[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 11/08/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Who should have taken that last shot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is up with our fans these days? Zero energy in that arena....not that there was anything to be excited about. I started thinking it was last year.
Too expensive and too many protocol hoops to jump through. Team isn't nearly good enough to command attention by paying for the overpriced tickets during this inflation and general high price of living In Cali - and they don't accept cash.

until they get proven good, fans won't show up and I don't blame them.

Last edited:
What is up with our fans these days? Zero energy in that arena....not that there was anything to be excited about. I started thinking it was last year.
Yes I totally agree , there was just no vibe whatsoever especially after that awful third quarter and nothing till the almost the end of the fourth quarter….

There was only about 7.5 seconds left, right?

That was a terrible call if that's the case so the Kings would have lost regardless.
Not at all. Metu actually cut from the top of the 3pt arc and broke free going to the basket. A lob or just a well-executed pass from Fox (who was being guarded by CP3) about 2 seconds earlier and it would have been an easy dunk with barely any time off the clock.

The KINGS still had a timeout too.

But Swipa didn‘t see him when he broke open and missed the opportunity.

I didn’t catch the game live and just finished watching on DVR.

The overturn of the on-the-floor blocking foul on Booker was criminal. Sorry, but it just was.
I knew the minute they decided to review the KINGS would get screwed somehow.

While it’s a subjective call on the floor in real time, the overturn was also subjective. Which is why I HATE that those plays are even reviewable.

For black and white plays, like if time expired or if a player stepped out of bounds, I get it. But not for subjective foul calls.

In this case, Booker was not set long enough. Nor was he really even set at all. He picked up and moved his right foot just before HB contacted him.

It was called a block on the floor, so it should have stayed that way. Nothing in that replay showed conclusively that it was a charge. If anything, watching the replay proved to me that it was a blocking foul as opposed to when first seeing it in real time.

If there’s a game defining replay to occur, you can bet your life savings the KINGS will be on the short end of it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Are we really going to turn De'Aaron Fox into the team scapegoat this year? In all the time I've followed this team, one thing that has consistently been true is that Sacramento fans will find a reason to hate the highest paid player on the team no matter what. It's so predictable and nauseating. I understand he hasn't yet shown the super saiyen mode he discovered late last season but we're less than a dozen games into the season. Even with Barnes playing at an All-Star level we're still one significant player (Ben Simmons?) away from being a legitimate playoff team to where losing to top teams in the West should warrant finger pointing and blame.

Not at all. Metu actually cut from the top of the 3pt arc and broke free going to the basket. A lob or just a well-executed pass from Fox (who was being guarded by CP3) about 2 seconds earlier and it would have been an easy dunk with barely any time off the clock.

The KINGS still had a timeout too.

But Swipa didn‘t see him when he broke open and missed the opportunity.
I don’t know how Fox didn’t see him when it was designed. But then again, guess we see why Hali handles most of the decision making when they’re on the court together.

Are we really going to turn De'Aaron Fox into the team scapegoat this year? In all the time I've followed this team, one thing that has consistently been true is that Sacramento fans will find a reason to hate the highest paid player on the team no matter what. It's so predictable and nauseating. I understand he hasn't yet shown the super saiyen mode he discovered late last season but we're less than a dozen games into the season. Even with Barnes playing at an All-Star level we're still one significant player (Ben Simmons?) away from being a legitimate playoff team to where losing to top teams in the West should warrant finger pointing and blame.
It's one thing to scapegoat someone like Bagley or Buddy, quite a different thing to say the team should have won 2-3 more games if not for its max franchise all star player averaging 18 points on <40% FG, 20% from 3, <70% from the free throw line and <2 AST/TO. Super Saiyan mode? He's barely showed us average starting PG mode. Have you even been watching the games?

And the frustration with his play is not only due to losing to the Suns, come on.

Don’t think it is unfair to expect Fox to be play like how he’s paid.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Lol……trolls always need someone to blame. Fox scores 12 in the 4th to bring Sac back. And Fox’s defense was solid. I don’t buy the troll takes of Fox can’t dribble, Fox can’t play D, Fox doesn’t care, Fox doesn’t lead.

I’m with hrdboiled on this. Some of you are reeeeeediculous. Lmao.

Lol……trolls always need someone to blame. Fox scores 12 in the 4th to bring Sac back. And Fox’s defense was solid. I don’t buy the troll takes of Fox can’t dribble, Fox can’t play D, Fox doesn’t care, Fox doesn’t lead.

Since when did commenting about a player's play become trolling?

As for the 12 points in the fourth, he scored them when the game was chaotic. Fox plays better when he's in that Westbrook, 100% all the time mode. But that's not winning ball as we saw last year.

And if we're citing the 12 points, how about the two missed FTs when the Kings were down by like three? And how about the missed pass on the inbounds play?

He’s shooting 39% from 2, 20% from 3, under 70% at the line and has a PER of 12. He also is playing really bad defense. He’s being paid like an All Star and playing like a backup.

He’s shooting 39% from 2, 20% from 3, under 70% at the line and has a PER of 12. He also is playing really bad defense. He’s being paid like an All Star and playing like a backup.
I guess he could always just sit out from the games and team functions due to his mental health and get us 0% shooting from the 2, 3 and ft and a per of 0 while also being paid like an allstar. Grass ain’t always greener.

I didn’t catch the game live and just finished watching on DVR.

The overturn of the on-the-floor blocking foul on Booker was criminal. Sorry, but it just was.
I knew the minute they decided to review the KINGS would get screwed somehow.

While it’s a subjective call on the floor in real time, the overturn was also subjective. Which is why I HATE that those plays are even reviewable.

For black and white plays, like if time expired or if a player stepped out of bounds, I get it. But not for subjective foul calls.

