Woj: Kings let Bogi go

So he needs good coaching
I think it's a lot more than that. I don't know how elite athletes prepare, both mentally and physically, but quite certainly they have very specific plans designed by very smart people to help them stay elite in their domain. Such a change, including potential new coach, changes the entire dynamics. I'm sure they are hesitant to make such changes, that could impact their core strengths without equivalent compensatory improvement in other areas.

Yes, elite players do add to their game even at later stages, and there are many instances of players improving their free throw or 3 point/outside shooting to add to their core skills. I don't know how many players with questionable defense have significantly improved their defense. Perhaps this is not so easily measurable, so doesn't stand out, but I don't recall reading a lot of such new items.

We have a new sign and trade

“The Boston Celtics have traded Gordon Hayward and second-round draft picks in 2023 and 2024 to the Charlotte Hornets in exchange for a conditional 2022 second-round draft pick.

The sign-and-trade agreement creates a $28.5 million trade exception for the Celtics, the largest in NBA history.”

Further evidence that it’s tough to get anything in sign and trades and the Bucks really messed the Bogi deal up for us.

A few things of note, Charlotte got two picks for one conditional pick here, so arguably the Celtics had to sweeten the deal to make it work and two it took an extra week to execute this move. We'll see if that TPE even amounts to anything since historically they are worthless, and Boston's cap situation is different than ours. Even if ATL wanted to play ball it seems like it would be a bad deal for us if a historically stupid org like Charlotte can actually come out ahead in the pick game.

Last edited:
It blows my mind how much they gave up for Jrue Holiday.
This was something I suspected at the time. We may never know the whole story but my guess is that Bogi wasn't willing to take less money and a smaller role and the Kings FO probably expected at least a late 1st round pick.

The Bucks overpaid for Holiday and it definitely cost them Bogdanovic. I'm guessing if they landed Bogi and a slightly less impactful player than Jrue, Giannis would have agreed to the super max deal.

Dan Feldman. regurgitating an article written 2 weeks ago, editorializing, senzetionalizing, and calling it "news". there were multiple other articles after the Sam Amick article talking about what might have happened with actual sources, but no leave it to Dan Feldman to "break news" with a bunch of interpretation ans embelishment of an actual article written by an actual reporter 2 weeks ago.

This was something I suspected at the time. We may never know the whole story but my guess is that Bogi wasn't willing to take less money and a smaller role and the Kings FO probably expected at least a late 1st round pick.

The Bucks overpaid for Holiday and it definitely cost them Bogdanovic. I'm guessing if they landed Bogi and a slightly less impactful player than Jrue, Giannis would have agreed to the super max deal.
IMO Bucks should have kept Bledsoe and added Bogi. Time will tell how this works out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’ll say it again, for a guy with his reputation he built in Euroleague, he sure the hell didn’t demonstrate it here for the most part. He’s just not that good. We got better when we didn’t match that contract.
As a major piece, he ain’t it. I still believe he could be a good complimentary piece (like if he did get traded to the Bucks) ... I don’t know if that’s what he signed on for in ATL. We shall see. Def agree we’re better now. We lost some talent, but the fit wasn’t right.

Didn't want to be here either through a rebuild or with sharing time with Buddy. Or both.
What is he supposed to say? I really wanted to stay in sac and hoped atl didn’t match? It’s professional to say you are happy with whichever team gets you. If sac matched he would have said he wanted them to match and he’s happy to stay with his friends or whatever. Just like Zach Lavine did when bulls match.

dude12

Hall of Famer
What is he supposed to say? I really wanted to stay in sac and hoped atl didn’t match? It’s professional to say you are happy with whichever team gets you. If sac matched he would have said he wanted them to match and he’s happy to stay with his friends or whatever. Just like Zach Lavine did when bulls match.
if He came out and said something to the effect that he enjoyed his time in Sac and appreciate all the opportunities yada yada........as opposed to.....they didn’t make any moves so it was time to move on.

Look at Harry Giles. I believe he may have more reason to be bitter but his exit on social media was in such a way that he’s going to get a rousing standing O when he’s back at Golden 1. That is how you do it.

He could have taken the high road. Instead he made it a point to let everyone know he wanted out.

On the Amick podcast it was confirmed that it was Bogi/his agent who backed out of the deal.

People complained to the league office about tampering sure, but no one was really in a position to do anything about it or care. It wasn't on the Hawks/Kings/Bucks for this trade falling apart.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
On the Amick podcast it was confirmed that it was Bogi/his agent who backed out of the deal.

People complained to the league office about tampering sure, but no one was really in a position to do anything about it or care. It wasn't on the Hawks/Kings/Bucks for this trade falling apart.
I get it. Secure your cash, but it doesn’t mean I have to like it. This dude can go kick rocks.

I get it. Secure your cash, but it doesn’t mean I have to like it. This dude can go kick rocks.
That was part of it; though in the end although he was trying to get more money, he ended up with the same amount as I recall correctly. But it was also about role; he balked at the possibility of being the 4th option like he's anymore than that anyway.

Bogi just LOVES being part of mediocre teams it seems, where he can pat himself on the back over individual accomplishments.

Tsk, tsk. What ARE they teaching the players over there in Euroleague?

That was part of it; though in the end although he was trying to get more money, he ended up with the same amount as I recall correctly. But it was also about role; he balked at the possibility of being the 4th option like he's anymore than that anyway.

Bogi just LOVES being part of mediocre teams it seems, where he can pat himself on the back over individual accomplishments.

Tsk, tsk. What ARE they teaching the players over there in Euroleague?
Once again LOL.

Go be a starter on a title contending team for the next 3 years as the 3rd/4th option. Instead he's destined for a 6-7-8 seed; as the 3rd-4th option. Trae, Collins, Gallo, Rondo, all their young wings. He's going to probably have to share the ball more on ATL than he would with the Bucks.

Oh well. DDV and Wilson would have been awesome, but can't fault McNair for Bogi being dumb and passing on a real opportunity to win a title for the same money.

and the other day it was confirmed Bucks talked on a conference call and league came down hard on all parties.

and yet another day it was confirmed there was no deal with Bogdan to back out of to begin with.

tomorrow we will confirm something else