Steven Adams?

Entity

Hall of Famer
Are you suggesting a 3 teamer where pacers get Adams and we get turner. Maybe just maybe they want to offload McDermott ok

To pacers
Schroder, Adams, belijca

To OKC
Yogi Ferrell, WCS (10 mil cheaper than Adams) they will need a center s&t
To kings
Turner, McDermott

Adams is better than wcs but not by the amount bogie out plays his contract. We are helping them out if the luxury tax, why would we give up something to help them out? I'll take my chances in fa too.
Yep. Plus our 2nd unit would be in for a hurtin' if we traded Bogi and couldn't acquire a solid backup PG. With Bogi you can get by with someone who is just a decent play maker but without him you're going to need a bigger upgrade at backup PG.

Plus big men are becoming less and less valuable while wings like Bogi are becoming more valuable. I wouldn't give up Bogi despite him having an off year last year because it should be easier to find a capable center than it will be to find a guy who can match what we know Bogi is capable of doing.

I would never give a team that wants to offload contract, an asset.. maybe some deep rotation player or second rounder, but that is it.. its like buying a merchandise from a person that wants to sell it quickly, for a market price..

Kings declined, and now one of two things can happen.. they will find some team that will accept their trade, or they will come back to you at the end..

for Adams there are only couple of teams that can absorb his contract.. and some of those do not need C.. so market for Adams is not huge..

it is better not to make a deal, than to make a bad one..

No thanks!

Why spend a valuable asset to bring in a C when there are plenty of options at C in FA (some better, some worse than Adams) and plenty of cap space to work with.

I see some people have soured on Bogdan already because their expectations of him a too high. When he was coming over to the NBA, I said a valuable, smart bench player who could be a spot starter on a good team. Some were proclaiming him as a 25ppg scorer in his rookie season. Just not going to happen. He is a 15/4/4 type guy which is pretty freaking good to have coming off the bench. Ginobili made a HOF career coming off the bench for Spurs (and no I am not saying Bogdan is anywhere near as good as Manu but he is a pretty good player who is a winner).

Yeah, trading Bogdan for Adams would use two assets (Bogdan and cap space) to fill one hole, but would create a new hole (6th man). Would agree that it would be preferable to just use cap space to find a big, unless you feel really good about signing a backup playmaker and a backup wing with the cap space left after adding Adams’s contract.

I would never give a team that wants to offload contract, an asset.. maybe some deep rotation player or second rounder, but that is it.. its like buying a merchandise from a person that wants to sell it quickly, for a market price..

Kings declined, and now one of two things can happen.. they will find some team that will accept their trade, or they will come back to you at the end..

for Adams there are only couple of teams that can absorb his contract.. and some of those do not need C.. so market for Adams is not huge..

it is better not to make a deal, than to make a bad one..
Exactly right. The KINGS big asset in a proposed deal with OKC, or any team over the cap for that matter, is cap space. That is their big currency in a deal. The quality of player they offer up in return is the cherry on top.

Given that OKC’s primary motive for moving a player such as Adams is cap relief — or even more urgently, luxury tax relief, it only makes sense to hold out trading away any players the KINGS don’t wish to part with.

In short, the KINGS have all the leverage. They are among a small group of teams that have what these cap strapped teams need and only a few of those are willing to take on salary. OKC doesn’t have many other options to accomplish their goal.

Under no circumstances should the KINGS trade them the valuable cap space AND a player of Bogi’s caliber.

Iv'e been an advocate of Adams on the Kings for a long time, percieved dinosaur or not. Still very happy Bogdan was not part of a trade for him, as far as I can tell he's a great teamate and vital piece assuming his woes last year were overuse related.
Adams price tag is heftier than I first realized, WCS is looking like history, Dedmon is sounding more and more like my best case scenario.

I don’t know but you gotta think trading 8 million for 25 million and making a big chunk of the tax penalty disappear is the way to try to go if you’re the thunder.

