Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Although I'm convinced they're a better team, when Alex Len plays
But that's probably when the Kings should be running their smaller lineups to be honest.

Len is our best drop defender and sets great screens on offense. He can help smooth some of the inherent holes that come with playing small that Thompson and our collection of random power forwards can't.

Last edited:
But that's probably when the Kings should be running their smaller lineups to be honest.

Len is our best drop defender and sets great screens on offense. He can help smooth some of the inherent holes that come with playing small that Thompson and our collection of random power forwards can.
I can't think of any reason that Tristan Thompson is playing more than Len, if winning is really the goal. Maybe they want to try to include Thompson in a trade?

let's play a prediction game. How many more games does Walton last?
He’s only lost one in a row! We at LEAST need to get one of our 9 gamers cooking. I look forward to another 4 game losing streak, followed by another leak from the front office that he’s on the hot seat, and then we get the nice rally round the coach moment again.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He’s only lost one in a row! We at LEAST need to get one of our 9 gamers cooking. I look forward to another 4 game losing streak, followed by another leak from the front office that he’s on the hot seat, and then we get the nice rally round the coach moment again.
We're only another couple of losses from Luke realizing that this team is unguardable while the middle pick-and-roll and that leading to us not sucking for a few games before Luke forgets and runs his bad offense again!

I still maintain that the roster isn't completely broken.

It's not. They're actually only about one key issue away from being truly competitive.

It's just that... man that issue is huge. I mean holy **** is it a big issue.

Barnes is literally the only quality forward on the roster. That's it. Nobody.

It's not. They're actually only about one key issue away from being truly competitive.

Along with a better coach running things. They're going nowhere with Walton

I agree. The main roster problem is they keep trying to fill the most major position in the NBA right now, the wing, with names like Glenn Robinson the third, and Maurice Harkless. I'm not sure you can do that even with the names of Irving, LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, and Harden filling out the rest of your roster sheet at this point. He skimped at the exact position you can't skimp at.

How lost does a team have to look before Walton gets fired? They should have been running double teams at Edwards way earlier in the 4th quarter, just like they do against Buddy (and pay when they don't). Any coach worth his salt would have picked up on that. The guys has no redeeming coaching skills outside of decent inbound plays after time outs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How lost does a team have to look before Walton gets fired? They should have been running double teams at Edwards way earlier in the 4th quarter, just like they do with Buddy. Any coach worth his salt would have picked up on that. The guys has no redeeming coaching skills outside of decent plays out of time outs.
They probably could have at least tried sticking Davion on Edwards first lol. Davion spent most of his night standing in a corner guarding Taurean Prince for some reason

I agree. The main roster problem is they keep trying to fill the most major position in the NBA right now, the wing, with names like Glenn Robinson the third, and Maurice Harkless. I'm not sure you can do that even with the names of Irving, LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, and Harden filling out the rest of your roster sheet at this point. He skimped at the exact position you can't skimp at.
Not once drafting a 3 wing. That hurts.

They've still had a couple years to address it. Instead they've drafted back to back point guards. While both draftees are good, the appropriate thing to do is decide which of the guards you want to move forward with, and trade the third wheel to fill a hole.
Both of the Bridges are much more valuable players than Marvin Bagley. That's where we are

I think they need to look for under the radar targets. I wanted Miles Bridges last year but lol good luck with that now. Guys like Covington or Gallinari I feel if those teams continue their respective slides.

Or draft one. I'm kinda eating crow on Mitchell now, but please for the love of god, get a forward.

Both of the Bridges are much more valuable players than Marvin Bagley. That's where we are
Both Bridges are valuable archetypes in today's NBA. One's an extremely valuable core role player and the other looks like a borderline all-star. I would've traded Bagley for either of them after his second year and been pleased with myself. I would've also traded Bagley and #12 in 2020 for #2 which was derided here, but I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.