[Game] Kings @ Suns - Tuesday, Jan. 7 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bogs is definitely out, as he did not make the trip to Phoenix. Holmes is still listed as a "game time decision" with no update yet. He did make the trip to Phoenix. We'll have to see what happens this afternoon when the injury report comes out.

I personally think the Kings needed last night's game to remind them what it's all about. They got into a rhythm and despite all the turnovers were able to start looking like a team. I've still got concerns about Buddy, but was definitely impressed with how hard he tried last night.

We can win tonight's game. Heart, hustle, energy, effort, enthusiasm AND DEFENSE!

GO KINGS!!

EDIT: Holmes and Bagley are both listed as DOUBTFUL.

Last edited:
The Kings found someone they could beat. Excellent.
Now to build on it.
I am guessing Mr. Holmes won't be able to play.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
with Holmes doubtful, Bagley out, Dedmon in the dog house....there is no reason Harry shouldn't get a fair share of minutes in this one barring him committing a plethora of fouls in a span of a couple of minutes

with Holmes doubtful, Bagley out, Dedmon in the dog house....there is no reason Harry shouldn't get a fair share of minutes in this one barring him committing a plethora of fouls in a span of a couple of minutes
well he is going to start. unless they put Bjelica at center and start Ariza?

The Kings are going to have to play Caleb he's the only player on the roster available that can bang with either Baynes or Ayton (Saric is out of the rotation recently).

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I want Fox to start the game guarding Booker. If momentum means anything, then Booker needs to get significantly slowed down at the beginning of the game. Fox should be his shadow for the whole game. Buddy can guard Rubio. I don't think Rubio is going to do anything differently with Buddy on him than with Fox. But Booker has got to be slowed down. As far as who guards the Suns' bigs, who the hell knows at this point. Maybe Dedmon plays and hopefully raises his trade value in the process - a win-win. Giles has got to get smarter with not fouling. It doesn't take much to just STAND THERE for a screen, not move his hips like a dance jig. He's got to be able to stay on the floor in this game.

Go under! He will be benched for lack of defense on Booker.
Joseph will guard Booker, most of the time with maybe some situational JJ. I think the worst turnover I have EVER seen in my life was during the last game of Kings vs. Suns. Buddy dribbled full-speed at Rubio and Rubio just stood his ground (not the usual backing-up in a defensive stance). Rubio was 100% certain he would steal the ball. Buddy flys past Rubio continuing toward the basket without the ball. Rubio starts a fast-break in the other direction.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If this is all true, this is scary for what is going on behind the scenes. How do you have your starting center go to bench to not playing in a matter of 15ish games? I realize he was bad, but you think the coaching staff would have some incentive to get him back on track. It really bad optics for possibly some deeper issues.
Did you miss the part about him openly demanding a trade? Anyway, this is gonna continue after tonight's game. For that reason, I'm moving the sub-discussion.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Joseph will guard Booker, most of the time with maybe some situational JJ. I think the worst turnover I have EVER seen in my life was during the last game of Kings vs. Suns. Buddy dribbled full-speed at Rubio and Rubio just stood his ground (not the usual backing-up in a defensive stance). Rubio was 100% certain he would steal the ball. Buddy flys past Rubio continuing toward the basket without the ball. Rubio starts a fast-break in the other direction.
Buddy guarding Rubio doesn't mean necessarily Rubio guards Buddy. If Rubio doesn't guard Fox, Fox is going to have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.