[Game] Kings @ Lakers - Sunday, Dec. 30 - 6:30PT/9:30ET

One way to give the guys a bit of rest is to run the offense the way they did in the 3rd. The Kings have a bad habit of running multiple off ball screens and then eventually running a pick and roll with 6-8 seconds left on the clock. That's an unnecessary use of their legs and it gives you only one shot in a reset offense like pick and roll. They ran one interesting sequence that illustrated how dangerous certain calls could be offensively. They ran a screen and roll with Fox, then dished it right over to Bogdan who ran one right after it. That forces the defense into multiple areas at one time.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don’t know if he should get minutes in crunch time but Bjelica is not a starter and part of the problem. He’s a PF version of WCS in many respects. Doesn’t bring motor/energy, inconsistent and not a good paint presence
Him being ground-bound and methodical in his movements and WCS being allergic to using his athleticism 85% of the time is a horrible pairing.

I don’t know if he should get minutes in crunch time but Bjelica is not a starter and part of the problem. He’s a PF version of WCS in many respects. Doesn’t bring motor/energy, inconsistent and not a good paint presence
Yeah and Bagley does. Which is amazing that you point this out yet continue on your quest for Doncic love. This game and every other one against the Fakers even with LeBron goes way different with a healthy Bagley playing without foul trouble

And the outcome would be the same or worse with Doncic on the court.

Yeah and Bagley does. Which is amazing that you point this out yet continue on your quest for Doncic love. This game and every other one against the Fakers even with LeBron goes way different with a healthy Bagley playing without foul trouble
Well, I’m not sure Bagley is ready but I’d take him starting over what is starting now, certainly

Bjelica actually, despite his athletic limitations, can play ok and savvy defense, but is no juggernaut. This game they had to focus better on offense with the lead in which they failed.

Well, I’m not sure Bagley is ready but I’d take him starting over what is starting now, certainly
He probably is not ready but he moves his feet much faster then Nemanja and he has the athleticism to stay with the top fastest at the position. Plus he rebounds way better than Bjelica and he is a menace on the offensive glass/put backs. Nemanja can hit threes and is good for the occasional foray, slowly, into the lane for a layup. Bagley hits lesser threes %wise but players lay off him as they respect his drive. Nobody respects Nemenja driving so it is almost surprising when he does it. Hes a solid backup, but not having Bagley hurts real bad.

defensively, kings suck more than they should. That Hart and Caldwell Pope nonsense shouldn’t happen. Ingram lacks identity against every other team in the league but is seemingly the Pre draft Durant comp when playing the Kings. I don’t know if they need to pick their poison and accept that they don’t guard the paint well but they can’t allow so many wide open three pointers.

I understand they’re solid players but no LeBron and Kuzma being average should’ve been money in the bank in a game where Fox, Buddy, and Bogdan score as they did. Perimeter defense shouldn’t be so terrible for the Kings. It’s not Willies and Bjelis fault two wing role players played out of their heads and negated what is usually a winning formula with Fox, Bogdan and Buddy combining for nearly 70.

Kings also need to stop gambling so much defensively. It’s like a gambler in debt still betting on the ponies. When the Kings rarely get a stop I hate seeing our guys running behind their man. Let’s see if they can play on ball defense first. Build a bankroll before blowing their wad.

Last edited:
Sorry, but we must watch games in different universes. This is exactly what Bjelica is not. He is our best rebounder and shot blocker per minute. The problem is he doesn't play more, especially when Bagley out, while JJ playes more minutes then him, doesn't stop anyone and have empty stats. This game Bjelica had the best +- on the team (+18), so no, he didn't hurt the team.

Last edited:
This was a game Giles should have got some burn. Kk been struggling and jackson and Bjelica have been providing little. I mean my God the coach turned to Bmac. This game us the first time I'm confused that Giles didnt get any burn. He has shown well the last few outings and played well in stockton. Could have used his punch off the bench tonight without bagley. I'd rather see Troy and Gabriel at the 3 and stretch 4 than Jackson. My God he is just terrible.

The problem is Bagley wasnt grabbing those rebounds. Bjelica can grab rebounds but he cant do crap with en except pass them out. Bagley grabs boards and puts them back in.
Saving posession is not good enough? Anyway, most rebounds are DR, and lack of them killed us (not only) this game. What would Bagley do is irrelevant, he is not available, but Bjelica is. However, we end up playing JJ more minutes.