Free Agency Thread - 2018

There are a lot of questions for sure. However most of them revolve around whether they will be allowed too or not. I think it's very obvious the first two on your list could have happened last year if allowed. In order for it to occur they have to ditch the team killing 11 man platoon rotations and commit to someone.
I think Buddy could have for sure. Bogie needs to be a little more selfish and just take the open shot when the opportunity presents itself. The 11 man rotations need to end this year for sure. Joerger seems to be a players coach and I've never heard a player act negatively or speak any ill will toward him but he's going to have to make some players mad this year to get this team where it needs to be and the mad players better be the veterans. ZBo and Shumpert/Temple taking minutes away from the young guys to keep everyone happy is a losing way to coach.

Rod Beard @detnewsRodBeard
#Pistons deal for Jose Calderon could be a money-saver ... I'm told they're pursuing trades to open up cap space. Potential trade pieces are Ish Smith, Jon Leuer or Langston Galloway.

Ish (1yr 6 mil)?
What do they want in return?
How about a gently-used wcs (1yr 4.7 mil)?

Kings get a backup pg and lose one of our kabillion bigs
Detroit saves enough to keep dwight buycks

Last edited:
Why so impatient? There aren't any realistic targets out there that are going to add 5-10 wins to the Kings. They are still developing all the young guys. Instead of concentrating on wins and losses, it's better to concentrate on player development.

Will Buddy put up over 15ppg? Can Bogs put up 15ppg after finally getting a rest? Will Bagley be a double double machine? Will Giles show flashes of the player he once was? Will JJ start knocking down his shots? Will Fox improve his shot and play making abilities? Will Skal become a useful stretch 4 type player? Can Frank Mason cement a place in the league and finish at the rim more consistently?

There is a ton of stuff that needs to happen before the Kings can start winning. They could get a veteran PG and SF and start a bunch of old guys and possibly get 33 wins or so but what's the point in that? I think most Kings fans are aware enough to realize that if these young players don't go, the Kings don't go. If they can't improve with this core then it really doesn't matter who they sign because it'll be a failure either way.
There are still a few young sf that can grow with the team. We have a glaring hole at sf so might as well find someone to fill that hole if jj isn't the answer. Whether it be by fa or trade but standing pat I feel is not the answer. (Either is signing an old vet to stunt our youngs growth)

Sam amick said reke's agent is warriors old gm and they want him

Amick said howard will meet w/warriors but likely pels or wizards

So another day and nobody wants cuz or IT?

Sam amick said reke's agent is warriors old gm and they want him

Amick said howard will meet w/warriors but likely pels or wizards

So another day and nobody wants cuz or IT?
I think pels gonna resign cuz. No one else wants to pay him to rehab half the season. It's strange not to see any interest in IT tho. I would really like him as a backup pg to rehab his image ala rondo but worried his ego won't have it and joerger will start him

Also please reke go to warriors or thunder. No ex kings to the lakers please

I think pels gonna resign cuz. No one else wants to pay him to rehab half the season. It's strange not to see any interest in IT tho. I would really like him as a backup pg to rehab his image ala rondo but worried his ego won't have it and joerger will start him

Also please reke go to warriors or thunder. No ex kings to the lakers please
It's not strange at all for IT. He's always been about him and in a high profile team like the Lakers or even Cavs it became clear that he wasn't about the team whatsoever.

I’m amazed how not a drop has come out of our FO.

I’m also going to take Ham with a greater grain of salt and Jones on any Kings moves. I think they were either guessing, parroting other media outlets on Hezonja/Parker/LaVine