of the team even after making the playoffs nearly every year.

This is a popular take on this forum and a sure fire way to never enjoy watching your favorite sports teams. You could make an argument that 5-6 teams have a realistic chance at winning the championship in any given year, usually less. I get it, and I held that belief at one time but have since stopped taking sports so seriously. Sometimes its ok to have a team that is fun to watch and at least competitive. My cubs were lovable losers forever before they won the World series. Some of the highest attendance and tv viewership in the league. Since the win, a lot of cubs fans have become jaded and are pissed with the direction of the team even after making the playoffs nearly every year.
I see what you mean and I’d even be willing to downgrade that I want a team that can make a playoff run. Not a last place play in team and a first round bounce. That’s all this team is capable of.