Now saying that Bogi has been a favorite of mine since he was brought in but to me he is a trade chip that may be the one that may be wise to use. Some folks around here have been questioning his play last year and what he may look like this upcoming season and I for one have been on his side.

Now there has been a lot of talk about having cap space to resign our rookies in a few years but Bogi will be one of those soon also. I think his market value will be in the 15 million range if he gets 15 ppg next season.

A starting lineup of Adams, Bagley, Buddy, Fox and maybe Barnes is pretty strong in my opinion and would really be a better defensive team than last year. We just drafted 3 shooting guards not that I expect them to replace what we lose in that deal but finding a backup sg might not be that hard to find on the cheap. But at what cost would it be?

Well to finish it does sound like vlade is testing the waters and he has a few days more to try swing a deal with someone before he is forced to do those qualifying offers and then the dreaded free agency period of people turning us down starts.

Good luck Vlade as we need something to happen so please don’t disappoint us .

I don’t know but you gotta think trading 8 million for 25 million and making a big chunk of the tax penalty disappear is the way to try to go if you’re the thunder.

Now saying that Bogi has been a favorite of mine since he was brought in but to me he is a trade chip that may be the one that may be wise to use. Some folks around here have been questioning his play last year and what he may look like this upcoming season and I for one have been on his side.

Now there has been a lot of talk about having cap space to resign our rookies in a few years but Bogi will be one of those soon also. I think his market value will be in the 15 million range if he gets 15 ppg next season.

A starting lineup of Adams, Bagley, Buddy, Fox and maybe Barnes is pretty strong in my opinion and would really be a better defensive team than last year. We just drafted 3 shooting guards not that I expect them to replace what we lose in that deal but finding a backup sg might not be that hard to find on the cheap. But at what cost would it be?

Well to finish it does sound like vlade is testing the waters and he has a few days more to try swing a deal with someone before he is forced to do those qualifying offers and then the dreaded free agency period of people turning us down starts.

Good luck Vlade as we need something to happen so please don’t disappoint us .
The thing is though, the Thunder are not in the driver’s seat here. Other teams are. They are in salary cap hell, their best player is getting older and shooting worse with each passing season, and don’t have any young talent really even worth mentioning. Taking Adams from them is a favor as they would save buckets of money. They really aren’t in a position to demand much of anything.

Or just change your name from KingsSelecao to KingsHater so no one is surprised with all your negativity about this team
Unfortunately, this person isn’t the only one. I question the motives of quite a few on this board. I’d never spend time on a message board dedicated to a topic I wasn’t passionate about. I don’t love everything this franchise does, but I don’t hate everything they do either.

The thing is though, the Thunder are not in the driver’s seat here. Other teams are. They are in salary cap hell, their best player is getting older and shooting worse with each passing season, and don’t have any young talent really even worth mentioning. Taking Adams from them is a favor as they would save buckets of money. They really aren’t in a position to demand much of anything.
Its not that straight forward. Their GM has to maximize the talent value. The trade won't be just for the cap space, it will be for pick/s and young players. Its how these things have worked traditionally. Without an adequate talent replacement for Adam, then the Thunder might as well vlow it up and start again which is what they are clearly not going to do given they re-signed PG13 just a year ago.

Its not that straight forward. Their GM has to maximize the talent value. The trade won't be just for the cap space, it will be for pick/s and young players. Its how these things have worked traditionally. Without an adequate talent replacement for Adam, then the Thunder might as well vlow it up and start again which is what they are clearly not going to do given they re-signed PG13 just a year ago.
I agree, they'd have to get something out of the deal. If they just straight dumped Adams you know Westbrook would not be happy.

I still think they should go for Adams.
I like that he's only on a 2 year deal.

flip Bogi for Adams & one of Darius Bazely, Diallo, Ferguson

Throw contracts at Brogdon & Bojan.

Adams/Giles/Udoh
Bagley/Bjelica
Bojan/Brewer/Bazely
Buddy/Brogdon/James
Fox/Brogdon/Yogi

Keep piling up the "B" players.