Bagley gets MRI... Again. (He’s OUT)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also it would seem the Kings are going to have to play small whether they’d like to or not what with Harry now being the only healthy guy on the roster taller than 6’7”

It would appear having a bunch of guys sit around indoors for four months then hurriedly try to get them back into shape in time to play two weeks of games in a shortened bid to end the NBA season with a champion all in the midst of a global pandemic with an ever-increasing death toll wasn’t necessarily conducive to player health.
agreed. But what’s frustrating to me is both he and Fox had these sane injuries prior to this, and now just picking up where they left off. This is so damn aggravating

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
agreed. But what’s frustrating to me is both he and Fox had these sane injuries prior to this, and now just picking up where they left off. This is so damn aggravating
I think these injuries sort of do go back to the fact that the guys never really had a chance to properly wind down/heal up after the season shut down because of the long discussions about the NBA bubble being a thing. So instead of the guys giving their respective leg injuries a chance to really get back to normal you had guys probably doing more physical activity than they would in a normal offseason while still not being in great enough shape to withstand the physical stress of the physical re-conditioning process (this has been a huge part of the players’ arguments in the current NFL labor kerfuffle as well).

In the case of Marvin, one does have to wonder if his foot was ever properly healed in the first place given how he was just on the verge of participating in practice again riiiiiight when COVID-19 shut down the season. (We also get to the nasty subdiscussion about whether or not the current Kings medical/training staff is as qualified/good as the old one that got fired by Matina was).

EDIT: Never mind, it was his other foot... which is good, I guess?

I think these injuries sort of do go back to the fact that the guys never really had a chance to properly wind down/heal up after the season shut down because of the long discussions about the NBA bubble being a thing. So instead of the guys giving their respective leg injuries a chance to really get back to normal you had guys probably doing more physical activity than they would in a normal offseason while still not being in great enough shape to withstand the physical stress of the physical re-conditioning process (this has been a huge part of the players’ arguments in the current NFL labor kerfuffle as well).

In the case of Marvin, one does have to wonder if his foot was ever properly healed in the first place given how he was just on the verge of participating in practice again riiiiiight when COVID-19 shut down the season. (We also get to the nasty subdiscussion about whether or not the current Kings medical/training staff is as qualified/good as the old one that got fired by Matina was).
and that’s the part that has, and continues, to worry me. I have zero faith in this medical/training staff

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
is Bjelica injured? Jason Jones also excluded him from the list of bigs available in a recent tweet. as far as I know Bjelica is fine.
It’s odd because I haven’t seen him mentioned once since the season restarted. Hopefully he’s healthy and ready because the Bogi at center looks were some of our most effective before the season stopped.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

EDIT: Never mind, it was his other foot... which is good, I guess?
In most cases, players usually take two or three week vacation to get away from the hustle and bustle of the NBA, but then get right back on the horse with working out and working on their game. So I don't think there's any excuse for these injuries other than freaking bad luck, and perhaps, a couple of players that are injury prone. Foot injuries for big men are particularly worrisome, and have destroyed the careers of many talented big's. Not trying to be negative, but I'm concerned.

Seriously, if this dude is able to bolt it will be my final straw. I’d never be able to quit this place, but the team? My lord, the team could go kick rocks.
it’s a great opportunity for Giles to be scouted by every team in the league. I’m just going to be sick when he goes and turns in to a Jokic type player for someone else. It might be the end for me also.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
it’s a great opportunity for Giles to be scouted by every team in the league. I’m just going to be sick when he goes and turns in to a Jokic type player for someone else. It might be the end for me also.
Speaking of Jokic, Bogi said in his presser they’ve been having HG play the point.