[Game] Kings v. Blazers 10/25/19 7PM PT/10PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to say this folks, but based on what I'm seeing, this is a 30 win team...

Dedmon has played like a ded mon.
Ariza... wow, just retire already.

No true superstar. Fox would be if he had a dead on 3pt shot tho. Buddy would be if he had handles.

Team looks slower and less athletic overall.
As bad as Willie was, he was at least a lob target. We have none now.

Holmes, for all the good he can do, is a foul machine.

I'm still on the fence concerning coaching. I'll give it a few more games to see if that changes. As of now, the pace which was the calling card seems to have dissapeared.

Having no true starting caliber center is going to hurt badly. Unless there's a trade for one, I don't see us winning more than 30, sadly.

This team is predominantly made up of expensive role players playing some sort of discombobulated roles which seem so undefined right now. It seems as if all the positives of the core 4 are just being shat on by whatever we're trying to run.

Someone plz correct me if I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong...
Yeah, I don’t think you’re wrong on any of it, except Fox. As soon as Silver decrees Fox should start getting the calls he deserves he’ll look like a true superstar. I hope Silver makes the call on that soon, cause I’m tired of seeing Fox get hammered in the lane. This team has no shot at the playoffs if Bagley is missing 1/4 of the season.

I'm sorry to say this folks, but based on what I'm seeing, this is a 30 win team...

No true superstar. Fox would be if he had a dead on 3pt shot tho. Buddy would be if he had handles.

I'm still on the fence concerning coaching. I'll give it a few more games to see if that changes. As of now, the pace which was the calling card seems to have dissapeared.

Having no true starting caliber center is going to hurt badly. Unless there's a trade for one, I don't see us winning more than 30, sadly.

This team is predominantly made up of expensive role players playing some sort of discombobulated roles which seem so undefined right now. It seems as if all the positives of the core 4 are just being shat on by whatever we're trying to run.

You could and may be right, but if you had to take solace in something, it would be the Kings have played 5 fairly good, competitive quarters out of 8, Not sure what is happening at the start of the 3rd. Didn't they have this issue either last year or two years ago? Because they aren't able to push the pace so far this year, the 4th quarter which used to be strong for them hasn't been a strength.

Most disturbing to me so far is I thought their bench would be a strong point. Right now, it looks like a concern.

It's a different look, but one that should be better for todays league. I have faith they'll figure out the spacing thing and those hiccups will subside. Defensively? I don't know man, there are issues there. You can't really switch playing this crop of bigs together. Walton is going to have to stick with some identity defensively and playing off pick and roll ain't it. Joerger eventually adjusted out of that but then went back to it himself.

You could and may be right, but if you had to take solace in something, it would be the Kings have played 5 fairly good, competitive quarters out of 8, Not sure what is happening at the start of the 3rd. Didn't they have this issue either last year or two years ago? Because they aren't able to push the pace so far this year, the 4th quarter which used to be strong for them hasn't been a strength.

Most disturbing to me so far is I thought their bench would be a strong point. Right now, it looks like a concern.

I think I got my head chewed for saying it in the summer but when Bagley comes back the team might need him off the bench.

It was Fox and a whole lot of nothing. With Bagley and Giles out it's not a good product and is destroying any hopes for playoffs. Lillard and McCollum decided to take a nap for the first half, set their alarm for the 3rd quarter, had their cuppa and away they went. You want to go inside to score, sure, we'll do that. You want to go outside, sure we'll do that too. Heads I win, tails you lose. Sure, the Kings played a lot better than against the Suns, but Walton has his work cut out for him with this bunch. Maybe after a dozen games or so they'll start to figure it out more on the defensive end, but by that time any playoff hopes will be over. The 2nd half of the season could be successful, but it is going to be working to the goal of playoffs for next season, imo.

On the positive side, I think Joseph and Holmes are going to help the Kings, especially when the Kings' team figures it out on the defensive side of the ball. Bogs played ok, which is good. They are going to need him for trade bait.
Oof. Try not to let your bias hit you in the ass on the way out

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Giles needs to hurry back, too. I’m sorry

this overly cautious crap helps no one. If he’s gonna get hurt then he’s just gonna get hurt

we can’t control that, but u dont know until you freaking play
They need him desperately. But he needs to play like a Giles who has taken an upward step from last year in order to get them through this stretch without Bagley. That's a lot to ask for, but that's what they need.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Are we not utilizing him correctly? I haven’t watched, so i know I’m missing something

they really need to figure something out and he also needs to look for his own shot more as well. He should know his role
I’m not sure to me I think Bagley should be the inside out guy. He can hit a jumper well. I think Holmes is what we wanted WCS to be. Holmes does the same things but with more hustle and unfortunately more fouls. A belli, dedmon, Ariza trade for a solid rotational big would be great. We are gonna struggle with nothing in the post for 4-5 weeks unless Harry comes back. Steven Adams sounds good right now

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

He was 3 for 4 on the night

If Dedmond isn't a serviceable starting center than that combined with the Bagley and Giles injuries are probably your season. We all griped about Willie's weaknesses but at the end of the day he was a league average starting caliber Center whose tools and skillset fit the team.

I’m not worried about Walton yet. The 5 spot is a sucking chest wound right now. No way should 10 fouls get burned guarding Whiteside and Collins. That is awful. Holmes, at least, had some hustle fouls. Dedmon is just awful. I mean, I’d rather have WCS back than this. WCS at least scared guys with his athleticism—if he cared that game.

Walton’s calling card has been defense—that will get better. Buddy needs to be given the Peja role—just face guard the guy you don’t want shooting off the catch, and everyone else play defense around him. Everytime Buddy tries to play team principles he gets smoked back door. He’s strong to fight through screens and can run all day, just have the man face guard shooters and simplify things.
Walton gets too much credit for being defensive minded. In reality, Lebron was coaching that team.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
We are really missing Harry and Marv, Dedmon has been giving us nothing.. he initially started off playing good defense then kind of just... fell apart. Richaun commits too many fouls, similar to Harry but doesn't bring the offensive prowess.

Wenyen needs to get Ariza's minutes. Need to play Yogi a bit as well just for some energy off the bench

I really hope I’m wrong, and yes I realize it’s only 2 games, but I’m a little worried we’ve hitched our wagon to the wrong coach. nothing about the way our offense, defense, rotations, or in-game adjustments look fills me with confidence. i really hope I’m wrong. And hopefully it’s just India trip hangover.
I was not too keen the Joerger firing, but willing to give Walton a chance - however the leash is strangely getting shorter quickly.

It was Fox and a whole lot of nothing. With Bagley and Giles out it's not a good product and is destroying any hopes for playoffs. Lillard and McCollum decided to take a nap for the first half, set their alarm for the 3rd quarter, had their cuppa and away they went. You want to go inside to score, sure, we'll do that. You want to go outside, sure we'll do that too. Heads I win, tails you lose. Sure, the Kings played a lot better than against the Suns, but Walton has his work cut out for him with this bunch. Maybe after a dozen games or so they'll start to figure it out more on the defensive end, but by that time any playoff hopes will be over. The 2nd half of the season could be successful, but it is going to be working to the goal of playoffs for next season, imo.

On the positive side, I think Joseph and Holmes are going to help the Kings, especially when the Kings' team figures it out on the defensive side of the ball. Bogs played ok, which is good. They are going to need him for trade bait.
12 games is poor....if true, the players did not get enough practicing in ....looks like they needed another month together at least. That's on the organization and coaching.

Walton might have to start getting more creative with his starting lineups. I am not so sure Dedmon is the answer, or Homes. I like Homes, but He seems like bench guy. Giles with Belly might be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.