[Game] Kings at Toronto, Wednesday Nov. 6th, 4:30 PM PT/7:30 PM ET

They are starting to find a groove. I liked a lot of what Walton was doing on defense even with the score being what it was. He's mixing things up now. They were icing some of those pick and rolls and even showed some hard traps. If the Kings play defense like they did in this one, with those types of sets they may actually be decent on that end this year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They are starting to find a groove. I liked a lot of what Walton was doing on defense even with the score being what it was. He's mixing things up now. They were icing some of those pick and rolls and even showed some hard traps. If the Kings play defense like they did in this one, with those types of sets they may actually be decent on that end this year.
I know the StR crowd is roasting the guy but I have actually really been impressed by Walton's coaching over the past week or so. He's altered his schemes a bit and introduced more elements from Joerger's offense to get Bogi and Hield more comfortable looks. Would like to see more pick and roll plays but that's been a common theme of Kings basketball since 2007

I also think Fox lost his legs later in the 4th. A lot of those jumpers in the paint were coming up short. We need to find a way to lighten his load. I think we cannot have platoon type of bench play but find a way to weave it with the starters so that Fox can get more rest and offense would not suffer too much as it does when its the Cojo Bogdan rest of bench lineup.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Well that's progress, not sure how we run that 3 guard lineup when Marvin gets back though, really need Harrison out there

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I also think Fox lost his legs later in the 4th. A lot of those jumpers in the paint were coming up short. We need to find a way to lighten his load. I think we cannot have platoon type of bench play but find a way to weave it with the starters so that Fox can get more rest and offense would not suffer too much as it does when its the Cojo Bogdan rest of bench lineup.
IIRC, didn't he do something to his foot/ankle/leg early in the game? I thought I heard Grant saying he was walking something off. (I was in the other room and couldn't see the screen at the time.)

Yea, i don’t understand playing the entire bench at the same time.

Gotta stop that. Weave in a couple starters here and there, please. We really have a chance to rack up a few wins other than that laker game that i think could be really tough (they get a lot of calls).

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Well, it was a competitive game. The Kings were gutsy, just not efficient. I doubt Fox makes this many turnovers in any game we see the rest of the year. Shots didn't go that should go (Dedmond with two in and outs and then the missed dunk), they missed Bagley greatly in the paint, and the D in the first quarter wasn't very good. The Kings will see Toronto at home on March 8. With Bagley, with the memory of this game, I doubt very much they lose that game.

Missed the game so just going off the box score and last few minutes. Happy to see Barnes go for 26 points on 15 shots. My problem is with Bjelica, Ariza and Dedmon, they kind of suck. The one I hold out for is Dedmon, he is new and maybe he will figure it out. But they don't make the Kings better. I don't understand all the love for Bjelica especially. He is kind-of below average at best. Yes it's nice when he hits those 3's in rhythm but it's not often enough. He gets burned on defense and that's the number one thing I'm tired of. And also...Bogdonovic. I hope fans don't get so high on him again after 1 good game. He hasn't earned that, not even close at all.
But not to be negative. I'm not going to declare a 'moral victory' because we as Kings fans are well past that. But I will say my perception of the team is far better than if they'd gotten blown out by 30 tonight in Toronto and in the last couple of games prior.