[Game] Kings vs. Nuggets, 12/29/20, 7PM PST, 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t realize Tyrese didn’t have any steals before tonight’s game. Seemed like he did but it must’ve all been in preseason

Well, he got 3 tonight and he averaged over 2 per game in college.
Yeah, I don't think we have to worry about his passing lane intercepting skills.

Me... This team looks good on paper, and they have been together for a few years so hopefully they would have learned to play well together. Very good teams out there with a LOT less talent than we have as a whole.
There is serious potential that has to be put in order and used right. There are units that can do a little bit of everything and others that can be zoned out of the game in a quarter.

Yeah, but then in the 2nd he got some chippy calls and then kind of disappeared. It has to be minutes restriction stuff. In the end Walton pulled the small ball safety valve and just like last time it responded with a W so that might have cut him out too.
One issue I forsee is how Bagley is going to crack the Fox-Buddy-Hali-Barnes-Holmes closing LU. That's exactly the lineup archetype you want around Fox to close games and super complimentary to each other on both ends of the court. Holmes showed us again his upside, great to see him get back to the form he showed for most of last year. Which becomes an issue with Bagley as a "cornerstone" player

Because at this point, you can't keep Hali under 30 minutes. He's too impactful on both ends.

One issue I forsee is how Bagley is going to crack the Fox-Buddy-Hali-Barnes-Holmes closing LU. That's exactly the lineup archetype you want around Fox to close games and super complimentary to each other on both ends of the court. Holmes showed us again his upside, great to see him get back to the form he showed for most of last year. Which becomes an issue with Bagley as a "cornerstone" player

Because at this point, you can't keep Hali under 30 minutes. He's too impactful on both ends.
So Fox-Buddy-Hali-Bag-Holmes you think?

Exactly.

There's a reason Walton trusts rookie Haliburton in the 4th and not 3rd year Bagley. Bagley's ridiculous usage rate bogs things down, coupled with his bad defense and inability to allow them to go small. (Not to mention his bonehead decisions). Holmes or another lower-usage big is who you want on the floor when you're going small and asking your guards to take over the game.

Right now Holmes is more fundamentally solid so he's a better bet, but the prior game where he yanked Bagley for Holmes from the smalls he was playing well in some of the same ways. Regardless of who finishes, Bagley and Holmes with the small ballers is clearly this teams best shot at winning games against most teams considering it puts their best players in a position to succeed. If Buddy and Haliburton can keep not being a total mismatch negatively at SG/SF then it can and should work. It would mean some of Waltons favs have to fade minutes wise though. I mean, it should be common sense right? Better shooters on the floor means more space. More space means Fox and Haliburton slice and dice defenses. More slicing and dicing means more easy shots off pick and roll for the big and more spot shots for Buddy. Also defensively the small ballers are more capable of the run outs and switching they want to see.

I get what you're saying but in a way it does make a little sense. Monte took one of Waltons toys away and surprise surprise one of the locker room killing issues at SG was corrected. Even though Buddy isn't getting a big portion of the offense right now, he's been finding a groove defensively for sure. And for the record, Walton refused to play Bogdan and Buddy together, yet he's not so against Haliburton and Buddy. This is why I was pissed last year. They could have been doing some of these same exact things with the team they had.

Exactly.

There's a reason Walton trusts rookie Haliburton in the 4th and not 3rd year Bagley. Bagley's ridiculous usage rate bogs things down, coupled with his bad defense and inability to allow them to go small. (Not to mention his bonehead decisions). Holmes or another lower-usage big is who you want on the floor when you're going small and asking your guards to take over the game.
lol here we go

Wow...I keep screaming “how is he this good??!!” The best part is seeing all his teammates cheer him on and the glow in their eyes. CoJo in particular looks like he is all aboard the Ty-Train.

there is his nick name right there! Either get off the tracks or climb aboard, the Ty-Train stops for no man, woman or big baby Joker! The kid is getting better each game. Gonna need to see a birth certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.