[Game] Kings @ Celtics - Thursday, March 14 - 4:30PT/7:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was at home without Irving. We are playing in Boston with Irving this time. If we played this boston team in Boston with that small lineup we prob lose by double digits.
The Kings didn’t have Bagley that game either. So now qualifiers matter?

Notice how the Celts were killing the Kings in the paint yet they never actually had any touches in the paint? Where all of the offense we’re off of drives from the perimeter? That’s the case because they know WCS will just stand there and Bjelky will be trailing a foot behind or fouling.

They win if they play like this tomorrow but Idk. WCS is just so useless to me

I’ll never like or enjoy watching the guy. It’s crazy how much better Bagley is in comparison
people make a lot of excuses for him, but he is inadequate in the "fire" department and that's all there is to it. He will probably give a post-game interview about love and sewing hats.

people make a lot of excuses for him, but he is inadequate in the "fire" department and that's all there is to it. He will probably give a post-game interview about love and sewing hats.
The way Willie plays is consistent with someone who had smoked a bit too much before the game. Slow response time, doesn’t make an effort to block shots, free throws seem like a major effort, misses bunnies, bounce passes throw at the people’s feet, etc etc.

I hear he’s a pretty creative artist though!

I think he has a lot of athletic skills somewhat going to waste but for what the Kings are apparently looking for out of that spot I'm leaning firmly towards it being time to move on. I'm not as solid in my opinion as I was in not re-signing JT back in the day but I see the same basic problems where the frontcourt is a bit too similar and nobody is a total compliment to one another. Giles and Bagley obviously have some benefits playing together but Willie at a huge cost would never be worth it.

The Kings didn’t have Bagley that game either. So now qualifiers matter?

Notice how the Celts were killing the Kings in the paint yet they never actually had any touches in the paint? Where all of the offense we’re off of drives from the perimeter? That’s the case because they know WCS will just stand there and Bjelky will be trailing a foot behind or fouling.
Well Bagley doesn't fit your small ball argument so it doesn't matter if we had him or not and if you don't believe playing the Celtics in Boston at full strength is harder than at home without Irving then I don't know what to tell you.

Well Bagley doesn't fit your small ball argument so it doesn't matter if we had him or not and if you don't believe playing the Celtics in Boston at full strength is harder than at home without Irving then I don't know what to tell you.
I’ve been saying that the lineup on the 6th was out of necessity. Jogger chose offense over defense. Folks said the solution was to bring in Bjelly, which never made any sense because Boston plays with only one big in crunch time.

We saw exactly what would happen when the Kings play big against Boston. They spread the floor n kill the Kings off the bounce.

As for Bags, I wish he was into there instead of Bjelly n Giles instead of WCS.

You pulling in Kyrie while leaving out Bags is just nonsense. Kings simply dont have the right personnel at this time to match Boston. A year from now, add some muscle n maturity to Bags n Giles n it may be a different story.

This WCS weed theory could actually be true. I remember at the start of the season the man was hustling getting boards, even outplayed embiid but now...he plays floaty with a lack of effort
Confident this isn’t far off. But guys like Charles Oakley used to smoke before games and dude was a physical beast. Guess I’m saying WCS’ play is less weed n more wiring. You can’t fix a big who thinks he’s a wing or turn a soft dude into a beast.

Also, realized Yogi got benched tonight, Burks sucked in his place, but Yogi’s benching is a long time coming. Dude’s been playing iso ball way too much.

Those dark days also had idiot owners, idiot GMs, bottom of the barrel coaches, draft bust after draft bust, terrible complimentary players around Cousins (Rudy? IT?! Get outta here with those empty stats cats!), and no young core to speak of (sorry, ex Donte Greene believers, he was always garbage).

Going into this off season we have the huge upside core of Fox, Bagley, and Giles. Fox and Bags could very well both be 20ppg guys for us as soon as next season.

We also have perfect complimentary pieces in Buddy and Barnes. And in the off chance Bogi pulls his head outta his butt, we have a legit 6th man.

The Joerger debate is cookin' at the moment, but I think we can all agree he's better than the rejects paraded through Sac during the Cousins era (Malone being the only guy one could argue for).

Vivek has chilled out. Vlade has made huge strides since the Philly debacle.

Moral victories suck, but this team is absolutely going to come back stronger next year. This ain't dark days optimism.
This is legit the post of the season!!! Gunks!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

As for the small ball, what was the issue? Was there notably worse rebounding/interior defense than the “14 feet” starting?

I think it’s personnel either way. BOgi was harming that lineup

I still wouldn’t mind looking at Brewer/Barnes/WCS

Those dark days also had idiot owners, idiot GMs, bottom of the barrel coaches, draft bust after draft bust, terrible complimentary players around Cousins (Rudy? IT?! Get outta here with those empty stats cats!), and no young core to speak of (sorry, ex Donte Greene believers, he was always garbage).