In this case, Booker was not set long enough. Nor was he really even set at all. He picked up and moved his right foot just before HB contacted him.

It was called a block on the floor, so it should have stayed that way. Nothing in that replay showed conclusively that it was a charge. If anything, watching the replay proved to me that it was a blocking foul as opposed to when first seeing it in real time.

If there’s a game defining replay to occur, you can bet your life savings the KINGS will be on the short end of it.
As much as we like to get frustrated with the referees at times, this is not the play to be griping about. That was about as pure of a charge as it comes. He established legal guarding position at about the time Barnes crossed half court. He was set. The fact that he barely moved his right foot is irrelevant - they are looking to see if he moved his torso, which he didn't.

You can complain about the replay rule if you want, but this is the way the rule is written. Each team can initiate and "challenge" a judgement call. There are many other monitor situations the referees use for those "black and white" plays you are talking about. They initiate those reviews.

Unfortunately for us, Luke is one of the worst coaches (if not THE worst) in using his challenge. I honestly can't recall ONE challenge over the last few years that Luke has won. Luckily for the Suns, they have a much more intelligent coach. He saved it for the right time in this game. Had Luke been the coach of the Suns, he 100% would have wasted his challenge on that basket interference play that was no called - and he would have lost the challenge.

dude12

Hall of Famer

As for the 12 points in the fourth, he scored them when the game was chaotic. Fox plays better when he's in that Westbrook, 100% all the time mode. But that's not winning ball as we saw last year.

And if we're citing the 12 points, how about the two missed FTs when the Kings were down by like three? And how about the missed pass on the inbounds play?
Because you are laser focused on every play he doesn’t make ad naseum. I get he’s not playing as well as last year but we are 11 games into this season and he’s being asked to play off the ball for some reason because of the dumb coach. Embellishing the “missed” pass to make your case, playing atrocious defense, etc. ignore the fact that they aren’t even in this without Fox in the 4th.

You keep doing you, I’ll call it like I see it

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Because you are laser focused on every play he doesn’t make ad naseum. I get he’s not playing as well as last year but we are 11 games into this season and he’s being asked to play off the ball for some reason because of the dumb coach. Embellishing the “missed” pass to make your case, playing atrocious defense, etc. ignore the fact that they aren’t even in this without Fox in the 4th.

Ben Simmons would have scored *checks notes* zero points in the fourth quarter.

Also people keep bringing up the late pass and ignoring that the pass was still made and was catchable. It was in metu’s hands and he fumbled it. It wasn’t perfect and “on time” but it was there. People acting like he got a 5 sec violation or threw it off the backboard or at his feet or something.

I DONT CARE IF IT WAS A TERRIBLE CALL. WTF WAS FOX LOOKING AT IF THE PLAY WAS DESIGNED FOR METU. HOW CAN HE BE THAT LATE
Why are you yelling? lol

It's what Walton deserves. Why get cute when you have 7 seconds to tie the game and send it to OT? They'd wind up giving themselves 4 seconds to go the length of the court to have to hit a 3 anyway so just get a good shot in that scenario and be happy with it. Walton can't seem to think more than one step ahead. Even if the Suns miss a FT after Metu scores, all that did was give them a shot to win the game with an extremely low percentage shot instead of tying it with what would more than likely be an average percentage shot.

He deserves a big part of the blame. He’s been horrible this year. Not just his stats, but as a leader. Few people look like they care less right now than Fox. He’s in the first year of a max deal as the de facto leader of the team and isn’t leading and looks like he’s just waiting for the off-season to get here. He doesn’t deserve all of the blame, but he does need to be held accountable. That’s what he signed up for.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
When the same poster makes 10 posts in one game thread specifically targeting one player, without ever specifically calling out any other player, that probably meets the definition of trolling.

I count, what, 19 for you?

And it's not just last night, it's all season. You come into every single game thread specifically intending to talk crap about Fox. As a moderator, it may be time to do something about that.

When the same poster makes 10 posts in one game thread specifically targeting one player, without ever specifically calling out any other player, that probably meets the definition of trolling.

And it's not just last night, it's all season. You come into every single game thread specifically intending to talk crap about Fox. As a moderator, it may be time to do something about that.
Countdown til the “who me? I’m not a troll! You mods are so mean and bossy. I hate it here anyways” posts from the “trolls/haters”

Apparently commenting about a player’s play counts as trolling.

Did you notice that I gave him props the previous game and noted that the Pacers lost wasn’t on Fox, but was due to the mismatch at center?

I’m focused on every player. Not just Fox. There’s a reason why Hali is handling the ball more. He’s the better decision maker.

This is trolling. Will you cite that, CF?
Technically talking crap about another player on another team on a kings fan site isn’t trolling. It’ll probably easier to stop crapping on a kings player or at least doing it less vs trying to find arguments or shifting blame on others.

Don’t think it is unfair to expect Fox to be play like how he’s paid.
It's not about how he's paid - not to me. Regardless of salary, we know he can do MUCH better. His shots simply not falling - that's frustrating enough for everybody, no doubt. But when his shot's not falling AND his effort sometimes appears to be lacking - yeah, that's hard to take, especially when every one of the six losses to date has been winnable (losses by 9, 12, 6, 6, 3, 5). Consistently strong effort from De'Aaron might have led to an extra win here or there. The 7-4 record the Kings could otherwise have would feel much better than the 5-6 record they do have.

The good news, IMO, is that - contra to what some of you are saying - I don't see anything *wrong* with him physically. He's getting to his spots and missing wide-open 10 and 12-footers at a clip we didn't see last year - but he's getting the looks. On the defensive end, he just hasn't consistently followed thru on his offseason pledge to lock in.

Let's hope he can manage to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.