[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - Monday, Jan. 14 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both guys have arms wrapped and both are just trying to untangle in the backcourt away from the play but the damn zebra finds it necessary to call a double foul, good Lord.

I know Hammer, but there is a reason he "gets" to dunk the ball.
Yes, he is good at lobs, but a lot of the is because of our great guard play. It's not a skill you can build around. Plus, Giles and Bagley can do it as good or better. Willie has better lob range but fumbles it frequently, Giles has glue on his hands, and Bagley can get up even higher than Willie, without the turnover liability.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Harry Giles's potential is absolutely insane. You can absolutely see why scouts thought he was a better prospect that KAT. Even without whatever athleticism the leg injuries cost him, he's still going to be an absolute monster.

The actual numbers: 39.5% of Willie's made FGs are dunks. Assuming he missed 0 dunks, he hits the remainder of his shots at 40% (but since he has certainly missed some dunk attempts, his FG% on non-dunks is something higher than that).
Turnovers, bad decision making, etc. 40% non dunk fg % seems ridculously low for a player that takes almost all of his shots in the paint... but I don't have a way to gauge that.

The actual numbers: 39.5% of Willie's made FGs are dunks. Assuming he missed 0 dunks, he hits the remainder of his shots at 40% (but since he has certainly missed some dunk attempts, his FG% on non-dunks is something higher than that).
How many Willie FGs SHOULD be dunks, but he flips up some garbage instead?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Turnovers, bad decision making, etc. 40% non dunk fg % seems ridculously low for a player that takes almost all of his shots in the paint... but I don't have a way to gauge that.
BBRef has those sort of breakdowns. This year WCS is shooting .296 from 3-10 feet, which is not at all good, and he has been progressively getting worse from that range over his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.