[Game] Kings @ Wizards - Monday, March 11 - 4PT/7ET

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Really glad we didn’t call a timeout so Buddy could heave a desperation two after 9 seconds.

Give me a break. All that earned Goodwill gone (for one night)

This team has got talent but man do that make some brain dead plays with the game on the line. Fox throws the ball around. down 3 and buddy takes the deepest 2 you can take... ???

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's a wrap.

Probably the worst passing performance I've ever seen of Fox. Just one of those games...

Not having Bagley was a killer for some of these recent losses.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Joerger overcompensating for that time he got mad at Buddy by apparently just letting him do whatever the **** he wants whenever the **** he wants.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Even when we regained the lead it still felt like we were down 10 pts.

Not surprised at the eventual outcome of this game. Wizards let us back in it, then slammed the door shut.

You know all that come from behind stuff early in the year? Yeah, it's coming back now. This is the first time I think we've seen the team gassed as a whole. They fought back again in this one but you can't expect that for a whole season. At some point you have to impose your will, not just respond.

Even when we regained the lead it still felt like we were down 10 pts.

Not surprised at the eventual outcome of this game. Wizards let us back in it, then slammed the door shut.

There is a reason for that. The Kings were riding high of off fast break plays, hustle, and chaos. You can't just manufacture chaos game in, game out. At some point you have to be able to get easy looks from your half court sets that don't involve long distance marathon running.

that was definitely the nail in the coffin as far as playoff chances go. It was a long shot anyway. All they should do now is to just try and improve, maybe get some players some time that haven't had as much time

I’d be pissed if I didn’t think the playoffs were already done (which I did)

Don’t know what can be done about BOgi. Joerger might not want to pull him to mess what confidence he has. Hate to reward Beli’s low motor inconsistent stuff with a starting lineup again.

I’d personally go Brewer, but the original starting 5 will probably be in Boston (despite Dave most likely thinking Barnes more a PF than SF)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's a wrap.

Probably the worst passing performance I've ever seen of Fox. Just one of those games...

Not having Bagley was a killer for some of these recent losses.
The thing is that Giles and Bjeli have done a really good job of stepping up in his absence but the constant slow starts thanks to our small ball lineup featuring two shooting guards who seem to have forgotten how to pass (or shoot) are putting us in a hole that is impossible to overcome.

I’d be pissed if I didn’t think the playoffs were already done (which I did)

Don’t know what can be done about BOgi. Joerger might not want to pull him to mess what confidence he has. Hate to reward Beli’s low motor inconsistent stuff with a starting lineup again.

I’d personally go Brewer, but the original starting 5 will probably be in Boston (despite Dave most likely thinking Barnes more a PF than SF)
I'd like to see more set spot shots for him. Let him play off the ball and lay off so many curl plays. Same for Buddy. I think they are both starting to wear down big time.

The thing is that Giles and Bjeli have done a really good job of stepping up in his absence but the constant slow starts thanks to our small ball lineup featuring two shooting guards who seem to have forgotten how to pass (or shoot) are putting us in a hole that is impossible to overcome.
Bjelica coming back in has shown how much the Kings missed the 3 ball. He's a much better compliment to Willie if Willie is going to continue to be the constant hub of the front line.

gunks

Hall of Famer
There is a reason for that. The Kings were riding high of off fast break plays, hustle, and chaos. You can't just manufacture chaos game in, game out. At some point you have to be able to get easy looks from your half court sets that don't involve long distance marathon running.
I agree!

In theory the team will be better at that next season with Barnes and Balgey being able to score in the half court, along with an ever improving Fox making plays...

In theory! But I'm gonna stay optimistic. This team still has a TON of room for organic growth with all the high upside kiddos on it.

But yeah, the jazzketball was always going to unsustainable.