***The Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread***NO TWITTER SPOILERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt that's why Bratz was fired. Who else was available at #13? Vlade and/or Bratz made a really good trade getting Bogdan. Would much rather have Bodgon than Criss.
It was a weak draft and the odds of getting a usable player at that position in the draft was very low but I don't think a single fan on this board was talking about PapaG as the pick at 13. It wasn't like the pick was a no brainer at the time like TRob and just didn't work out. It literally came out of no where when we heard his name called on draft night.

The hysteria may not be just among fans with teams jockeying to get the #3 pick to take Luka. I think the Hawks floated feigned interest in Luka to garner increase value for the #3 pick. If I was the Hawks and do not get a trade offer I like, I would take Mo Bamba. I don't see Luka falling past #4 barring a trade.

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Bagley
3. Hawks - Bamba
4. Grizzlies - Luka

Any team above or thereafter that takes Jaren Jackson over Mo Bamba will regret it. Also any team that takes Trae Young over Collin Sexton will regret it. If Miles Bridge slides past the late lottery or further, I hope we can make a play to add him.
There is so much right about this post its insane!! Sexton will be 10x the player Young will be and Jaren Jackson is fools gold while Bamba is the real deal!

I've come to appreciate Luka and Marvin so much, that I think I'll be in mourning whatever the ultimate selection is... Both would contribute so much, and in such different ways.

I'll be happy with Bagley. People have definitely talked themselves out of him but if we were still sitting at 7, Bagley would be looking mighty attractive right now. He does have superstar potential although he has a lot to work on. My biggest worry is actually his size. If he's 6'10'', great. If he's 6'8'', not so great. But he does usually look quite tall on tape, so let's hope it's the former.

This is what I have been saying all along, and I have predicted this is what the Kings will say afterwards when they are asked why they did not take Luka. Why would we want to take the ball out of (future all-star) Fox hands? Give me a break. You can only have so many creators. You need finishers. Boggy can do 65-70% (or more) of the shot creating of Luka and Boggy is the superior shooter. Luka is nice and charismatic but he is a luxury we cannot afford. This is a no brainer. I am far from a genius in these matters but I don't buy hype. I am suspicious over any consensus. When there is hype around a player I am more likely to view with a critical eye, not overly critical, but seeing the substance behind the flash.

Clearly no one has a clue who we are taking. I'm pretty sure it's by design. Most prominent writers out there are putting out different names, which means we are not letting anyone know anything.

OK, I'm not buying it. They have concerns with taking the ball out of Fox's hands? What the everloving F was most of last season then?
Last year was about incrementally increasing the responsibility given to Fox. Then with the trade of Hill, the responsibility increased. He will be ready for more of a work load next year. Then you have Boggy, who proved himself to be a pick a roll maestro. How many more shot creators do you want or need?

Last year was about incrementally increasing the responsibility given to Fox. Then with the trade of Hill, the responsibility increased. He will be ready for more of a work load next year. Then you have Boggy, who proved himself to be a pick a roll maestro. How many more shot creators do you want or need?
It's not about having more it's about having one that's better than both of them in terms of passing and running an offense.

If it was just about having more, then I can ask you how many more young athletic big men do you need? You already have Willie, Skal, and Giles.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just created the "final" prediction poll thread. It will close shortly before 4:30 PDT. Last chance to get your prediction on record. :)

MOD NOTE; PLEASE! This is about the most excitement we've had in a long time. NO SPOILERS. Wait until the announcement is made by Adam Silver. PLEASE!

We're all on pins and needles. Let's all savor the official announcement at the same time. I'll be repeating this message throughout this thread. Thanks.
Apparently journalists have agreed not to break the picks before they happen this year. Let's hope it works. And if it doesn't, I'd like to suggest instant one-day bans for anyone who post spoilers...

Every year people do it despite being warned in advance not to. Like the child who just can't help himself.

gunks

Hall of Famer
If we pick Bagley over Doncic, Vlade is going to look like an idiot or a genius.....

..... in 3 years.

Doncic is my "instant gratification" pick, but Bagley could very well be the better player down the line. Or he could be a garbage man bust. And Doncic could end up Hedo.

Tricky draft. I'm still just happy we landed pick #2!

Apparently journalists have agreed not to break the picks before they happen this year. Let's hope it works. And if it doesn't, I'd like to suggest instant one-day bans for anyone who post spoilers...

Every year people do it despite being warned in advance not to. Like the child who just can't help himself.
They appear to be all but breaking them hours in advance instead of right before.

Status
Not open for further replies.