REPORT: Bogdan Bogdanovic in S&T to Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already is. Honestly I’m kinda surprised the Buck valued Bogi enough to offer him up in a trade.
He’s not gonna be a superstar but if I had to chose between him and a late first, I’d probably take him
see I was expecting 24(?)/Donte, due to the Bucks being desperate to appease Giannis and win it all now. Like I said, I like Donte, this is just underwhelming.

A couple notes on Donte
He doubled his points per game from year one to year two.

improved his fg % from 40 to 45 improved 3pt percent from 26 to a bit over 33%.

He had 32 games where he scored between 10 and 19 points. He also averaged 15 plus minutes a game in the playoffs last year.

Not terrible for a second year player that missed most of his rookie season.

He already is. Honestly I’m kinda surprised the Bucks valued Bogi enough to offer Donte up in a trade. Considering their cap situation, a young cost controlled defender/secondary ball handler is pure gold.
He’s not gonna be a superstar but if I had to chose between him and a late first, I’d probably take him
I definitely take Donte over a late first.

But I think Donte + a protected first would of made me much happier. A little disappointed. But there was none to offer. Just sad about that.

A couple notes on Donte
He doubled his points per game from year one to year two, improve his fg % from 40 to 45 improved 3pt percent from 26 to a bit over 33%. He had 32 games where he scored between 10 and 19 points. He also averaged 15 plus minutes a game in the playoffs last year. Not terrible for a second year played that missed most of his rookie season.
He had the highest vertical at the combine too. Has some athletic potential.

A couple notes on Donte
He doubled his points per game from year one to year two, improve his fg % from 40 to 45 improved 3pt percent from 26 to a bit over 33%. He had 32 games where he scored between 10 and 19 points. He also averaged 15 plus minutes a game in the playoffs last year. Not terrible for a second year played that missed most of his rookie season.
Donte makes “winning” plays. He will be a fantastic role player. Great defender.

I have no clue. Tired of watching other teams like NO, OKC etc, that were in the same boat as the kings, make the right moves that net them assets and still allow them to be competitive ..,then you have the kings
Find it funny when fans claim other organizations are “doing it the right way”. Which, BTW, is just code for “the way I think it should be done”. Which doesn’t necessarily make it the “right” way. But I digress.

Other than get lucky in the lottery with AD and again with Zion (which involves ZERO skill and also means you were a bad team to begin with to end up with good lottery odds) what has New Orleans done to prove they do things the “right way”? Seriously??

Did I miss some championships somewhere? Or some deep playoff runs over many years??

How about OKC? They had a great, surprising, and overachieving season last year. But they just traded the stabilizing vet force from that team.

Having a plethora of draft assets is all well and fine. But until it actually produces results or builds a dynasty — can we back off the hyperbole a bit?

Lastly, I don’t pretend to know whether this new KINGS regime will be any different or better than the last. And this is the first move they’ve made.

Can’t we at least remain patient and let things play out before casting judgement about doing things the “wrong way”?

After all, they aren’t responsible for previous moves, failures or the current roster sans the players that were just traded.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I cant believe people are getting this worked up about Bogi. He was straight up doo doo in 3 games out of every 4.

It’s a win that we got anything for him, much less some intriguing young prospects. It’s good that he didn’t end up walking for nothing, it’s even better we didn’t resign him to a long term deal.

We’re entering rebuild number gazillion since the golden era. It’s sucks, but it’s better than a 10th seed for the next 5 years with the core Vlade slapped together. I hope we move on from Buddy next.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I cant believe people are getting this worked up about Bogi. He was straight up doo doo in 3 games out of every 4.

It’s win that we got anything for him, much less some intriguing young prospects. It’s good that he didn’t end up walking for nothing, it’s even better we didn’t resign him to a long term deal.

We’re entering rebuild number gazillion since the golden era. It’s sucks, but it’s better than a 10th seed for the next 5 years with the core Vlade slapped together. I hope we move on from Buddy next.
High five brother. We’re on the same wavelength (as usual haha)

Find it funny when fans claim other organizations are “doing it the right way”. Which, BTW, is just code for “the way I think it should be done”. Which doesn’t necessarily make it the “right” way. But I digress.

Other than get lucky in the lottery with AD and again with Zion (which involves ZERO skill and also means you were a bad team to begin with to end up with good lottery odds) what has New Orleans done to prove they do things the “right way”? Seriously??

Did I miss some championships somewhere? Or some deep playoff runs over many years??

How about OKC? They had a great, surprising, and overachieving season last year. But they just traded the stabilizing vet force from that team.

Having a plethora of draft assets is all well and fine. But until it actually produces results or builds a dynasty — can we back off the hyperbole a bit?

Lastly, I don’t pretend to know whether this new KINGS regime will be any different or better than the last. And this is the first move they’ve made.

Can’t we at least remain patient and let things play out before casting judgement about doing things the “wrong way”?

After all, they aren’t responsible for previous moves, failures or the current roster sans the players that were just traded.
Has nothing to do with what I want, it’s called being familiar with this book over the last 35 years. But You are right, Kings definitely are and have been doing it right .

trading one of your better players for pennies on the dollar is not a great start. Also DD is 6’ 4” with a 6’ 6” wingspan so we lost more length.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Jrue Holiday is not worth 3 1st round picks and picks swaps! He is not a top 20 player
See this is the thing. There were a lot of overpays today (at least from my perspective) and then the Kings, well I think we actually did better than when in this case before (IT, for example); yet compared to the crazy pick trades we saw earlier in the day, it's "hey, we're giving up a valuable player too".

I guess we can consider this - if Buddy is on the trade table, we just probably forced Atlanta's hand to make a real offer instead of seeing if they could make us blink with Bogs. And Atlanta does have assets.

I wanted DDV + 24 for Bogi, but getting just DDV is fine. It’s fair, but not great. Bucks fans did not want to give DDV and would’ve rather traded Bledsoe and 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.