[KINGS] Comments about the Kings that don't warrant their own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Stein

Bob Beyer is a potential assistant candidate.

Beyer has been an assistant in the league for 13 seasons and he spent this past season with the Thunder after two seasons as an associate head coach with the Detroit Pistons. The Kings are a young up and coming team and an experienced assistant like Beyer could help new coach Luke Walton.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com...cted-to-make-multiple-coaching-staff-changes/

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
More on Beyer, back in his Pistons days in Summer League

Looks like he had a big influence on Detroit's offensive schemes in the past, other short reads talked about ball movement improvements for OKC as a reason they hired him.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...on-offense-gives-pistons-new-pitch/107448504/
The Van Gundy Pistons and the Russ’n’Grind Thunder haven’t exactly been great examples of offensive execution. Of course both situations featured incredibly unique handicaps in the offensively challenged Drummond and Russ’s superglue hands and OKC’s collection of great defenders who couldn’t score even if the other team actively let them.

The Van Gundy Pistons and the Russ’n’Grind Thunder haven’t exactly been great examples of offensive execution. Of course both situations featured incredibly unique handicaps in the offensively challenged Drummond and Russ’s superglue hands and OKC’s collection of great defenders who couldn’t score even if the other team actively let them.
Yeah I agree, so it seemed odd to make the guy sound like an offensive guru, but I never heard of him before until last night.

Didn't see this elsewhere... So much for learning half court eh?

"I already know the way that he wants to play," Fox said of Walton. "I feel like if I was able to play in that type of environment, or pace offense my first year, I think it definitely would've been a lot different from what happened."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/k...ready-likes-about-new-kings-coach-luke-walton
Good to know that it wasn't just us that felt like the ZBo offense during Fox's rookie year was a complete waste of time.

Good to know that it wasn't just us that felt like the ZBo offense during Fox's rookie year was a complete waste of time.
There was some benefit for potential development there. Considering all the prospects, what Joerger wanted from the bigs. Slowing the game down and trying to run a half court.

Was it worth it?

It would of been maybe if WCS took a huge step up. But I'm sure the team learned a few things.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Just a simple reminder that we have an existing thread in the NBA forum (LINK) for NBA comments that don't warrant their own thread. Just from an organizational standpoint, comments in this thread ought to relate to the Kings.

I guess they offered him 3/50, but third year like only 2 mil guaranteed or something like that.. I am sure, as this is what Vlade does.. and I think I read he got full 40 million guaranteed from Clippers.

but it is nice story for media and everybody that he gave up 10 million to stay with Clippers.. and he is not lying about our offer, just not telling everything..
on the drive this morning amick said it was 35 guaranteed over 3 years so you are probably right that the 3rd year was partially guaranteed. but beverley aint gonna bore us with facts and details :rolleyes:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Christie has been saying a lot of good things about coach Mermuys, the Kings' defensive coach and summer league coach. Christie has been very impressed with the attention to detail on defense in the practices he has attended. It was obvious to me last year that Christie did not see the attention to detail on defense in Joerger's staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.