[Game] Kings vs Bucks 2/27- 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bjelica was not there so now its time to blame WCS it seems. one of these days both will get a DNP and STILL be blamed. Already happened to Bjelica who was blamed for the second quarter collapse vs Wolves while on the bench when the Wolves were making their 3 minute 15-0 run frought with Kings turnovers.

Bjelica was not there so now its time to blame WCS it seems. one of these days both will get a DNP and STILL be blamed. Already happened to Bjelica who was blamed for the second quarter collapse vs Wolves while on the bench when the Wolves were making their 3 minute 15-0 run frought with Kings turnovers.
Yep we have some super rational posters on this board. Someone can play well all game and have one bone headed play and it’s suddenly their fault.

The only bad loss so far was the loss to the T-Wolves. Now we play the Clippers and let’s see what happens.

Giles play against Milwaukee was encouraging. He has the talent he just needs to reign in his emotions. Our 3 point shooting has been sub-par since the trade deadline. If Beli gets more minutes let’s hope he still has confidence and can hit some shots.

Marvin while spectacularly talented was becoming a bit of a black hole on a team which wins by passing. He was -18 in 18 minutes last night which was as similarly bad as WCS who got killed.

Let’s see how this plays out before declaring the sky is falling.

The Kings are playing everyone tough. A little more confidence gets them over the hump.
How about the defense on Fox by Bledsoe at the end of the game? Wow.
The Bucks are very talented and play in the image of Popovich learned by their coach.
The Kings still make a lot of lazy passes. I think two handed passes are a good idea.
I am happy that Bagley walked out of the locker room without crutches.

Went to the game last night. Couple things I'd like to address.
1. Happy the way we fought to make it a game. The energy in the building felt like a playoff game. Especially the DEFENSE chants.
2. I'm not sure what the plan was on the last play of the game. Fox iso sure....But can we get some backside screens or a pick getting him to his left?
3. WTF WILLIE!!!!!! That's all i gotta say on that.
4. It's now or never come friday. We have to win the close ones going forward.
5. On a brighter note i had some great seats last night and caught "Mean Mug Doug" give Giannis the eyeball in pre game.
1551369757496.png

The only bad loss so far was the loss to the T-Wolves. Now we play the Clippers and let’s see what happens.

Giles play against Milwaukee was encouraging. He has the talent he just needs to reign in his emotions. Our 3 point shooting has been sub-par since the trade deadline. If Beli gets more minutes let’s hope he still has confidence and can hit some shots.

Marvin while spectacularly talented was becoming a bit of a black hole on a team which wins by passing. He was -18 in 18 minutes last night which was as similarly bad as WCS who got killed.

Let’s see how this plays out before declaring the sky is falling.
I think our play in general was encouraging. We need the A game vs Clippers and I think the effort will be there. Hopefully the execution in important moments will be just a tad better than it was vs Bucks.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The highlight of the night for me was when Harry Giles turned it on for his fallen teammate. You can tell that had a major impact on him and probably brought back some bad memories. His heart was the reason we had a chance at the end of regulation to win that game. He needs Bagley's minutes while Bags heals up.
And he got rewarded for it by getting subbed out for Willie.

A true Yogurt moment.

I've already moved past this game. We lose next game to the Clippers and we're probably done.

I don't care what we have to do to stop Harrell...brick wall, lid on basket, throw Ben Wallace into a time machine and sign him etc...

We need that win.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Clippers have owned us all season long, more than any other team as far as I can tell. Seems like they blow us out every time. But yes, we could really do with a win here. Hasn't been a good run of games for us.

After I watch the Kings play I often think of guys like Ben Wallace, Darryl Dawkins, Bill , Wilt, the kind of guys that made you think twice about driving to the bucket. We don't scare anybody. The Bucks got an unbelievable 14 blocks last night.

One thing that bothers me is that we're losing these close, crucial games in playoff race, simply because we're being selfish in the end. We had a great chance to beat both Warriors and Bucks and we blew it by wasting a final possession, rather than running some play that can actually give us a chance to score.

I know Buddy and Fox had the best intentions, but we just can't afford to lose the games like that right now. We gotta play smarter.

Big game on Friday, hope we can bounce back!

One thing that bothers me is that we're losing these close, crucial games in playoff race, simply because we're being selfish in the end. We had a great chance to beat both Warriors and Bucks and we blew it by wasting a final possession, rather than running some play that can actually give us a chance to score.

I know Buddy and Fox had the best intentions, but we just can't afford to lose the games like that right now. We gotta play smarter.

I don't mind Fox iso play one on one at the end there. I just think he should do a pick n roll and pick a weaker defender on him like KD and Harden did, playing smart and exploiting the other team's weakness is what is all about when it comes to winning and losing.

That is a good point but how is that not on the coach? It was Joeger’s call to have everyone clear out and run an ISO for Fox.

I don't mind Fox iso play one on one at the end there. I just think he should do a pick n roll and pick a weaker defender on him like KD and Harden did, playing smart and exploiting the other team's weakness is what is all about when it comes to winning and losing.
Right most NBA coaches with that much time left our looking to create a switch to get a match up the like. Joeger did none of that. He forced Fox to go ISO on one of their better defenders when we had plenty of time to get a match up we liked.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Right most NBA coaches with that much time left our looking to create a switch to get a match up the like. Joeger did none of that. He forced Fox to go ISO on one of their better defenders when we had plenty of time to get a match up we liked.
To be fair, it looks like they were trying to run Buddy across the key in front of De'Aaron to try and rub Bledsoe off of him but Buddy got tied up by his man and no one else decided to even try to get open.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
To be fair, it looks like they were trying to run Buddy across the key in front of De'Aaron to try and rub Bledsoe off of him but Buddy got tied up by his man and no one else decided to even try to get open.
Hey now...

Bogi was open from 40 the entire time.

yeah, but if Buddy, or god forbid Bogdan, dribbled out the shotclock like that you would have chewed them out like a pack of Peja's nicotine gum.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
yeah, but if Buddy, or god forbid Bogdan, dribbled out the shotclock like that you would have chewed them out like a pack of Peja's nicotine gum.
To be fair, with the way Bledsoe was playing to end the game there's a good chance both of those guys (especially Buddy) would have turned the ball over before even getting the chance to dribble the clock out.

(I was lobbying for Bogie to get the final show BTW soooooo)

One important thing working in Bledsoe's favor was that the Bucks still had a foul to give which allowed him to play over-aggressively and physically. He obviously wasn't worried about being called for a foul. And he did foul Swipa by the letter of the law of the new 'freedom of movement' rule. But we all know that the officials 'typically' allow heavy contact on a final play. And Bledsoe knew that too, as a 9-year vet should.

The aggressive defense is exactly why I had hoped the KINGS would run a play to take advantage of it. Hopefully they'll learn.

To be fair, with the way Bledsoe was playing to end the game there's a good chance both of those guys (especially Buddy) would have turned the ball over before even getting the chance to dribble the clock out.

(I was lobbying for Bogie to get the final show BTW soooooo)

i was actually typing something out to say that I did not mind the iso playcall for that particular reason. i thought that their number one goal was to insure it is us who takes the last shot and thats why they put the ball into the best ball handler's hands to minimize the chance of a turnover. i just whish he put something up...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
i was actually typing something out to say that I did not mind the iso playcall for that particular reason. i thought that their number one goal was to insure it is us who takes the last shot and thats why they put the ball into the best ball handler's hands to minimize the chance of a turnover. i just whish he put something up...
Yeah, I didn't mind the iso. I just didn't like that when the play started breaking down, the entire team pretty much just stood and watched as Bledsoe almost stole the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.