[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Thanks! Sorry, it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when someone makes a vague comment and I have no idea what they may have been looking at that so interested them. That clarifies it!

(not directed at you) Or people that just post "wow" or something. It's like, what, we are supposed to know what you are "wow-ing" about? ;)

This forum predominantly operates on written communication. Please be clear when doing so, everyone! If you make the effort to post, please make the effort to be clear!
Perhaps decaf?

:)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
;)

Actually, I never touch the stuff. I prefer my caffeine cold, in cans, with carbonation, sugar, and food coloring. :cool:

Nah, it's just that there are so many misunderstandings, arguments, and the like all because some don't take the time to actually flesh out a thought. @bajaden, for just one example, always puts significant effort into his posts. He explains his thought processes, rationale, etc. Agree or not, at least he has explained himself and you can know what he means to say without ambiguity.

So Okc trades Dennis Schroder to the Lakers for Green and the 28th pick in this draft. He was runner up for 6th man of the year. For those of us that would like to trade Belly to a contender, what can we expect to get back? A second rounder? If that ended up being true I would rather keep him and resign him to a smaller contract next year as nice off the bench depth.

So Okc trades Dennis Schroder to the Lakers for Green and the 28th pick in this draft. He was runner up for 6th man of the year. For those of us that would like to trade Belly to a contender, what can we expect to get back? A second rounder? If that ended up being true I would rather keep him and resign him to a smaller contract next year as nice off the bench depth.
Seems like OKC did Schroder a solid sending him to the champs and the west coast. Plus Green has value on his own and can be flipped later for another asset. Sam Presti is grinding out value in OKC.

Well, I think the Thunder intend to flip Green for another basset, so in a way the trade is Schroeder for a first and whatever they get for Green. I think the smart move either way is to pick up Bjelica’s option and listen to offers. Since it sounds like a play in is happening, maybe you wait until the deadline and see what teams are willing to part with then. I think there will be a lot of buyers- teams on the cusp of the play in may want an extra push, and teams that are around the 6-8 seed may want to push for the 6 seed to avoid the play in.

I think the smart move either way is to pick up Bjelica’s option and listen to offers. Since it sounds like a play in is happening, maybe you wait until the deadline and see what teams are willing to part with then.
I agree on picking up the option and taking a look at offers at the deadline. Let's say we are several games under .500 at the break, we listen to offers for belly and the best we can get is a second rounder. Are you pulling the trigger?

First off I like Harry. IMO he has a role as a Big coming off the bench with the Kings or another NBA team.

That said do you have a link to the "admitted that" part I highlighted in red above? I would like to read that.
I don’t, but someone here should be able to remember it. Hopefully it’s more solid than a quote from Grant or Doug.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
On Twitter just now, Carmichael Dave tweeted that the Kings were rumored to be sniffing around for a backup Center.

The intrigue continues. Could mean quite a few things. Let your minds wander.
my mind has wandered. To one specific player. We’re going to be terrible anyways, bring our boy home.

Lots of mistakes have been made and some of them have set us back years but I have a renewed spirit with our change in management. Losing Giles is not ideal but I am over it. Get us 2 good players in this draft, trade a couple pieces for future assets and start turning things around.

dude12

Hall of Famer
my mind has wandered. To one specific player. We’re going to be terrible anyways, bring our boy home.
My mind is wandering to what possible deals may be in place or are we just letting Len, Giles go and not playing Bagley at Center or is there a Holmes deal or a Bagley deal or.........

On Twitter just now, Carmichael Dave tweeted that the Kings were rumored to be sniffing around for a backup Center.

The intrigue continues. Could mean quite a few things. Let your minds wander.
Wonder what his sources could be since the old guard have been thinned out lately. Holla at us Dave.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here’s a hunch

Sac trades Richuan Holmes for most likely a first or young wing prospect. Why? He clearly has value and combined with his low salary it makes him very valuable to a playoff contending team.

Plus, Bagley’s position is clearly as a center. Re-sign Len who can actually shoot the 3 at a fair rate for a center. Pick up team option on Bjeli as the bench 4-5 big

Teams to target? Atlanta. Add Holmes to a Hield package to obtain the pick at 6, either Cam Reddish or DeAndre Hunter and then filler to help salaries.......who knows, maybe Capela is involved. McNair is familiar with Capela due to his time with Houston.

But I suspect Holmes would Help bring back something.

I agree on picking up the option and taking a look at offers at the deadline. Let's say we are several games under .500 at the break, we listen to offers for belly and the best we can get is a second rounder. Are you pulling the trigger?
not a satisfying answer, but I have to say “it depends.” Is Bagley or Barnes playing major minutes at the 4 so that there isn’t much room for him anyway? Do we think Bjelica may be looking to head elsewhere in free agency? If it’s looking like a 50-50 proposition that he’ll walk for nothing, I say take whatever asset you can get back for I’m. And I say that as someone who’s a fan, and recognizes that Bjelica has been an important contributor to the team’s successes, such as they were, the last couple years. But I fear it’s time to focus on who will be a part of the successes in a season or two.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Steve Popper @StevePopper
Newsday has learned Knicks are waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no qualifying offer for Damyean Dotson, who is an unrestricted FA now. More decisions to come...

Chris Iseman @ChrisIseman
Knicks make it official: Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton, Kenny Wooten and Taj Gibson have all been waived. They're not exercising team options on Theo Pinson and Bobby Portis.
I like Bobby Portis

He's definitely talented. If we can move on from our PF log jam he would be a great addition.
He did punch his team mate in the face, so there is that.
yeah I didn’t like that, but the more I read about it Mirotic was the instigator and kept pushing it. That said he should have shown better restraint, but I mean when I was younger I probably didn’t show a whole lot of restraint, especially when someone was coming at me. Problem is he broke his face with the punch so it was a really bad look, Teammates seemed to back Portis as well for what that’s worth. Has a good reputation as a hard worker too. Play wise, he’s developed a nice mid range jumper and shoots a good % from 3. Talented guy

If we do keep Bogdan and stand pat with everyone else, the minutes rotation seems pretty clean:

Fox (34 min) / Haliburton (14 min)
Hield (30 min) / Haliburton (8 min)
Barnes (18 min) / Bogdanovic (30 min)
Bjelica (24 min) / Barnes (12 min) / Bagley (12 min)
Holmes (30 min) / Bagley (18 min)

Fox - 34 min
Hield - 30 min
Bogdanovic - 30 min
Barnes - 30 min
Bagley - 30 min
Holmes - 30 min
Bjelica - 24 min
Haliburton - 22 min

If we do keep Bogdan and stand pat with everyone else, the minutes rotation seems pretty clean:

Fox (34 min) / Haliburton (14 min)
Hield (30 min) / Haliburton (8 min)
Barnes (18 min) / Bogdanovic (30 min)
Bjelica (24 min) / Barnes (12 min) / Bagley (12 min)
Holmes (30 min) / Bagley (18 min)

Fox - 34 min
Hield - 30 min
Bogdanovic - 30 min
Barnes - 30 min
Bagley - 30 min
Holmes - 30 min
Bjelica - 24 min
Haliburton - 22 min

One of Bogi or Buddy needs to go.
We need a Shotblocker, or at least a full-sized center. Len helped a lot.

I would also like to see what Woodard can do defensively. At 6'7 with 7'2 wingspan and 235 lb frame, I'd much rather see him assigned to key defensive role (as opposed to CoJo).

Javale McGee and Enes Kanter opted in today, so no luck on available bigs today (so far).