Going into this off season we have the huge upside core of Fox, Bagley, and Giles. Fox and Bags could very well both be 20ppg guys for us as soon as next season.

We also have perfect complimentary pieces in Buddy and Barnes. And in the off chance Bogi pulls his head outta his butt, we have a legit 6th man.

The Joerger debate is cookin' at the moment, but I think we can all agree he's better than the rejects paraded through Sac during the Cousins era (Malone being the only guy one could argue for).

Moral victories suck, but this team is absolutely going to come back stronger next year. This ain't dark days optimism.
One of the better posts this year. Nice!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Confident this isn’t far off. But guys like Charles Oakley used to smoke before games and dude was a physical beast. Guess I’m saying WCS’ play is less weed n more wiring. You can’t fix a big who thinks he’s a wing or turn a soft dude into a beast.

Also, realized Yogi got benched tonight, Burks sucked in his place, but Yogi’s benching is a long time coming. Dude’s been playing iso ball way too much.
I’ve said for a long while, it’s nice when Yogi is hot, but he isn’t good when that shot isn’t falling at a high clip.

Edit/add-on; Give me Frank Mason over Yogi. Yup. I still fly the Frank Mason flag. Especially now that the playoff dream is dead.

Last edited:
I still stand by my opinion that Donte would have been an all-star if only he were capable of getting out of his own way for a full day at a time.
Remember how excited we all were when at age 21 he somehow grew???!!!!! It was like Christmas around here...:D

Yah, we get excited about a real pair of future all-stars now, I was always in your corner Donte! One love brother!

Thank you kindly!

And VF21 will tell you, I've been one of the more pessimistic posters on the site over the years.

But really, I just call it like I see it! And one doesn't need to squint to see that this Kings team has a lot of upside!
Even my father in law is excited (lifelong Dubs fan from Castro’s Valley), and he has been following hoops as long as VF! He is insisting we go to the 3/23 Suns game with his best buddy and my oldest sons! He really had to wrench my arm to convince me to go....;)

Death, taxes, and KINGS fans trashing WCS after a loss. Truly the only things you can't truly count upon.

Regarding the game, it sure was tough to see them blow a game they started so well. They continually go through lapses during most games and it is what cost them tonight. Boston really had no business winning unless the KINGS let down and that's exactly what they did.

Despite what Peaches tells fans, Kyrie didn't have a great game. Sure, he ended with a trip dub which looks great in the box score but he was 11-28 from the field including 1-9 from three. That's usually not good enough to win games.

The problem was allowing a career journeyman Marcus Morris loose for 21/13 -- far and above his season and career numbers. Same applies to Jalen Brown. Good players, but nowhere near the level they played at tonight -- specifically from the mid-3Q and on.

The biggest lapse was the KINGS allowing the C's to hit, I believe, 5 consecutive 3's in a span of like 2-3 minutes. That stretch changed the game. The KINGS were in control up until that point. The C's gained confidence from the momentum shift then ran away in the last couple minutes.

In short, this was a game the KINGS could have and probably should have won considering how they started and where the game was at until that big lapse. Unfortunately, these let downs have been the norm as of late.

Let's hope this young team learns and grows from the experience rather than it becoming a really bad habit.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

I love the post, but I do agree with SLAB in one respect: Moral victories suck!:D

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I love the production that the Kings got from Barnes in this game: 20 points off of 12 shots, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and he should have gotten credit for a great block that was *not* a goal tend. Those stats are against a quality opponent with very good defenders. If this is the Barnes that we continue to see, it's going to be cotton candy and lollipops next year.

Joerger (and maybe management as well) are being conservative with the 20 year old Bagley and don't want him at this point to feel that he's got to be the savior of this team. I think that's understandable. They are playing the long game and that's just the way it is. Joerger said that Bagley would be playing today, so that's a good thing.

The Kings' fan base has become very negative. It would be good for people to remember that the Kings' are playing teenagers against veteran players. Sure we have lost a lot of close games. We have won some of them too. The team may not be going to the playoffs but next year looks really good for the first time in a long time. The NBA is full of talent. Even the weaker teams are hard to beat. I am very proud of the Kings' for what they have done this year.

Harrison Barnes is a great addition to the roster. If you don't think so, watch him more closely.
The next step in the evolution of this team should be improvement at the 5.

The Kings' fan base has become very negative. It would be good for people to remember that the Kings' are playing teenagers against veteran players. Sure we have lost a lot of close games. We have won some of them too. The team may not be going to the playoffs but next year looks really good for the first time in a long time. The NBA is full of talent. Even the weaker teams are hard to beat. I am very proud of the Kings' for what they have done this year.

Harrison Barnes is a great addition to the roster. If you don't think so, watch him more closely.
The next step in the evolution of this team should be improvement at the 5.
I'm negative because we were 100% in the playoff picture and then laid an egg against our direct competitor on our home court. That and I haven't gotten to watch my team in the playoffs in 13 years

Status
Not open for further replies.