[Game] Kings @ Heat - Monday, Oct. 29 - 4:30 PDT

The look of a bored D Wade in the sideline and the deflation of the Heat homer commentators makes it so much sweeter, especially love moments like when they said "Whiteside is going to work the Kings for not believing in him" in the first half, then subsequently "Whiteside has gone invisible" in the 2nd half, or when they begrudgingly mentioned "Kings have won twice in the row in the Heat's home court, something they have never done before".

Thanks for the good time, young Kings! Looking forward to the ORL game.
I enjoyed when they started telling their viewers that the Kings were a really good offensive team as if that's how it was for the past 10 years lol.

I think what's been truly awesome (and pretty damn shocking) is all our wins aren't just a case of us getting lucky for a night or the other team playing like total crap as they've been a majority of the last 8+ years. We've straight up been outplaying teams and forcing teams to compete with our breakneck pace.

Fox
WCS
Buddy
Bagley
Bjelica
Shump

is looking damn strong right now as a core. Once Bogdan comes back, you got a 7th guy. Need to figure out the back-up playmaker spot (hopefully just becomes Bogdan when he gets back), back-up C and JJ's spots in the rotation. Pretty stunning that we're able to even have this kind of a conversation this season, but hey, I'm not complaining.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not ready yet. Kousta is a much better option for the backup C minutes right now
I don't think Harry should be playing backup center anyway. He's just been physically overmatched so far. I think he's really a PF by both body and skillset. Maybe if he continues to bulk up, but for this year I think the goal should be putting him in a position to succeed. That would be playing backup PF but Bagley is taking all of those minutes from both Harry and Skal.

Harry's flashes in Summer League got everyone excited, but we have to remember that he basically had a wasted college season where he wasn't healthy and then a full year break and now is being thrown in against NBA vets. The Kings can (and should) be patient with him.

gunks

Hall of Famer
At this point it doesn’t matter if he’s doing that. We can’t afford to lose him. At this rate he’s gunning for most improved player.
I forgot the :p!

Yeah, we gotta resign the dude. He's stepped it up in a major way this year. I keep waiting for his signature 5 game slump after a good outing, that may be a thing of the past.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't think Harry should be playing backup center anyway. He's just been physically overmatched so far. I think he's really a PF by both body and skillset. Maybe if he continues to bulk up, but for this year I think the goal should be putting him in a position to succeed. That would be playing backup PF but Bagley is taking all of those minutes from both Harry and Skal.

Harry's flashes in Summer League got everyone excited, but we have to remember that he basically had a wasted college season where he wasn't healthy and then a full year break and now is being thrown in against NBA vets. The Kings can (and should) be patient with him.
And he missed two years of high school basketball on top of that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Luckily there's a place right down the road where he can hone his skills and see a lot of court time.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If we just keep giving Willie 1 year contracts he will play like this all the time.

You're welcome
That would be ideal but... Restricted Free Agency means we're more than likely going to get Otto Porter'ed by somebody. It'll be a real tough call either way. A lot of games to watch before we have to worry about that though.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That would be ideal but... Restricted Free Agency means we're more than likely going to get Otto Porter'ed by somebody. It'll be a real tough call either way. A lot of games to watch before we have to worry about that though.
Except Willie's RFA season happened to correspond with one of the strongest free agency seasons in years so there is a strong chance Willie gets overlooked as team after team looks to throw max money at Klay Thompson.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was a fantastic win.

Best of all, the Kings are winning games in a sustainable way, assuming the young guys don't hit a wall from all the extra running.

And there are still some major areas for growth: bench production, free throw shooting, rebounding, team and individual defense, higher numbers of threes taken and made etc. And Bogi hasn't even played yet.

I started off this season just hoping for development of the young guys and for the Kings 1st rounder to not be the #1 overall pick. Now? I'm legitimately expecting them to have a chance to win on nights when they aren't playing the Warriors.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Except Willie's RFA season happened to correspond with one of the strongest free agency seasons in years so there is a strong chance Willie gets overlooked as team after team looks to throw max money at Klay Thompson.
You picked the right night to talk about a Klay Thompson max contract. :D He was going to get it anyway, but a half dozen more GMs might have just talked themselves into making him an offer after he knocked down 10 triples by half-time.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Buddy has turned into a top two way player with his work ethic and hustle. Not many teams can keep up with us this year. I am glad we have a vet like Shump on the team to bring intensity, I am also glad we have a vet like Bjelica to bring some smarts and execution.

Some of the passes our team has made tonight were wild, I am wondering what our team will look like with Bogi back. Looks like Giles is going to Dleague with Kosta Back. I just hope Kosta does not take away from Bagley's minutes.