[Game] Friday morning game

Everybody new we need a tree, the drive made no sense, and he turned it over. Buddy play in crunch time should be just wait for a pass and shoot, max one separation drible.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I know it’s 1 game (and a preseason game at that) but I’ll say it...I’m still not sold on Bagley.

I see the talent, I just don’t see the translation to winning basketball in this day & age. A 6’8”, high usage big who struggles to stretch the floor while not being known for his defensive abilities does not give me a lot of hope. Doncic was there for the taking and would have been a great fit at SF/PF with our core.

Now we’ve tied up all of our cap space with the hopes that Bagley is one of our saviors. If Bagley doesn’t amount to much, Fox/Hield/Bogdanovic/Giles is not going to be enough potential star power to be a true contender in this league.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, continue to collect young assets and picks with your cap space until you know you have your stars. Here’s to hoping Bagley proves me wrong...

End of overreaction rant/
There is a time to make this argument (although I'm pretty sure the horse is well beaten and decomposed at this point now) but I'm not quite sure part way through the first game of preseason after an entire offseason of NBA twitter talking about how Bagley was one of the best players at Team USA camp is it.

There is a time to make this argument (although I'm pretty sure the horse is well beaten and decomposed at this point now) but I'm not quite sure part way through the first game of preseason after an entire offseason of NBA twitter talking about how Bagley was one of the best players at Team USA camp is it.
Hence the “end of overreaction rant/“ part of my post

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It is the first game of preseason with the entire roster only having been in Walton's system for three days and with most of the guys probably super jet lagged. It would probably be more concerning if the guys were all playing as if they were completely fine because it would mean the roster was all on crack.

I know it’s 1 game (and a preseason game at that) but I’ll say it...I’m still not sold on Bagley.

I see the talent, I just don’t see the translation to winning basketball in this day & age. A 6’8”, high usage big who struggles to stretch the floor while not being known for his defensive abilities does not give me a lot of hope. Doncic was there for the taking and would have been a great fit at SF/PF with our core.

Now we’ve tied up all of our cap space with the hopes that Bagley is one of our saviors. If Bagley doesn’t amount to much, Fox/Hield/Bogdanovic/Giles is not going to be enough potential star power to be a true contender in this league.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, continue to collect young assets and picks with your cap space until you know you have your stars. Here’s to hoping Bagley proves me wrong...

Sheesh. I bet you couldn’t wait to post this all offseason long.

I hope you're wrong, too. But I have had a sneaking feeling all along that this might be the case. Don't get me wrong, I like Bagley, and he will be a good player, but Doncic was right there ...……..

I hope you're wrong, too. But I have had a sneaking feeling all along that this might be the case. Don't get me wrong, I like Bagley, and he will be a good player, but Doncic was right there ...……..
Oh please, don't turn every thread about Bagley vs. Doncic. I don't say you are wrong, it is just not funny. Discuss Bagley on his own merit. Discuss Bagley vs Doncic when talking about FO, but please, not in a game thread.

Oh please, don't turn every thread about Bagley vs. Doncic. I don't say you are wrong, it is just not funny. Discuss Bagley on his own merit. Discuss Bagley vs Doncic when talking about FO, but please, not in a game thread.
First, I was replying to someone else's post
Second, I was expressing my opinion about their post
Third it's a message board, the subject was brought up and I dang well will express my opinion pro or con on any post anytime I feel like it. Unless of course you are running the message board, now?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

The Bagley over Doncic discussion still turns on the fit with Fox who is the most important player on the Kings. Could Fox and Doncic share ball handling and playmaking duties? Could Fox succeed playing off the ball much more often? Could Doncic be as successful on a faster paced team? All good questions that can be argued. But Bagley is a pretty seamless fit with Fox.

This will be debated forever but it seems an especially weird game to revisit it since I think the Kings really lost due to being thumped on the boards, an area that should be a strength for Bagley.

First, I was replying to someone else's post
Second, I was expressing my opinion about their post
Third it's a message board, the subject was brought up and I dang well will express my opinion pro or con on any post anytime I feel like it. Unless of course you are running the message board, now?
Sorry, it was intended as a replay to original poster.

The Bagley over Doncic discussion still turns on the fit with Fox who is the most important player on the Kings. Could Fox and Doncic share ball handling and playmaking duties? Could Fox succeed playing off the ball much more often? Could Doncic be as successful on a faster paced team? All good questions that can be argued. But Bagley is a pretty seamless fit with Fox.

This will be debated forever but it seems an especially weird game to revisit it since I think the Kings really lost due to being thumped on the boards, an area that should be a strength for Bagley.
The end result has nothing to do with my post. I was focusing on the development of our players and focusing on what I saw from Bagley today (perimeter game, shooting, defense).